Echoing fury/Pig sticker on Invoker

That’s a case where you’d import your hero into d3planner and see which gives you a better result. The Pig Sticker always gives you better attack speed (so you can apply thorns more often) and has lots of affixes, and that’s versus another 20% Physical on the Doombringer, or 30% vs elites on the Sunkeeper. Sunkeeper will depend on whether you’re still playing this as an elite-hunter, and trash just dies incidentally around the elites you’re killing. As for Doombringer’s 20% Physical, that might also depend on your bracers and amulet. For example, bracers are easy to get 20% Physical on, but amulets with elemental are rarer. If you went from just bracers to bracers and Doombringer, that’s 140% vs 120%, so that’s a 1.4/1.2 increase = 16.7% increase to damage. However, if you already had bracers and amulet, and add Doombringer, that’s a 1.6/1.4 increase = 14.3% increase to damage. So, the answer to this one is… “it depends”.

Some elites will be beasts / humans, but not enough of them that you’d worry about the value of these affixes.

Nope, for the simple reason that you can always increase your Vitality by allocating some paragon points to it, whereas you won’t get damage vs elites that way.

1 Like

Many thanks, Meteorblade! It’s always great to read such detailed answers!

I’ve had time to play Invoker some more.

I was playing with the setup they recommend on maxroll, and then tried The Furnace
instead of Echoing Fury in the cube, but that didn’t work for me…

But then I made it to gr 132 with Fanaticism instead of Finery.

And finally, I tried to go more agressive and I switched Hold Your Ground to Finery. I was surprised I was not dying that much and I missed gr133 by 20 seconds.

Also, still being a newbie at this build, I have some new questions:

• You don’t have to wait and strategize your moves that much when you get a Conduit, right? As you’re not clearing the trash that much, you just take it, right?
  • What rune do you guys prefer on the horse? I was using Endurance to get faster to the next elite, but maybe Draw and Quarter can help making better moves in some circumstance, especially when you get a Conduit idk…

Doombringer is okay when you don’t have a good Pigsticker. Sunkeeper is too hampered by its slow attack speed. Pigsticker is truly the best though.

The core stats are most important. AS/CDR next best is elite %, then Vit, LpH, RCR depending on your survival. Vit is usually interchangeable with strength via paragon.

At your paragon consider a weapon with ar least on of the defensive stats. The secondary affixes are nice and matter in ultimate pushes. They can bring you up 1GR.

Do a big trash hit before taking the condi. Don’t just grab it.

I don’t use horse. I use Punish. But if I played horse it would be Draw and Quarter.

2 Likes

Just on Pig Sticker… Stg does nothing for thorns, it just bumps up armor. Would it be better to be re-rolling Pig Stickers on and Int class and having the high Int stack All Res?

Also, can you roll off the damage range value for something else? I remember reading somewhere that the damage range stat does nothing for thorns.

Yes, you can. But, needs patience… because is pretty hard to not roll damage range.

1 Like

Wrong. Strength is a damage multiplier, and that includes Thorns. As an example…

My Invoker, with her current paragon / strength values…
https://d3.maxroll.gg/d3planner/748039941
Slash Damage

• DPS: 33,032,735,474,251
  • Damage: 9,643,567
  • Thorns Damage: 5,505,446,268,808

If I add in another 2500 paragon, all allocated to Strength…
https://d3.maxroll.gg/d3planner/976923498
Slash Damage

• DPS: 43,834,254,376,059
  • Damage: 12,796,959
  • Thorns Damage: 7,305,696,265,717
4 Likes

Cheers guys for the info. Back to being spikey.

:beers::beers::beers: