First TCP/IP than No Ultra Wide, No Gem & Runes Stacking

What’s next?!

Is offline mode gonna share the fate of TCP/IP too, so you turn D2R into second D3 where everyone will have to play Your Way or go back to D2 LoD and forget about any modding at all even in Single Player (as it will be gone or made like in D3)?!

Personal Loot won’t probably make it to the game either, cause “poor” botters, maphack users or pick up items programs melee players couldn’t grab their items that way or wouldn’t have to do 1000s of Andy, Meph, Countess, Hellsmith, Diablo or Baal runs for their loot that they can store on their mules or even other game copies, cause allowing Gems and Runes to stack will ruin the game as the “purists” say or it’s rocket science hard to add to the game… :man_facepalming:

Won’t even mention that some skills look worse than in D2 LoD and most chars models look like they aged 20 years…

It’s amazing that “some people” are perfectly fine with removing TCP/IP and Open Battle Net (core feature of D2 LoD) thus limiting Modding which was promised, but if anyone dares to mention Personal Loot even as an option, Charm inventory or stacking Gems and Runes QoL change, they go full balistic and loose their minds…

I guess some people like to play as devs tell them too which is what D2R is heading towards to…

8 Likes

wow another 1 that can not read, go post this in the D2R or D2 forums where the dev’s will see it.

1 Like

I doubt they’re going to give him any consideration being that his posts are almost entirely concern trolling. That isn’t the kind of feedback they find useful.

3 Likes

It seems like that neither feedback they find useful.

2 Likes

Stacking gems woukd be totally fine with me.
So a big yes please from me.
Optionally or otherwise. Like auto gold pickup.

As for removing tcp/ip, I am curious about what exactly those security risks are.

As for removing, disabling, limiting modding, I really do NOT care. Best to remove that hacking crap.

As for online online only, they promised not to and should keep their promise. More the principle of a promise than the function itself.

I used to play D2 online only, bnet. It was my preference.

D3 works just fine for me being online only.
Given the choice, I most likely won’t play it offline…

I also like eveything is automatically and instantly saved. I really don’t miss hitting the save button all the time as so many games (used to) require.

Was gem/rune stacking ever in?

Not that I know of.
They even said it would not…
It would be nice though.

No but the inventory size is massive plus we get 3 shared tabs now. Its not a big issue but the stacking would’ve been nice. Either way you can always cube the runes/gems up a level or craft using the gems if you have too many. Oh and you can use them to change charms too.

Right, so I’m tryi into understand the OPs complaint since he’s upset over something they never said was going to happen.

Sure one can be disappointed with ultra widening removed but they clearly felt there was a competitive advantage for those playing in that aspect ratio. TCP/IP should have been expected since day 1 they said only Switch would have couch co-op. But faux outrage over something never mentioned is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Remember how old D2 is, there is probably a risk someone could gain admin access to your computer through tcp/ip unless they rebuild from scratch.

There wasn’t same security issues back when D2 released, because we didn’t have internet banking, digital ids, passwords stored locally and so on.

Man’s got a point. I want the results of the survey they sent out. I wish they publicized the results.

The security risks were the same, there were just fewer exploits and there was no better tech available. Unfortunately, due to the type of tech involved, the security risks have ballooned in the intervening years. Thankfully there is at least the glimmer of hope that a master → spawn client system could still happen. Just a glimmer, but it’s there. Hopefully Blizzard will find some magic combination of encryption, subnet /24 checks and potentially blockchain linkage between eligible master and spawn clients. That would allow at least same IP/subnet LAN functionality. It wouldn’t give over the internet connectivity, but LAN could still be possible.

TCP/IP is not couch co-op.

If there are security risks, totally fair… but then you replace TCP/IP with something more modern, with the same functionality (kinda the concept of a remaster). Plenty of other games have peer to peer play. Without everyone taking over each others computers every day.

2 Likes

No but, it was implied the only LAN or non Bnet MP was going to be on the Switch.

That wasn’t implied anywhere. They only said that consoles wouldn’t have splitscreen co-op (which would have been a new, added feature). Switch wont have that either.

Contrary, they were quite specific about tcp/ip being available.

By default online play is now hosted on dedicated servers rather than locally, but you can still host a game locally and make it findable through Battle.net. “You can even go back to TCP/IP connections if you want,” Fergusson said. “Because it was there in D2, we’re going to keep it there in D2R.”

https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-2-resurrected-release-date-alpha-changes/

2 Likes

I guess all these players in D2R forum are trolling too:

Just because you don’t care about D2R or D2 LoD doesn’t mean that people who loved to play that game and don’t agree with devs decissions need to.

I guess the 20 milion players that quit WoW, Heathstone, Overwatch and Diablo combined, because they didn’t like or agree with Blizz decissions were trolling too, right?

When players see a game developer that constantly ignores their suggestions even if a lot of players (who actually play the game) agrees with those suggestions, than no wonder that they get agree if being “polite” doesn’t work and devs just don’t care.

My comment referred to you, not them. Most others don’t have a penchant for concern trolling.

Since this was never added, not sure why you think they are taking it away. I get the LAN option and honestly don’t give two farts about UW, not everyone has money to buy them so a small percentage doesn’t get to rule over the rest of us in my opinion.

Don’t care about that anyway, as I never intend to group play with pubs. Hated it then, would hate it now. So won’t affect me in the slightest. Grouping with friends and sharing items is another level and it still won’t affect me.

That’s because they think they are losing the identity of what makes D2, D2.

Then you have people asking for QoL changes that don’t need to be in the game, as you can find them on D3 now.

All they wanted to do was give the game a fresh coat of paint. And in a sense, literally. Too bad they forgot to remove the asbestos and lead from it first. lol

I suspect that while it has made me enjoy playing it for a few days, I don’t think it has any longevity for me. I got burnt out bad on D2 in the past. So bad that I couldn’t even bring myself to play it anymore for years. This facepaint has got more time out of me playing it than D2 has in the past 10 years.

Don’t get me wrong. Its a nice upgrade, the graphic and audio changes are phenomenal. But at the end of the day, its still the same game that I was burnt out on playing.

Funny how D3 has never burnt me out like D2 did. I can pop in and play D3 whenever I feel like it, not worry about the time spent between sessions, play as long or as little as I like.

D2 always felt like I had to get to certain points before I could stop, you were committed to playing for a length of time, etc. I never liked that about D2.

Anyway.

It is what it is. A redo. A face lift. A make over. Its lipstick on a pig. It brings back a lot of good memories, but eventually the bad ones will take over. lol

1 Like

Just wait until they find out controller players on PC can use 6 abilities, 12 with a toggle without the cumbersome nature of swapping skills on the original or kb/m for D2R.

No to stacking of any kind. D2 is hard-core, it doesn’t hold your hand and make this easy for you, adapt or suffer. Inventory/stash are finite resources in the world of Sanctuary, you need to constantly make choice what you can hold in your inventory/stash.

The thrill of making these choices is what makes the game great, along with FFA loot etc.