Echoing fury/Pig sticker on Invoker

too bad something like johanna’s argument wouldn’t work. Imagine a blessed hammer invoker :wink:

Just made a GR110 (#52 on EU lb) at 1950 paragon with EF cubed and doombringer wielded. I had the frenzy buff up for most of the rift, not during the bossfight but that was okay since bosses die rather quick on invoker.

Why wouldn’t Hack be the Invoker weapon of choice?

there’s a recent talk about that here
Just got a Primal Hack - Barbarian - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

That’s me, I got the primal. Just surprised Hack doesn’t hit the spot for Invoker considering it’d be double dipping Thorns vs faster knife swinging with PS.

I am too. There is a lot of thornes gear that doesn’t really fit together very well.

1 Like

Hack is not an Invoker weapon of choice, because it is programmed badly. Its 100% thorns damage does not multiply correctly with any bonuses. It is absolute garbage as it stands.

What does “hack” actually do, I’ve tried it in so many variations and builds but I can’t get a grasp of what or if It actually does anything. I interpret it as follows “100 of your thorns is applied on every attack” = I can take whatever skill I want and apply my thorns that way ??

That’s how it worked in LoN Frenzy, essentially swapping weap dam for thorns.

What it should have done all along was replace weapon damage with some reasonable % of thorns in all damage calculations.

But looking at thorns items, it seems like the devs never quite figured out their vision for the mechanic.

Looks like people use EF in cube over Furnace atleast in EU, top clear right now is at 140, and I cleared GR123 with EF. Once you clear some trashmobs the DPS goes through the roof on elites

Is the slash variant as fun as I’m hoping it will be?

Well, it’s way, way more effective at taking out trashmobs now because your thorns is being applied to all mobs hit, and Slash + Omnislash means you’re hitting everything around you. I ran a GR120 last night just after the patch and did it in about 4 minutes. As the leaderboards were offline I didn’t push it any further. Essentially, you can still elite-hunt but you’ll melt the trash around them too now.

2 Likes

This weekend is gonna be lit. Thank you

I just downed GR141 in 12:06 with Echoing Fury. My previous clear was GR140 with Furnace around 14:00. They are really close, EF has an advantage due to quicker stricken stacking – so it’s the extra attack speed in density plus a higher rate of stricken application, which must net more damage than 50% to elites.

1 Like

Hmm. I can see with the right conditions (lots of critters to kill) how EF could do really well.

Yes, it must be dense throughout. The elites also can’t be the type to stray. Illusionist soak up the stricken stacks, but keep the Frenzy stacks at 5… it is hard to tell if it is a good affix. There is still much to learn.

1 Like

Could you slot Blood-brother into the cube for more block chance? It could get you to 90+% block chance with other items.

–=[ Self-Edit ]=–

Removed, because I didn’t read something properly.

1 Like

Blood-brother is the sword but yeah?

Just thinking it would lose EF but you’d be tanky for learning the build maybe?

Hi!

I was not familliar with the former Invoker and I have just started playing the new one (I’ve made a gr130 in 10’10 at paragon 3700ish) and I have 3 questions.

1. I have seen a few very high parangon players in the ns leaderboard using Doombringer (Physical skills deal up to 20% more damage) or Sunkeeper (Increases damage against elites by up to 30.0%) instead of Pig Sticker. Can these two items be better alternatives than the PS? (maybe only if you are very high parangon?)

2. On the Pig Sticker, are the Secondaries (+Damage to Beast and Humans) an important thing? (mine has 27% and 17%…)

3. Finally, still about the Pig Sticker, is Vitality better that Increased damage against Elites?

Thanks for your insights!