Embrace Your Inner Goblin!

Hello everyone,

For the rest of Season 20, all Treasure Goblin spawns will be doubled. This means that each time you encounter a Treasure Goblin in the wild, they’ll be accompanied by an exact duplicate of themselves for two times the loot, chaos, and fun!

There are a few important details to keep in mind with this effect:

• This does not affect goblins encountered via Bandit Shrines, Goblin “Rift” packs, or in the Realm of Greed.
  • Duplicate Whimsydale portals created by the Rainbow Goblin will enter the same instance of Whimsydale.
  • The Insufferable Miscreant is not affected by this buff; this is intended.

Need a refresher on the various types of Treasure Goblins and what they do? Be sure to check out our Game Guide for more information. We’ll otherwise see you in Sanctuary!

68 Likes

Dammit, and I’ve already deleted my seasonal characters. Does this affect non seasonal as well?

4 Likes

I thought I was going crazy, but I got double gobs twice in a row in the last 30 minutes and I was like “this can’t be a coincidence”.

However, how about you fix your servers first so we can stay logged in long enough to enjoy it? That ain’t too much to ask, is it??

7 Likes

Come on, Season 20 is dead…make it Double Goblins, Double Bounties, Triuane Rings, RoRG and LoN buffs all active for giggles.

No welcome Cydra to your first post as our new CM?

7 Likes

Or re-enable Pandemonium…there’s a thought!

6 Likes

thank you very much for the double goblin buff

12 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. A quick question:

1. Do you have a sense if season 20 will be extended or if the PTR will be delayed due to COVID-19?
4 Likes

YES!!! Thank you!

Please tell the D3 team thank you from all of us. We had a whole big thread about it going for a while and this was a buff that was on the short list of requested options.

Another is double bounty rewards (hint hint if the D3 team does another buff later).

28 Likes

Cydra is a CM for other Blizz games. They are filling in for right now so it may not be appropriate to do a welcome post for a temp position. If it becomes permanent then I am sure they will!

6 Likes

Yes. This was nice. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Sure…but perhaps nice to advise to the community that very fact?

As I’ve no idea who that person is and they have 0 posts so assume it is a new CM.

A post advising of temp CM’s whilst they replace Nev properly? Little things like this communication really is not hard to do.

2 Likes

Thanks for the buff! Now I can go burn all 20 puzzle rings I have saved this season and hope for my dream vault with 6 blue gobs instead of 3. If my video card isn’t melting, I am not having fun.

1 Like

This buff does not affect the Realm of Greed.

2 Likes

I did read it, then totally glossed over it in my excitement. My bad. Guess no dream vault for me.

Well, I would have liked this to apply to non-season and legacy puzzle rings.

lame buff which doesnt make d3 more appaeling imo

6 Likes

Cydra has no posts because he (she?) has not posted to this forum before. And it shouldn’t matter if it’s a fill-in or newbie. Blue is blue. Treat them the same and there is no issue.

This is because the Realm of Greed has set goblin spawns, not random ones found elsewhere in the game (just putting this out there for those that read the quoted post and wonder why this is the case).

Regarding the buff itself, now I’m kinda angry. I just finished getting my first seasonal character to 70. It would have been immensely more useful during leveling. I mean, I guess better late than never? At least it’ll help the Sage’s set build up a few more DBs for me I suppose. And I can use it in HC for when I make a second character for the conquests I need for Guardian. It just feels ugh getting it at some random point in the season, without even an announcement that it was going to happen. I’d have waited to start my season after the buff went live if I’d known in advance. :frowning:

lol, a change during a season. What happen to this company. Never saw people like blizz where never said the truth. I did’t play season becasue of the crap season theme and now you changing things during the season because no people like to play ?

3 Likes

Actually this is post #2 from Cydra.