⭐ DIABLO IV - Feedback Collection Thread

@SuperduperJW - Both Videos have been added. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

good video from Wolfcryer 110% agree , also Seven is on spot about itemization , so many great review , and still ear anything from d4 team :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve mentioned this several times but the biggest problems that plague D3 are:

1. The multiplayer system (really, someone has to be on the same difficulty and quest to find a game?? Pretty much only single player)
  2. Itemization is bad (which is also a function of the skill system, both need to be looked at). I could elaborate on this but I don’t think it’s necessary as it’s been done MANY times (there are no exciting items to find, no good legendaries, items are boring, where’s the variety of certain items that are valuable? i.e. socketables, charms, runes, magic items, etc.

Basically, make a followup to DIABLO 2 cause Diablo 3 was more akin to Gauntlet Legends. Basically, I thought D3 kind of sucked if you expected more than a casual game from it. Actually It Lurks Below is made by Mr. Diablo and it is funnily enough as good as D3 with probably a twentieth of the resources. Diablo 3 had a big budget and put it all into polish and looks while failing miserably at most other things.

Can you imagine the Blizz Execs when devising their Diablo plan??? Hahaha. Put that nerd in as the game manager, he’ll do a good job? LOL. Hire more art directors, we’re giving you a staff of 200 people. Ok, hire more artists and graphic designers, more story tellers. All gameplay decisions will be made by our game designer who never played D2 LoD, I think the guy know how to develop WoW expansions or something? He knows what he’s doing. Also, spend a generous amount of time coding a real money auction house please; this part needs to work.

Also, be sure that the team has a limited amount of D2 players on it. Furthermore, do not use their feedback for game design. I mean our lead game designer knows what’s best, I mean we hired him cause he’s really talented! Did you see that WoW expansion??? Just do what he wants to do and get your paycheck. It was awful that players used to teleport and do Baal runs together, I mean this is not a fun part of Diablo that players enjoyed. Immediately make those features about impossible. Nobody should be playing D3 together unless they are walking through the game together starting on the exact same quest and difficulty, put in at least a dozen difficulties and modes so players can only play the game with friends they’ve made. If they don’t have any friends we will keep them in solitude.

Guys, it’s been months. How is D3 coming? It’s a bit rough but it’s ok. Oh really, well then let’s release it. -Servers proceed to be down for days, typical of all Blizzard launches. Players rage at the game servers. Players quickly discover after a few weeks that the game is actually shallow and mediocre so they join me on the forum to rage.

So many resources that were top notch but the game fell on it’s face because the game design was so bad. Pretty much everything in D2 is better than D3 except for some parts of combat are very well done in D3, the mercs are better in D3, and D3 is shinier. Yes, seriously. lvl 99, skill trees, stat points, itemization, end game; these were loads better. Nobody gives an eff about your snippy skill runes and 6 skill cap, lvl 60 getting to max level easily. DIABLO 3 IS EFFING SCARY CAUSE THEY BUTCHERED THE GAME. I didn’t build a D3 hero, I chose a couple viable skills that synergize for my hero. Everything else is boring. Every hero has access to the same skills instantly, everybody’s gear is the same, nobody is playing together, the gear is all the same, there is no trade market, nothing is THAT exciting to find in the game because there’s no market or multiplayer, upgrades are the same but a few more stat points. BORING BORING BORING BORING

I’m supposed to replay Diablo 3? Why? I reached max level and there isn’t a trade market or any valuable items. I should keep playing for a paragon level and the same piece of gear I already have but with slightly higher stats??? LOL. D2 had uber trist/anni hunting, Baal runs, PvP, trading, and item hunting as the end game . D3 doesn’t have item hunting, leveling, pvp, or trading. I’ll give em the uber trist thing cause they have those rifts that you unlock and collect ingredients, they tried on that one. The systems are here again limiting the game in this example.

