Hyuuuge barb Nerf 2.6.7

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: As if that will ever happen! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Some have resentment when when I post my own tables, so I will post Free/Rage’s instead.

Class / NA / EU / AS / Average

Barb: 125.7 / 127.7 / 126.8 / 126.7
Cru: 130.0 / 132.1 / 129.7 / 130.6
DH: 129.0 / 131.2 / 129.9 / 130.0
Monk: 125.4 / 129.3 / 127.6 / 127.4
Nec: 130.8 / 135.3 / 131.2 / 132.4
WD: 130.2 / 132.2 / 129.8 / 130.7
Wiz: 136.0 / 138.9 / 138.3 / 137.7

These numbers are old but can be used for illustration purposes. Both necromancer and wizards are being nerfed. Let’s say the both end up at 131. Then to get all classes within 3 greater rifts, you would only need to increase monks by 0.6 greater rifts and barbs by 1.3.

If you got both monks and barbs to 130, then all classes would be between 130 and 131 (only 1 greater rift difference).

Some have resentment when MicroRNA post his own tables, so I will post TRUE ones instead
Highest current EU NS clears:
Barb: 133.00
Cru: 138.00
DH: 140.00
Monk: 135.00
Nec: 143.00
WD: 141.00
Wiz: 145.00
Why should Barb always be THE LAST for years?!!
Are there any reasons for Barb not to be always THE FIRST for years to come since???

10 Likes

As I said, I copied old numbers that were derived from looking at 3 regions by Free/Rage. Necromancer’s thorns and apparently both chantodo and bazooka now are being nerfed.

Let’s assume these nerfs take these two classes to 141 (or even a hair lower). You bring up barb and monk to at least 138 but not past 141. All classes are within 3 GR.

From 133 to 145. 3 GR. Exactly right!

4 Likes

ManoWar,
You did not quote the prior 2 sentences when you quoted me stating: " All classes are within 3 GR.".

141-138=3

In context of my prior to sentences my quote makes perfect sense.

Bring barb to 144, wiz at 141, within 3, perfect!

I like how in every use if your “within” you literally mean “less than” when referring to barb specifically. Balding, malding, and red hot scalding, micropeen is mad wizards are getting nerfed.

12 Likes

Troll quotes itself!
A masterpiece!

7 Likes

I agree. I fail to see how it is not allright for barb to be ahead of wiz by 3 gr in solo, but it is ok for wiz to be ahead by nearly 10 grs on barb.

Asinine.

5 Likes

Or we could balance it this way:

Barb-138
Monk-138
WD-138
Sader-138
Nec-135
Wiz-135
DH-135

Seems fair…

8 Likes

NIH. Not Invented Here has always been a huge Blizzard issue.

You are diverting the subject. Over the entire course of D3, no build is balanced on average clear. All builds are balanced by TOP clear.

While necro is nerfed, its live record is 147 solo
While Chantodo is nerfed, dont forget theres star pact solo. Both are tied in solo capacity. Since wiz had a choice, no one pushes on SP solo due to its inefficiency on RG. I am hearing news on SP nerf. Needing to confirm this.

We can not base solo records on Season as season themes provides different functions and buffs to a particular build. While NS has significant paragon advantage, it is this that should be used since there are no other factors that influences the result and paragon are numerical which can be trimmed down to simulate the tier for lower paragon players.

Hence as at today:

NS top clears across all servers including China is:

Class Player Highest Clr Top 10 average
Barb Hulda 134 132.2
Crusader Sky 138 137.3
Monk Schmon 135 133.5
DH Sky 140 137.3
WD Jiraya 141 138,7
WIZ 花无缺 146 143.9
Necro ArThurcJ 147 142,8

• Necro i am unsure what tier nerf it is
  • Wizard as mentioned still has star pact and its fully capable of 145+ pushings
  • Barb nerf let barbs remains unbuffed pretty much. While Remorseless provides additional fire power for Raekor HoTA, ancients also counter productive in groupings which affects efficiency.
  • Monk remain unchanged
  • Crusader should remain unchanged. New set buffs shouldnt surpass LoD BS
  • Dont Play WD

In my opinion. All class should be buffed so solo 140+ with 7-8k ish paragon which is pretty common among dedicated player base in 2019. Season buffs should resemble around 8k ish paragon. The 100% power circle this season is pretty good resemblance of it. Even a 150% power circle is understandable for seasonal players.

7 Likes

Rend argument in a TL,DR…

One side supplies facts and figures based on the knowledge of the class they play.

One side supplies speculation and speculative figures based on their righteousness and utter disdain for the barb class. They are obtuse.

Unfortunately, Blizz looks at facts vs hypotheticals and it appears they have sided with the trolls.

