From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

That is a necromancer. Was s/he using a thorns build that is getting nerfed?

Here is a more comprehensive image of the non-season leaderboard.

1 Like

Another case of the empty vessels making the most noise, and Blizz fell for it.

Good job.

7 Likes

I just CCed my thread in Reddit.

Added link to this thread to increase visibility.

13 Likes

This was the first time I was excited to play Barb since season 4. It’ll be a great shame if the nerf goes live.

It didn’t even make Barb the strongest class. But they’d be strong for a chance. Something they’ve desperately needed for years.

13 Likes

Barbs have the lowest clear IN THE WORLD right now. If we don’t get Lamentation back, that difference in GR’s will only get worse as Monk got a buff this PTR.

www.diablo3ladder.com/leaderboards/normal_rifts.html#toladder

13 Likes

I’m a DH only player and I support barbs with all my heart. Why? Maybe because I started playing D3 from day 1 with a barb and have over 2000 hours 1330 hours with that class.

Stopped playing, because I just couldn’t bare the huge damage difference between other classes.

I really admire all the barbs who stick with barbs through all the years even though they’re the worst DPS class in completing the highiest GRs, yet trying hard to work together to make the class better and never ask for any nerfs to other classes at least I hope so :stuck_out_tongue:

I completely agree with Free, but settling for even 100% is not enough. If Devs don’t want to give barbs a 200% than give them at least 150%. This would be more than fair.

I also agree that one player with over 10500 paragon and “godly” items shouldn’t be considered as an example to nerf anything at all…

Nerfing barbs who has been neglected and ignored all this years won’t definately increase the hype for D4 either, cause many players might think twice if they want to buy a game where their favourite class might be nerfed to the ground, because players with no experience with that class say so…

Work for each others benfit, don’t take pleasure from ruining the fun for other classes, just because you can’t play with this class, don’t like it or fear it could surpass your favourite class in clearing the highiest GRs in game by even 3 or 4 GRs…

Even if Barb would take the place in META as the damage dealing class the world won’t end and honestly they deserved it after serving as only support classes for all these years…

If barbs want to be heard they should speak up on Youtube about their concerns and how to make barbs great again.

The best solution would be at least in my opinion if Free made a video on youtube about the lamentation nerf and how it serves no purpose other than leaving barbs in the same spot they were before.

Same with adding more buffs to items like Remorseless or Fjord Cuter and other supporting barbs legendaries that might help create new great builds capable of pushing highiest GRs in game (135-140 GR) with more than just ONE build. At least two would be enough…

That’s just my 2 cents. I hope barbs get what they deserve and that their loyalty to a class that was constantly ignored will be rewarded. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Those posters had nothing to do with it, the developers saw someone clear a GR140 and overreacted.

The Devs said they are listening to well thought out posts, Free among others have laid out for them why this is wrong. The Devs said they will be more vocal, but admitted they would be busy heading into Blizzcon. This is understandable but now the Con is over. So who is the Elephant?

The Elephant in the room is the Classic Dev Team. They need to respond to this well laid out post, and if they disagree, give reasons why! If they do not, I am afraid there is little hope left for this game to clean up the lack of balance.

Based on this nerf, they believe the build can do a GR145-147 solo if 140 is their true balance point, which I think is completely outrageous!

8 Likes

I expected a 2-3 GR nerf given Blizzard’s attempt to lower Wizard/Necromancer solo performance by 3-5 GRs.

Giving a 7+ nerf though is just so shocking and completely caught me off guard.

What makes the most sense for me is Lamentation to have a minimum of 100% Rend damage bonus. Whether it be 100-125% or 100-150%, completely removing the damage mod just moves Whirlwind centric builds up a few GRs at best from 2.6.6 I hope that wasn’t the intention of buffing Rend, just to improve it a few GRs.

17 Likes

The other approach to rein in people with 10k+ paragon would be, you know, to punish botters and let the rest of us actually have a powerful build for a change. As a barb player from the days of the initial D2 ww nerf, I am more than tired of this pathetic whine plus nerf cycle.

10 Likes

I realize that there has been a lot of attention towards the #1 clear but if one looks further down the leaderboard, one sees interesting things. Below is the GR tier of the Rank #40 player (PTR barb non-season vs. America region era 11 non-season). I think that I grabbed the data on Oct. 22 but I could be off a day or 2.

Barbarian Tier Crusader Tier Demon Hunter Tier Monk Tier Necromancer Tier Witch DoctorTier Wizard Tier PTR Barb
Player Ranked #40 120 127 125 120 123 125 133 130
1 Like

If you looked at the S19 PTR leaderboard you saw 143 clear with WW Rend Barb.
That was way under 2K paragon.

I cleared a 122 WW Rend Barb in 11:01 at paragon 1150 and stopped 'cause I didn’t want the devs to see another barb higher and cause a nerf.
I knew a nerf was incoming with the Chinese guys getting over 140 solo.