2 Likes

Because we’re supposed to believe it gets better and isn’t just a Diablo name thrown over a simplistic action arcade pile of steaming dung. Farm farm farm because there’s literally nothing else to do. Why do you farm? TO FARM HIGHER NUMBER!

4 Likes

There you go bro !

2 Likes

Well, the multiplayer system was fine back in 2014 where there a lot more players and less than half of the difficulties, plus no GRs…

thank for the link . very appreciated :+1:

I posted this somewhere else but I found this thread so I wanted to post it here as well…

since diablo 4 is a long ways away I thought it would be good to ask for a few things for the community that I’d love to see like ENB compatibility an invisibility spell! and some more pvp elements that diablo 3 missed out on. since it’s open world some unique pvp rewards would keep players interested in our own little eternal conflict all over sanctuary for days at end I honestly can’t wait to see what you guys do with the game though it looks great so far from what I’ve seen but I feel it could be a little darker to capture that horror aspect that the game deserves for sure! food for thought. hopefully some of the community sees this and adds in some ideas for you guys I know I can go on for days about this subject.

EDIT: Some bosses with mechanics would be cool too, not saying go the whole tank and healer kind of route even though that would be interesting too but with support builds already that doesn’t seem likely but I suggest making the boss fights a challenge instead of the regular hack and smash that diablo 3 feels like once you’re in max level builds. nothing too crazy but a challenge none the less! thinking about diablo 2, seeing some monsters with resistances as well would bring back to the game some of the harder aspects of builds that shine in certain areas of the game and are almost needed to make it through the encounter otherwise you should run away or you will die. flavor for hardcore I think. or maybe just a little easter egg for those Invisible Charged Bolts of Doom! Monsters with buffs absorbs and/or heals would be nice to have scattered amongst the crowds too, to make it that much more eventful haha I hope that you take in some of the ideas here as it could really help you guys out with developing diablo 4!

1 Like

If you’re going to base your game off a 6 button console port format at least add modifier keys in to switch spell pages so wen can play something other than a crappy diablo 3 xbox port…

PS… this is not a pc game once again… thank’s for wasting all our time.

1 Like

That was well done with the visual examples.

They just made a post that they’ve heard the reviews and are discussing them.

Or “Diablo IV - Campaign to recreate Jay Wilson’s Diablo 3” thread.

Wrong. Diablo devs asked for feedback and he is giving his feedback. If they will listen or not, is up to the diablo dev team.

Diablo always sold well. Diablo 1, despite being extremely more expensive than other 90s games on GOG, is the top seller on RPG category. Diablo 3 had good initial sales, but RoS sold poorly and the second expansion got canceled.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought so too! His reasoning is exactly why I believe Diablo 2 stays alive for so long! It’s raw.

1 Like

I don’t know how many times I tried to make a Build that used RimeHeart, just because of its hugh random damage but it never played well, like you said even in my Clan after a week or so we are all saying how bored we have become, so then i may try to get a HC char going but inside a week of that most times I had moved on to something else. That’s why I feel that power creep kills games.

2 Likes

Not re adding the YouTube link from about post 92-93.

Something I really liked is at 12:45 you said maybe what we should be calling it. LATE Game and not END Game it is a small thing and you may have even miss stated it but I think it works better, the Game should not just end, you keep looking for things to do later.

1: Change Legendary’s to Unique’s. Epic’s should be called Ethereal and just a better version of the same base item. Small changes like this will win back so much faith from the Diablo community.

2: Remove durability from all items in the game.

3: Make some of Uniques/Sets of all levels have benefits/abilitys that make them useful no matter the character level. Examples, SOJ gave +1 to all skills @level 29,Chance guards gave up to 40% magic find @level 15. People used them late game even tho it was a low level item. This kind of item design will add to build diversity.

4: Never do something like “Primal items”. Guaranteed perfect rolled items ruins the game very quickly and ruin a games economy.

5: Magic find, make it a randomly rolled stat on Rares/Magic but very worth while for extra drops. If you use Magic find it is a Stat/Damage/Defense compromise.