Shame on Blizz. Shame on the trolls.

Keep the fires burning Barbros. Keep em burning :fire:

2 Likes

It’s a huge nerf to a very small minority of players who pushed with a build that utilized a broken game mechanic. Solo necro might be on par with or even below barb with this Nerf. I haven’t seen a lod mage necro clear over 120, but with thorns necro no longer an option for pushing I’m sure that number will increase. 130-133 is my guess for extremely high paragon. But that is just an educated guess. With 1.6k paragon and missing 30% of potential damage modifiers I hit gr 115. With the 30% damage modifiers i think 117 to 118 with heavy fishing would have been possible. So 118 at 1.6k paragon would have been possible. Paragon obviously have diminishing returns the higher you go, but 1.6 is low for a heavy meta/group player. I had 21kish mainstat and in this hypothetical i could reach 118 with better gear. Dark potatoes had 50k mainstat- so with that kind of paragon I’m doing 2.5x damage = 8ish grs. Then add gems being a higher level and probably add another 3-4 grs. So with 10k paragon and near perfect gear and high augments and gems you’re looking at 118 + 12 more grs = 130ish gr in napkin math. Maybe 133 with dedicated fishing. All of this is of course without taking season 19s effect into account which I believe the lod necro play style will benefit from since it has continuous damage output [with heavy spikes during lod uptime, simulacrum uptime and physical rotation of coe].

So, the main “evidence-based” argument was that a P10000 player that cleared 140 thought that he might someday clear 144 with the same build.

Live EU clear chantodo: 145, almost 2 minutes remaining. Great conduit, no power on guardian. Certainly a 146 is possible with enough fishing Diablo 3 | GR145 Solo Wizard | Rank 1 WORLD (Vyr Double elements) - YouTube

Live China clears: necro 147. Wizard 146. I have no video on those

So:

1. barb thought that he might get to within 1-2 rifts LOWER than live pre-nerf

2. both top builds are nerfed by a couple of rifts (thorns necro still able to clear GR150 4-man guardian at around five minutes, not exactly the weakest build out there and chantodo by 3.5 rifts). That would bring them to parity with what someone thought he might one day achieve (not exactly hard data, is it)

3. Rend is nerfed 7 levels because f barbs. WW is now 133 @10k according to current clear in PTR, might clear a bit higher at live.

4. ???

5. profit

3 Likes

I still urge people to not reply to Micro.
As you can see, he pulls up old numbers , but at the same time he has stated he likes to show REAL evidence in his spammed tablets.
He says one thing, then contradicts himself. “Every class should be viable”, yet says Barbarian should be at a 138 clear while Wizard should be at a 141.

He was no where to be seen when Wizard and Necros were op and still is.
He has spammed this forum with tablets just to show that “Barbarians are not that bad”. While they are and have been for years.
The Only class he has done anything against is Barbarians.
Never shown up to a Wizard op discussion and spammed his tablets.
Never defends himself when real facts are being brought up…
Never replied to why he only spams the Barbarian threads with fake numbers.

People like him are the reason why Blizzard nerfs a class.

4 Likes

You’re speculating with made up, nonsense numbers that you then turn into “facts”. That’s your problem. I thought you were gone already. nobody wants you here.

1 Like

I prefer:

Barb-144
Monk-142
WD-142
Sader-142
DH-142
Nec-140
Wiz-140

Even 4 GRs difference between classes would be fair enough and Wiz and Necro would know how it feels to be the last for once…

He just assumed that WW Rend will clear 145 GRs on live servers based on what DARKAPATATOR claimed…

6 Likes

Precisely.
He talks about “I want balance for all classes”.
But you have NEVER seen him spam numbers for Wizards these last 3-5 seasons they were Op. Neither with Necro or any else class besides Barbarians.

I flag him every time it’s possible. He is a troll that knows nothing and apparently got something against Barbarian players.

1 Like

This table was from the 2.6.6 barb buff proposal. I think that it is a good enough to assess class balance. If you feel it isn’t, you may want to address it with the author of the proposal.

The number in the barbr buff proposal and my numbers have relied on non-season to eliminate confounders caused by seasonal buffs.

1.The top necro build should be nerfed, In patch 2.6.7, the necros thorns buils is being nerfed,

1. The top wizards builds should be nerfed. In patch 2.6.7, Wizard’s chantodod is being nerfed and now there are report that bazooka nmay also be nerfed (I do not have first hand knowledge of the bazooka nerf)

2. Barb should be buffed… Barbs are being buffed in 2.6.7. The extet of the buff is controversial.

3. Monks should be buffed. It unclear to me if this is happening. It seems like they may be getting a little bit of a buff (maybe/possibly/not sure)