WW w/Rend feels right

This is true, but not possible given the limited number of items available in this patch. Builds that rely on gimmicks (R6 and VC) will no longer be the top. Our approach was, always, a conservative one: pitch an elevation to all Barb builds and address intra- and inter-class parity via buffs. The developers took a lot of influence from the proposal, but they haven’t followed it 1:1. Saying the current buffs are “incompatible” to the proposal doesn’t mean much when Rage and I don’t work for Blizzard.

We never asked for a top-tier buff because we figured that was out of the question. If we got one, good. We deserve it. And I will fight to keep it.

It is laughably silly that you wouldn’t ask for this, but ooooookay.

That’s . . . not a yes or no question?

And for the love of God, stop posting your dang tables everywhere–they make posts a mile long.

Just close Excel and take a breather.

1 Like

That isn’t really how it works. I’m not at liberty to explain more, but all I can say is that discussion is healthy, even if we don’t all agree.

What would be wastes 2h weapon of choice? Furnace?

I closed excel. I have moved on to R and SAS.

1 Like

By the way all of you are completely ignoring solo StarPact, which has done 144 last season with paragon 4000 in NA, and is NOT nerfed.

Wiz will still be the #1 solo push class. It just won’t be as braindead easy as Vyrs which anyone can play.

MicroRNA your analysis is only looking at Vyrs but Vyrs isnt the strongest Wiz build in the first place.

6 Likes

Ignore the 10K paragon outlier, looks like the new WW build is on par with the post nerf Wizards on the PTR.

2 Likes

Relative to looking at wizard build, I restricted myself to non-season like the original barb buff proposal due o confounders related to seasonal buffs. The top 22 ranks in non-season in the America region are all chantodos builds . You need to click to see what the build was due to people transmogging their gear.

In the world current era, there are only 5 wizard players who cleared greater than 141. The absolute highest is 144 in the current era.

I suspect that we should not ignore people with high paragon when looking at the clears. Remember not everyone pushes on the PTR server. The poster near you Ulmaguest at paragon 9305/ #3 rank solo barb in current era.

Also, wizards will be better than the PTR but most likely worse than current era. Again, not everyone is running in to PTR test, including wizards whose change was a nerf.

P.S. With hindsight being 20/20, the current leaderboards (era and seasons) completely validate my position in relation to the patch 2.6.6 items.

1 Like

The reason they all run Vyr’s is because it’s easier. StarPact on a capable player will still annihilate Rend, even if Rend recieved zero nerfs.

As I said, StarPact can do 144 with just p4000.

1 Like

Has anyone done a 144 with starpact without a seasonal buff?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a proper comparison to include a 10.5k paragon player in the mix, where none of the top 10 wizards PTR clear were above 7k paragon.

2 Likes

That is why I included the current era leaderboard for wizards that includes high paragon players. The top clear of these high paragon players in the America region is 141 in the current era. This build is being nerfed. If it drops 2 greater rifts, then 141-2=139.

1 Like

I like apples to apples comparison. PTR vs PTR, Barbs are on par with nerf’ed Wizards based on your data.

Yes, a bunch of the 140+ rankings in China were SP, including a 144 and 145 without Season buff.

2 Likes

The proiblem is that the PTR does not accurately recapirulate the playerbase.

From the PTR, we can conclude that 1 non-seasonal barb can clear a 140. From the era leaderboard, we can conclude 1 non-seasonal wizard in the America region can clear a 141. The wizard build to clear a 141 is being nerfed.

Seems that it is an easy comparison in my mind.

1 Like

Is it though? The same player that achieved 140 with WW in PTR has 144 with Chantodo in NS (Ze Darkpatator). Let’s compare the same player with himself instead of presenting biased comparisons, shall we?

5 Likes

Yes Micro,

Let’s stop being bias.

2 Likes

The chantodo build is getting nerfed. The PTR has only been up for less than 48 hours. I wonder how many others are actively pushing barbs.

Can you explain to me what I said was biased? I think that what I said was factually accurate.

Also to my knowledge, has there any been a patch that went live (assuming that no nerfs happened) where the era leaderboard did not surpass afterwords the PTR leaderboard?

1 Like

While it was factually accurate, it intentionally left the impression that the current difference between chantodo and ww is 1 gr level, while it is 4 (and 144 was 12:53, 145 is certainly achievable). Future clears might close the gap, but no one can say for certain if it will surpass chantodo or not

Whether lots, few or none are pushing with WW barb is of course unknown. My guess is probably quite a few, since the new toy is always appealing.

2 Likes

The same applies to Wizards right? Maybe the nerf’ed Wizards will still come out on top vs the new ww Barbs.

1 Like

Lets take what you say at face value. There currently is a 4 grift difference.

1. 144 is the top wizard clear in this era in the entire world. Presumably, this is with optimized/almost perfect gear and lots of fishing.

2. 140 is the current top barb clear on the PTR. The PTR is less than 48 hours. As such, the time to fish is much more limited.

3. The PTR 140 barb clear includes non-ancient shoulders.

4. Chantodo’s is being nerfed.

That is why I said the greater rift potential of wizards (post-nerf) should be between the PTR and current clears. L2R

1 Like