1 Like

I don’t recall seeing that. I think the highest I saw was 136 or 138. I think if that did happen, I would’ve heard about it. There would be a lot more people bringing it up. Can you post some type of proof?

Awesome post Gasnick extremely well said. The way you worded it and got your point across was beautiful. I just hope and pray that blizzard see’s it along with some of these other awesome posts supporting barbs that have seemingly sprung up like a brush fire in these forums. I too am in arms over the nerf and very disappointed in the scale of it. I might’ve winced if it went to 150 or even 100% but they went way too far and I really hope it gets reverted and or changed. And like you said as well 100-150% I think would be be fair an possibly acceptable. I personally would like to see the nerf reverted completely as it really wasn’t overpowered given the average realistic paragon of your average seasonal player. Either way I would hope there’d be one more stage of thorough testing of whatever the imposed change may be. Blizzard promised the barbarian community that they were listening and that they’d give us the buffs we’ve long deserved. They claimed to have heard our warcries… So please blizzard at the very least live up to your promise. Hold true to it. Show us you really do care about the barbarian class and its current state. A second round of testing needs to be done with a realistic seasonal paragon and by several well known knowledgeable barbarians or maybe perhaps by someone with a voice in blizzard themselves. The build itself can be so much fun (no its obviously not for everyone) but I would implore anyone at blizzard to try it themselves. You truly owe it to the entire barb community. It didn’t deserve this change/nerf and I think if the proper testing had been done the nerf would not have happened to begin with. I just feel you (blizzard) jumped to conclusions too fast and without enough/proper data and unwittingly catered to the non barb classes screaming for nerfs likely due to the fact it passed or contended with their favorite non barb build. I have never asked for a class to be nerfed in forums. Everyone likes their own thing and if that thing is on top that’s awesome good for them. Is it that way for all classes…? No… In a perfect world it would be but sadly it’s not. I just don’t see the point in going on the forums and expressing your disgust over another classes build because of how strong it is. Especially after a class like the barbarian who has been lurking in the shadows for far too long. The build was nowhere near overpowered given the current top clears by other classes like Wizard and Necromancer. The haters really should feel ashamed and blizzard should be for listening to them. For so long Blizzard you claimed to be listening. You claimed to have heard our cries. You filled us with hope, optimism, excitement and all those so good feelings that come along with receiving something you’ve longed for for sooo long. To have it just within reach only to have it suddenly taken away. It’s unfortunate that it seems these promises were broken… and as for our “warcries”…? They’ve fallen upon deaf ears… :frowning:

8 Likes

The seasonal leaderboard is not informative due to the seasonal buff and the bias in which classes were being test most frequently on the PTR. That is why the most appropriate comparison is between non-seasons.

1 Like

You cant look at the season 19 PTR results because all you had to do was grouping mobs and kill enough for the first killstreak then they all died. Seasonal theme did 90% damage on the PTR.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work, hope the devs can see this and change their mind.

6 Likes

If that’s true I would make a screenshot of it, just to prove my point.

Right now it seems like something that you made up to justify the lamentation nerf…

Next time if you post something like this make sure you have a prove, cause I might also say I cleared a 140 GR with WW Rend in PTR with 1500 paragon and no augments at all and it wouldn’t mean that it actually happened if I had no prove for it…

No proof since ptr gone.

First night Alkaizer took the Barb S19 lead with a 120+.
The next day the lead went over 130 into mid 130’s quickly.

By evening the lead went to The Eggman doing a 136 or 137.

Next morning some Chinese guys went over 140 and no euro or na guys followed.
They were all way under 2k paragon.

Anyone playing S19 Barb saw the leader boards and will testify.

When I did my 122 solo I saw I was 14 lvls behind The Eggman.

There was no doubt a nerf was coming after guys way under 2k paragon were clearing 140+

1 Like

Way to continue your trend of trying to create a false narrative.

1. We can’t look up the ptr rankings to see if you’re lying and you have a track record of manipulating data.
  2. What did rank 50 or 60 or 70 look like? I assumed you looked at most of them and picked the best line that fit your narrative.
  3. What was the average clear?
  4. Picking one line from a leaderboard of 1000 clears and claiming it as some type of evidence based data is probably the clearest indicator that everything I’ve been saying about you is true.
  5. What about the ptr monk and sader? They both got drastic buffs. Oh right, you only focus on barbs while not playing the class at all.
10 Likes

You forgot about the 500 kill streak angels from S19 theme that can literelly kill a 150 GR Guardian in seconds, so what you said might be done in season.

Funny that Devs nerfed WW Rend, yet are ok with 500 kill streak Angels one shoting mobs on 135-145 GR or highier and killing a 150 GR Guardian in seconds.

Yep it’s totally normal right? :roll_eyes:

6 Likes