6: Rare items must have end game potential. This is extremely important, So that items are worth picking up and getting excited for.

7: Random loot, not personalized drops for your character.

8: Private loot and group drops together, first come first serve for group items. Magic find from all in combat with the monster at death effect all group drops.

9: Change leveling system to 1-99. Do not use a paragon system, set a goal of 99 or 100 that is extremely hard to reach but not impossible. Make max level requirement for gear in the 70/80/90 range depending on the item.

10: Do not change the max level with expansions. When you do this all items from the previous max level become irrelevant and lose all value. It makes players feel like the work they did before the expansion is worthless. Make expansions add build/item variety for character diversity.

11: Make gold valuable. Give us a reason late game to not give it away willingly. Example item gambling.

12: No trading limitations except Ethereal versions of items are trade-able once.

13: Sockets for items up-to 6 sockets.

14: Runewords must be more than 2 runes, I suggest a 6 max. Do not let Runewords be applied to Rare/Magic/Unique items.

15: Runes should be rare and powerful, Runewords power should scale with each Runes rarity.

16: Jewels and charms need to return. As well as their recipes in the Horadric Cube.

17: Ethereal items If found as a white item, are usable for runewords.

18: White items that already have a bonus like %Enhanced Defense/%Enhanced Damage/+ to a Skill or Skills should carry over to the Runeword used. Like if I find a 4 socket Ethereal sword with 10% Enhanced Damage. Then socket a Runeword that gives 50% Enhanced Damage, the outcome would be 60% Enhanced Damage as well as the benefit of Ethereal which adds to the base sword’s damage.

19: Horadric cube must return, recipes and all. Remove the Kanis cube, It was pure disappointment.

20: Skill tree points should reward synergy’s, So certain skills buff one another like Diablo II.

21: Increase complexity of Talent system, Use Talents to improve class diversity.

22: Put light radius back in the game, it allows monsters to disappear into darkness adding to the immersion.

23: Increase party size to more than 4. I would suggest 6-8 players.

24: Keep stats(Str,Int,Dex,Vit). Remove the simple Attack/Defense system, That feels like a over simplification of these mechanics.

25: Faster hit recovery %, Faster cast rate %, Damage reduce %, Defense vs missile, Crowd control %. These add to the complexity of combat, which makes Diablo II so great.

26: Add items that have negative aspects but can roll mods that normally don’t roll for that slot. Example circlets from Diablo II have little defense but can roll mods not found on helms(Movement speed %, Attack speed %, + Skills).

27: Remove as many cool-downs on skills as possible, They slow down the game and make a end game character feel weak and sluggish.

28: Remove “Secondary” item mods. Just roll all stats randomly with limitations of which items can roll certain Affix/Suffix. Adding to item diversity and making finding everything you need on gear difficult. This encourages item trading heavily.

29: Do not put All Resist % on most items. Make us find Poison, Fire, Cold, Lighting resist individually on items more often. Keep All Resist % in the game but make it rare and sought after.

30: Hardcore PVP - Permanent death, drop carried Gold/Inventory/Equipped items. Softcore PVP - Drop carried Gold. PVE death 10% xp loss/Gold drop.

31: Hostility button usable anywhere, Add a warning/countdown, Allow loot corpse for hardcore. If you kill someone on Hardcore you get their Items/Gold/Inventory.

32: Potions not on cool-down but replenished quantity with gold. Require no inventory space just stack on bar up-to 100. Add an item mod that replenishes x potions over x amount of time.

33: MTX for Banners/Portraits/Wings/Clan Stash/Clan halls only. Pets and unicorns/rainbows don’t belong in the dark world of sanctuary.

34: Cow level. Make it require a recipe again with the Horadric cube.

35: Make sure White/Magic/Rare/Unique and Ethereal versions of these items don’t rain from the sky off every Unique Monster/Elite/Champion.

36: Make combat hard and engaging, Don’t allow killing the whole screen in one shot. Allowing the combat to require thought and make the player feel accomplished when getting stronger, Because the difference is apparent and felt in combat.

