Just got a Primal Hack

I recall there was a LoN Frenzy Thorns build way back when, is that still a thing or is this a dud?

Even when that build was a thing, Hack wasn’t used in it.
Even Invoker Crusaders wouldn’t touch it.
It has “15 forgotten souls” writ large on it.
Sorry.

1 Like

It’d be fun to give to an alt for leveling them.

I use one on my lod thornes sader but its more for speeds. That & the act1 bracers will clear gr120 just walking letting mobs hit you. But its not the ideal choice. I just slapped all the primals i found on him for fun. They don’t all match lol.

1 Like

Pretty sure Hack was indeed used for Frenzy thorns. Hack in one hand and Oathkeeper in the other.

But, that build is a thing of the past. Much worse than standard Frenzy.

1 Like

I had a LoN Frenzy Barb for a season.
I certainly didn’t use Hack with it.

The gameplay of LoN Frenzy is based on Hack. I don’t understand how you play this build without this weapon.

1 Like

Yeah!

Did… you do any damage?

I think maybe you’re thinking of regular, non-thorns Frenzy using LON or LOD (which is basically just a worse version of H90 Frenzy).

Frenzy Thorns does its damage with… thorns. The only two bits of gear in this game that make you do thorns damage by hitting things are Hack and the Invoker set. Invoker is obviously out, so how, other than using Hack, would a Frenzy Thorns Barb do any damage?

Here’s somebody using the build (including Hack), back in 2016, to get rank 3…

maybe they meant hack in the cube instead of hack in hand?

Can’t do that either, or at least it’s a bad way to do it. To make the most of that build, you need the powers of Bastion’s, Hack, and Oathkeeper. And the only way to do that is to carry Hack and Oathkeeper.

Lol wut

Hack was integral to the old Frenzy Thorns build.

1 Like

sadly 100% of ur thorns dmg is crap, not even 1000% will still crap

In any case, LoN Frenzy Thorns is outdated. Horde of the Ninety Savages set has replaced it and doesn’t use Hack.

Actually, once 2.7.3 goes live, you might well be better off playing Weapon Throw Thorns! You can hit a 5 or 6 frame breakpoint without a huge amount of trouble.

1 Like

OMG, D…H is gonna be so happy if this works…

1 Like

I mean, it’ll still be crappy… like Frenzy Thorns, though maybe a little bit better. Regular, non-Thorns WT will definitely be stronger.

Thorns WT could be fun to try though!

1 Like

Could be a super fun t16 build for keys