From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

it was clear to me that PTR non-season barbs were better than all live non-season classes

Do you have the numbers?

Could you please provide a quote for when I said that or implied that?

1 Like

I hadn’t seen him post for a while and thought he might have been banned…than BAM! Up he pops again.

2 Likes

Except the events of the last few days in regards to class clears proved you wrong. Not by a small margin either.

Funny that someone that fancys themselves as smart as you can be so shortsighted, biased and seemingly illiterate. You didn’t bother to really read what you were responding to. I’m actually killing myself laughing right now.

6 Likes

You can see it here.

The PTR numbers were after less than 48 hours on the PTR. All numbers are for non-season. The data was current and correct at the time of posting.

I would ignore the wizard PTR numbers. It turns out that the leaderboard was not reset after the last PTR. The 132-137 wizards PTR clears were from the patch PTR 2.6.6.

2 Likes

Sure, this entire thread is full of you doubting WD and DH can reliable do 140 and above.

You wrote:

I tried explaining to you that DH and WD are 140 capable and you didn’t listen.

Later on in other threads you implied that Necro and Wiz are strong but getting nerfed next patch therefor 140 is an outlier.

You are incredibly biased in your view against Barb which is why you omit the fact that 140 at 10,000 is just not a big deal and that next patch, even post nerf, plenty of builds will be doing 140 and above.

12 Likes

It’s getting silly in here. Where ya at Blizzard. We need some clarification.

1 Like

I smell that people will start to punch others in this thread soon xD

I am truly surprised it’s stayed as civil as it has, to be honest.

3 Likes

The below text is not mine, this is Micro from another thread.

*** The magnitude of the barb buff seems too great,

I strongly encourage the use of Blizzard’s analytics to make sure that the buff that goes live does not result in an outlier class that is several greater rifts above the next best solo class, especially in light of the introduced nerfs to two classes. One possible solution would be to decrease the rend damage buff on lamentation from 150%-200% to a flat 100%.**
The text below is mine.

It took me about three seconds to find this using a search of your post history. You posted ‘nerf barb’ directly and indirectly for over a week. The very first thing I get when I search your post history is a post from August 27th where Prokhan is asking you, in the barb forum why you were suddenly interested in the class. In that thread it looks like you are trying to make the case that barbs aren’t under performing in solo based on graphs and API data.

6 Likes

Free, I just wanted to tip my hat to your amazing efforts in this thread. D3 debuted on my birthday in 2012, May 15, and my first toon I made was a Barb. They are near and dear to my heart. I had so much fun on the PTR a couple weeks ago and felt truly powerful.

Devs, please listen to the Barb community. Revert the belt buff back to 200%. Not more. Not less. 200 was perfect.

8 Likes

I believe darkpatator estimate of 144-146. Lets assume 145. I said reduce the rend buff to 100% on lamentation. That is ~3.5 greater rifts. Barbs would clear 141.5.

1 Like

Only a brave soul would post something like that in this thread.
Maybe you should start a new thread.

That quote comes from the second post in this thread. I like analyzing numbers.

1 Like

Lets not, because there is no evidence to support this.

Just stop with your thoughts and feelings garbage already.

14 Likes

Thank you for proving yourself totally disreputable and dishonest. Also for the laughs, you walked right into that. Beautiful. Also I assume nothing; for someone who claims to love the scientific method you’re doing a great job of bastardizing it here to prove an erroneous argument.

On topic; revert Lamentation affix nerf, add 100-200% for a total of 300-400%. Let Barbs (and some of us non barbs) enjoy WoTW. Do the right thing here Devs. Please.

14 Likes

“Let’s assume 145” from the guy who also claimed “wait what do you mean WD and DH can do 140+? I don’t see it on the LB”

Do you not see how biased you are?

When it comes to Barb you exagerate and throw up imaginary assumptions of 145 based on what darkpatator said, but when it comes to WD and DH you only believe it if it’s on LB.

Totally dishonest.

16 Likes

So what do you think would be the top GR clear if the PTR went live as is for barbs in non-season?

1 Like

This guy… He asks for nerfs based on a clear that didn’t happen (145)? Then try to force his claim by twisting data here and there on his favour, then poses like this stoic math lover who cares about the balance of the game.

Man, GTFO!!!

10 Likes

It would be the highest GR someone finishes in less than 15min.

Stop derailling the thread!!!

5 Likes