⭐ DIABLO IV - Feedback Collection Thread

Here is a new video from Wolfcryer:

1 Like

I want to agree with Llama, but of the stuff I’ve watched so far, it really seems like he just wants Diablo 2+.

I guess there’s nothing wrong with that, but in that case I’d just play Median XL or something. I think Noxious really nails all the really important stuff home, particularly in regards to itemization and that balance of character and item power.

The better option is keep Crit and Resistances as separate stats tbh

Maybe have a skil on class, say Sorc has a skill which says Gain 10% of your Int in resistances for 5 seconds, or Mana shield for ex. THAT WAY sure, can relate primary skill to resistances, BUT have that passively done it’s just a ticking time bomb

Even if, EVEN IF the numbers are low, just a matter of time they grow as game expands/adds-up new content though

OR even better, that might be a stat on certain items like gain x% of resist from your main stat for ex., something like this:

All resist: 10
Fire resist: 15% of primary stat (Int for Sorc, Str for Barb, both :stuck_out_tongue: for Druid), and so on

Another item might be something like, gain 4% of your vitality as all resistances in addition to your current res.

BUT, have those things not related by default, cause otherwise would really dumb down the game

1 Like

Why do we even need resistances, instead of a legendary that reduces a type of elemental damage, IE ravenfrost? That way it’s a meaningful trade off.

Alkaizer gives a lot of good feedback here even though it’s a reaction video. Alkaizer reacts to MrLlama DIABLO 4 ENDGAME ideas - YouTube

1 Like

Have you seen this video? This video is very good

4 Likes

@Viking - Wolfcryer Video added! :slight_smile:

As for the Path of Exile GGG presentation:

I won’t be adding the speech by Chris Wilson to the list because it is a Path of Exile presentation and I don’t want to upset the handful of Die-Hard D3 Fans. I definitely think the presentation is SPOT ON in terms of ARPG Pillars, but the overall presentation has nothing to do with the Diablo Franchise directly. Beside that, I am sure the people in charge of D4 have seen that video at least once anyways :wink: (and if they haven’t then that would be really bad, as you should always seek to know your competitor inside-out).

6 Likes

We can hope, at least.

1 Like

It’s more of a management video rather than a design video, still quite the good insight :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TOPCommander

plz add the reddit thread as well, at least as a reference or under a category like “Further References”

It also is a large collection and it can supplement this thread very well.

It sadly is no longer pinned on the top of the Diablo subreddit anymore since today, so it would be nice if it could get a reference here.

Thank you!

The biggest thing I want is the ability to choose a side in the eternal war. We always get shoved in with the angles but plenty of npcs get to go demonic. Let us too!

This is by far one of the most important D4 threads on the forum right now.

Here’s another on:

2 Likes

Please make the inventory screen with your character smaller. And resolve some of the messy ui im sure its being worked on but thought i would mention it. Make legendaries unique again. Games dont feel legendary when the same drops fall a thousand times from the sky.

3 Likes

I don’t see why they should casualise the game to make more revenue.
It’s quite the contrary, making the game addictive wants people to talk about it, to buy extensions, by-products, and MTX (even though I hate them).

I’m not sure every child and grandpa would want to buy the game again if it’s again so simple. And anyway. The game can be easy to grasp for the first 1 to 2 hours. Then slowly implement depth.

3 Likes

Please don’t bring the necromancer in on an expansion… This is a core character to the sword and sorcery genre you are emulating and is a play style of their own. I must ask you that you make them apart of the initial release instead of holding out. This is a reason why D2 is eternal and that you are trying to recapture the same glory. D3 didn’t have a necromancer and it was a BIG mistake until they corrected it years later. Don’t be daft.

Just the nature of d3 requires power creep. Your primary option for endgame play (arguably only option) is attempting to max out your gear and reach the highest GR possible. There are infinite GR levels and infinite paragon on top of that.

As long as you have GR as your primary endgame with leaderboards, this type of game will require balancing. One build will always exceed the others and people will tire of it and want buffs to another build. So they constantly have to make adjustments to other builds. People throw a fit with nerfs so they stopped nerfing.
The more buffs they make on items, the faster the leveling process becomes. The faster blue and yellow items are meaningless (now useless hordes of materials). The more gold you can farm (becomes useless and meaningless). You can play at a higher torment or GR and have more legendaries “raining from the sky”.

Someone might say “Play what build you want and don’t worry about the strongest builds or GR leaderboards”. Maybe if you don’t mind playing T6 solo… You may not even make T13 or T16 (wherever the other players are at) and you sure as hell aren’t getting invited into many GR groups. So essentially you get a big group of casuals, like myself, who play the first 2-4 weeks of the season and quit because they have no interest in leaderboards and find grinding paragon meaningless.

1 Like

there is a game director letter about feedback from luis barriga…

A fun idea for ultra rare, special godly items. I think it would be super fun if some super rare, godly items could be leveled up when using them. Example: I have a sword equipped. The more I kill with this sword, the stronger it gets based on damage or speed wise. This item could also have a cosmetic change at greater level. People would be more inclined to keep certain items and use them in combat if the items could grow stronger, up to a certain limit. Only few godly Items with their own leveling capability. What do you guys think of this crazy idea. I know I would love it.

Also Ninja as a new class please, instead of monk. Ninjas are so cool and go great with demons.

Thank you for reading.

2 Likes

You say it godly, I thought custom, but yes, also though of an idea where you can buy one of these and with a (relatively higher) amount of gold you’d go into a gauntlet/arena (or specific “upgrade your might” dungeon) where various enchants would fall from monsters

You can equip those at the end of the run to create something of your own. Think of something like “Countess run” but you pay at the entrance and go in fight… The more rounds played, the better the enchant pieces drop

The problem I ? looks like the feature would only fitting for weapons (and maybe offhand, i.e. no armor, no pants, no ring, no amulet & so on)

1 Like