37: Make random affix types effect the color of gear, Example life mod makes them red or all resist purple as in Diablo II.

38: Give each piece of gear 3 different visual appearances, So characters look unique more often.

39: Transmogrify could allow you to switch between the 3 visual types of each item. Allowing customization of character appearance.

I Absolutely feel like Diablo needs to get off the Road to Azeroth its been on since Diablo 3 and get back on the Highway to Hell where Sanctuary belongs!

3 Likes

less cartoon, more immersion:

There is no real point to just giving something another name.

Why? If you want an economy in the game then you need gold sinks, and repairs function as one. Makes you pay at least a small price for being silly and/or going in over your head, as well, without just offing your character like hardcore.

It does not add to build diversity to have low level items take up your slots. There is no real difference between that and what D3 did with max level items.

This is exactly what they should NOT do, as it just leads to players compiling a set of Magic Find and swapping it in and out. That’s not interesting or fun gameplay.

Nope, gimme my personalized items, thanks. Just make good systems where I can find a use for items I already have, like adding stats to the same item or crafting/questing systems where I get something useful out of it.

No, this is an absolutely terrible idea that leads to competition and sniping between group members instead of wanting players to work together. I don’t want rewards to be about who can move their mouse over the loot the fastest. It leads to players not wanting to contribute in fights and instead just wait around to click on the loot.

There is no point to making max level so difficult to reach. Just have an achievement that says “Congrats. You’ve played X hours.”

This happens without max level changes. Just look at D3 - Reaper hasn’t changed the maximum level and yet we’ve had items and builds and progress become completely irrelevant multiple times over the past several years.

I’m not saying they NEED to change max level, just that not doing it doesn’t stop what you’re afraid of.

And sometimes level changes are useful.

Didn’t you ask earlier for the removal of durability, which is one of the ways of doing this?

Hoping for more limitations than that.

This ain’t Path of Exile.

Kanai’s Cube was probably one of the best things that happened - just adding the ability to have those 3 extra affixes active did a hell of a lot for build diversity and effectiveness.

Were some aspects of it not so good? Sure, like Caldesaan’s… just more main stat. But I’d argue that’s more of the game’s failure to make use of other stats.

Nah, screw that. This idea of “immersion” is total nonsense. There’s no real reason for me not to be able to see effectively. We’re not playing a first person survival horror game here.

6 is ideal, I think.

Agreed… I’m hoping they change this or give us methods to add these and/or other statistics to gear so we can basically customize things to an extent.

Cooldowns are fine when done right, but even I think they’re going a little too far in what we’ve seen. Cooldowns should be for powerful situational abilities and/or a way to add cost to something that would otherwise be a little too strong. They should not be on everything. This is why we (should) have multiple resource systems.

I am fine with secondary mods. D3’s problem is that they pared down the stats with Reaper, so it didn’t feel like there was any item diversity.

Or perhaps a better system of categorization would be Offensive/Defensive/Utility. Offensive would be your main stat and things like crit, damage, attack speed, hit %, + skill levels, etc. Defensive would be vitality and things like extra health, resistances, dodge, armor, crit reduction, maybe passive health % activations, etc. Utility would be the resource reduction, gold find, magic find, cooldown reduction (if it exists), specialized cost reductions, movement speed, etc.

No hostile button, thanks. With the way they’re structuring things, you should just be able to log into a world where PvP is either active or not. As for the other PvP things, go nuts.

No exp/gold loss on regular death, thanks.

They should be very careful with allowing potions to be used that way to prevent spamming them as a means of overcoming challenges.

This kind of goes against what you said earlier about the characters feeling slow and sluggish with CDs.

If you make it so that, at their most powerful, characters still need to 1v1 or slowly whittle away at groups, then your characters are always going to feel slow and sluggish in combat.

we’re talking about the DIABLO PC franchise;
-an unique niche in the game world, slowly gliding off from serious ‘devil vs heaven’ to an average action grinding market.

2 Likes