What do you think is the release date for the game?

Redit is actively debating what date the game will be released … hints at June 27 in honor of the anniversary of Diablo 2: LoD

I really hope that the game will be released as soon as possible, but I also hope that it will be made with high quality, like the same Starcraft remastered

Alpha 1: August
Alpha 2: October
Release: just in time to rake it in the holidays and start a new d2 season

1 Like

Ah yes, reddit - the folks who always have the most accurate info!

If I had to take a stab in the dark I want it to release on the same day Diablo 2 did. June 29th.

Also that is my Bday. <-- Most important reason.

Reality? I don’t know. I was expecting Diablo Immortal to be out already, or early this year. D2R later in the year. However, it might be the other way around and we get D2R sooner - mid year or fall.

1 Like

December 31st in honor of the original release of diablo 1

2 Likes

November. In time to get hype going even more and have it available for purchase/play as Christmas gifts (to be given to others or to yourself).

yes the game will release

1 Like

This will be the perfect date for release. I also hope alpha will start soon enough. Even if I will not get access to it - it will be nice just to have more D2R content. Some videos, screenshots…

1 Like

I agree. June 29th! I had a thread about this as well! :slight_smile:
Me, too! My birthday is in June so that would be an awesome birthday present!
Another June birthday guy: What did you get for your birthday? “Oh, just a $25 Gamestop gift card!”
Me: What did you get for your birthday? “Diablo II: Resurrected, baby!”

Also, as I said in another thread:
If you think about it with this being a remastered with a toggle for old and new graphics, a couple of minor QoL, updated UI, and enhanced Battle.net 2.0 security then the game is almost ready. This is not a remake with a bunch of content, and other high end coding. It’s pretty much same D2 with a new look. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Alpha tests, and any other tests be completed before end of summer, and the game releasing in June! :slight_smile:

Two alpha tests first.

PCGamesn

“We’re going to start with a single-player technical alpha, and then we’ll have a second technical alpha after that, which is kind of multiplayer and stress testing,” lead producer Chris Lena tells us in an interview. Both those tests will, of course, take place before the Diablo 2: Resurrected release date later this year. “But,” Lena adds, “that’s all we have for specifics.”

Since Blizzard doesn’t have any heavy hitters coming out for 2021’s holiday season as far as I know (last year was Shadowlands for example), I assume D2R will take this spot. The timeline seems right as well. So probably November to early December 2021. There is still a lot of work for the devs to do, including the two announced technical alpha tests, so if it was released much earlier, I’d be very surprised and maybe a bit concerned.

That said, I would not be surprised if the game was delayed to Q1 or Q2 2022. With the pandemic, and other complications that can happen with development, we should prepare ourselves for a delay. They sound committed to getting D2R right, and that means not releasing it until it is ready.

My thinking was June 29th almost immediately, yes they have alpha’s to perform, but it’s not like everything is a new game, it is a remaster, so alpha’s are less exhausting as a new IP alpha would be. The 20th anniversary would make more sense for D2R as it is a D2 celebration, they spent most of their videos celebrating that, and not the 25th anniversary of Diablo. They could release it on that date as an honour to the franchise but that is literally the last day of the year. In my humble opinion they have a softish hard target for D2’s anniversary, whether or not everything works out that way is different, and just guessing out of hope.

My own thinking upon looking at previous Diablo release dates, I would assume it’s going to release around mid-late June, Or late July, if not then, then most likely Nov/Dec area.

Tech Alpha with in 60 days, multiplayer test within 4 months, release within 6 months.

The devs said they go home and play it at night on their big screen TVs (console.) It is super close to release.

This can also be more or less a bug testing phase, but an enjoyable one at the same time for them.

Look under the install button in your battle.net app for the release date.

That’s more of a placeholder date, a few games they have done will have end of year dates until they finalize one, I still think D2 anniversary is the only way to go.

Seems like they are happy with how the console version works. They seem to be more worried about the community being upset about the game losing some things ‘true’ to the original.

So if that’s the case it will mostly be art and design asset changes, maybe a couple balance and bug fixes. Should only take them 3-4 months to release.

as many have said id also like a june 29th release but i figure its going to be at least september or october at the earliest.