From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

Yeah because in a video game there is the untouchables class, medium class and then there are elites where untouchables pay taxes to :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please don’t nerf the Barb. I was excited to finally play one next season.

9 Likes

Man I am grinding towards it, right now I am an elisisst still.

3 Likes

I can’t believe it’s been a week without news

1 Like

Elitism is good, everyone being able to have fun has nothing to do with it, both can co-exist.

3 Likes

Well, sine the top player with over 10k paragon barely cleared 140 with a near perfect rift YES. Based on that. It happened. What are you saying the top potential for that build is, was what are you basing it on?

2 Likes

I guess some people are jealous of barbs having players who actually know how the game works like Free, Rage or Pro. Sure there are other pro players for each class, but there’s barely any sticky thread in their forum and some don’t even have any sticky guide at all…

Just take a look at all the sticked guides and Prokahn’s math and detailed graphs and you can get a headache just from seeing the amount of information posted about certain builds…

3 Likes

I’m basing on historical precedence from past PTRS and some simple things such as no FoT in the build. For a more detailed explanation, see:

If you want to look at the paragon levels of players, you can check here:

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/index.php?action=p1000&orderby2=exp_sc_main&action3=total#toparagon

There are 28 players over 10,000 paragon in America/EU/Asia regions (this does not include the China server)

1 Like

i need to see a table/graph for why you wrote this post

9 Likes

Honestly they need to keep chantodo buff and rend buff so we have 3 speed metas. Then just buff other classes for solo where needed. Not sure why that’s so hard to do.

11 Likes

Well, to be frank, before a few days ago, I have been on the Diablo 3 forum (The French version) 3 times I think, and I play D3 since 2013 and the release of RoS; and I have come on the US forum since the Fr one is essentially dead.

And as I said in an earlier post: I NEVER knew the Barb was the weakest class, I never played at top level, and I never read any guide, I prefer to search and do my builds all by myself; of course, since I haven’t done maths and theorycrafting and everything, they are most probably not the most optimized, nor new or anything, but I don’t care, I play for myself, I want to have fun, I want to push forward because I can and because I want to, I like when there’s new items and stuff to try, to see the various synergies they could have: looking at the stuff and thinking “Hey ! If I do this, I combine this with that, and I use this, take that thing to Kanai’s, then I can get…Oh yeah that’s cool, I need to try !”

There’s also the fact I totally stopped the game in 2017, a few days or weeks after the introduction of the Necro, and I reinstalled it 4 days before the S18 starts, for real: I have been replaying D3 for less than 3 months.
I mean, when I left, the 6P damage for the Immortal King set was 750%, the LoN was 100% and the LoD didn’t even exist yet, etc.
It just increases the fact I didn’t know the Barb was the weakest thing since I was myself several patches behind, and yet, I had fun looking at the new numbers and playing, still ignoring the class was the weakest.

That’s my philosophy: I won’t look at the guides, because since there are much more skilled players than me, and of course, because there are more than ONE player, everything I could think about as ALREADY been thought, done and tested extensively, and I don’t want to read anything about it, because it would rob me from the pleasure of doing my own thoughts and tests, and the fun coming with it; even for the optimization, I look at things and I think “Hey ! If I was doing this instead of that?” and I try, and if it works, it’s cool, if it doesn’t, I’m just thinking “Well it’s too bad, it was looking fun”, and I go and try to push with my build and my way of doing, and I have fun, that’s what it is for me.

And honestly, I’ll tell you this: I never knew the Barb was the weakest class, and I never ever thought about it to begin with, of course, I have played with others people, I have eyes, I see the classes are not equal, I see when Dh can pull four times as more damage than me in half the time, but it never really bothered me: I don’t play in high level anyway, so I assumed that both that particular Dh set was overpowered (I have it, so it didn’t do anything to convince me otherwise) and that I was just bad, but I still have fun, so who cares.
If anything, the only think I was thinking when I was frustrated of being useless because the Dh or whatever else was absolutely crushing the boss in tenth of the time I could do was “I want to hit as much as him”, not, and never “I want him to be weaker”.
Don’t nerf anyone, buff everyone.

For this Lamentation nerf, I think about my egoist pleasure, I have to admit: I like to have a large damage buff for a cool and fun build.
I won’t do 140 Grifts, but I’ve tested the Lamentation buff on the PTR, and now that it seems to be removed, well, I’m pissed, because I got a taste of that power, and I don’t want it to be removed, because that power was FUN, and I want to have FUN.

11 Likes

So you base it off nothing. no facts. try using fact. try using what actually happened. I personally believe NO person will get near 10k paragon in the next decade and he is an outlier at GR140. max is more like 136 for normal people with no nerf. use my make believe facts now?

6 Likes

It is no use to reason with him, a major waste of time. He is like a broken record that skips and plays the same B&S, over and over and over again and there is no way to turn him off. He is like a character out of a Stephen King book, a real :scream:!

7 Likes

Elitism is natural, and automatic. When you are good at something you inspire others automatically. This extends to everything, including videogame guides.

It’s quite obvious that each class community has its own elite players, who know the mechanics and understand the math behind it better than others. They may choose to keep this knowledge to themselves, or they can take the leader role, as Brokahn and Free have done, so they can help others players to have a good and more comfortable game experience.

of all the people in the forums, don’t forget Nubtro, S4v4g3, Felix and many others. DRs of D3.

2 Likes

Hadd, I would not put myself in that category, as my game knowledge is pure barbarian and some statistical number crunching. When it comes to very detailed BP, tick rates, frames per seconds, I don’t think much. When it comes to mechanics, Nubtro, S4v4g3, JustinFan, Rage, Felix these guys are the ones. I am just messing around :slight_smile: and barb for life in every game

2 Likes

Did I hear right, he called a Free a bleeping idiot? I stopped watching shortly after that, I couldn’t believe it. I post sporadically but check the forums daily to stay informed and by far, in my opinion, the Barb forum is the best, always helpful and welcoming. I’ve learned so much from you guys and when I cleared a 101 with my Hota Barb it was because of the info I received from this group.
Fluff definitely doesn’t know this class as well as he thinks he does, ignorance is bliss I guess. He should be ashamed of himself for that stream, he might know Necro but definitely doesn’t know Barb.
Thanks for everything and here’s hoping we are spinning soon!

12 Likes

We might do well to pause a moment and reflect…
I think this thread and its response are rather unusual.
Why?
When was the last time we had this level of response simply regarding a post on class balance?
Maybe it’s more, more than the simple sum of its individual parts?
A real watershed moment made be unfolding. A confluence of factors including class DPS neglect, lack of communication to the community from developers, snowballing of enthusiasm for sharing ideas, a pinch of nostalgia and a (sub)conscious realization that this forum and game can’t last forever.
With the D4 announcement, we are now facing the waning moments of D3, the inescapable twilight of an experience that for some is a life style and a commitment to a community.
I don’t believe the huge participation we’ve seen in this discussion is a total accident and it’s hard to predict when we’ll come together to do something like this again…

PS: Don’t forget

14 Likes

it must be.
he uses theoretical max numbers from thee top player to show Barb’s top clear
he ONLY compares those to NERFED current (non top player w 10k) top Wiz and Necros and acts like its a equal and fair compare.

if…gdang it. typing this almost got me killed by bounty hunters in RDR2,
good luck barbs. Blizz do the right thing and keep the 200%. i’m out.

4 Likes

@Prology,

I realize that this thread is long and there are multiple threads on this topic. You may have missed…

Also