Diablo II: Resurrected Release Date

it would be really cool to have the game released at this date, but i think its a little too optimistic sadly, they will need a little more than two weeks after the beta to fix problems that will be found, and maybe doing some more polish and testing.

also they could have a lot left to work on beside just testing, i would not be so sure every act is completed yet. Can only hope you are more right than me!

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the release, but I prefer it to take the time it takes to be very polished. I don’t want to see a Cyberpunk 2077-style release. I already bought Diablo 2 because I believe it will be a major release.

9 Likes

i would not be mad for a december release if it is needed that time to complete the game, but sure wish they will get it properly done before that.

my personal guesses is around october, we have to consider when they will release immortal aswell if it comes this year.
i dont think they will release these two games in the same month atleast.

1 Like

September 2021.

We’ll get Alpha test in Spring and Online Stress Tests in Summer.

3 Likes

My prediction for W3R was so far off that I feel too ashamed to guess.

Closed Alpha - Very Soon, like in a couple months. More and more players will be invited each week.
Closed Beta - Summer
Open Beta - Fall
Release - December

4 Likes

I too hope for the opportunity to contribute to the Technical Alpha.

1 Like

Yeah, as much as I’m crazy hyped for this, I would rather avoid a rocky launch and they better be anticipating a crazy launch also and have the server capacity for week one players. None of that error 37 crap. If that is all smooth and polished, I can handle a December release if need be.

3 Likes

Let’s get the alpha testing done first before we speculate on the full release date. They need to get the alpha up and running so they can have something to tell the investors at the next earnings call.

1 Like

Great posts! I guess it could really depend on how long they have been working on D2: R already. They may have gathered up information about certain things that the community has suggested through the years of changing/upgrading/etc. and might be close to being done on their end. They might have even started on working on other things in the game that everyone has suggested here, and elsewhere that they seem fit. If that’s the case all they would need to do is a couple of tests(Alpha, Beta), and then maybe some feedback after that, and then release. I did just find this earlier: www. pcgamesn .com/diablo-2-resurrected/alpha-release-date (backspace the two spaces)

“We’re going to start with a single-player technical alpha, and then we’ll have a second technical alpha after that, which is kind of multiplayer and stress testing,” lead producer Chris Lena tells us in an interview. Both those tests will, of course, take place before the Diablo 2: Resurrected release date later this year. “But,” Lena adds, “that’s all we have for specifics.”

These alphas will, of course, start to shape the future of Resurrected. Lena says the door is open for things like balance changes to help keep the game vibrant for a modern community – if, indeed, players indicate that they actually want that to happen. Either way, that process starts with the alphas.

When he mentioned “later this year” it seems it might be a fall/winter release date.

Wouldn’t it have been nice had they just been like “oh and by the way, you can download the game and play right now!” at blizzcon? Why do companies always drag out releases?

1 Like

I think it would be awesome for a spring release yet it will most likely because of covid making everything happen later and later it will come out 2022 on december 31
just kidding it mostlikely will happen sometime this year.

1 Like

I totally understand, but with Blizzard they have always been about quality over quantity when it comes to the release of their games. The only downside so far has mainly been WC3: Reforged which I haven’t played, but everyone says it’s a flop. Also, over the past decade, and even two decades Blizzard has been through major changes with teams leaving the company, and new management. So, it’s not the old Blizz of the 90’s to early 2000’s that had that staple of delay, or extend release dates for a very polished game.

All we can hope is things can change

1 Like

For all we know, Technical Alpha is probably ready to go & they’re just getting the network ready before they send out the first wave of testers.

-pick me!

2 Likes

Posts like this make me too optimistic.

Let’s Goooooooo!!!

1 Like

Probably, or they could be implementing some of the communities ideas/suggestions before they send out the invites(character models faces, etc.) that don’t change gameplay much, but rather just a few tweaks before they have everyone test it out.

1 Like

I don’t think there will be any beta test after the alpha.

The technical alpha is only to see if they’ve made any major technical errors and to see if there’s any unexpected major response to the changes they’ve made.

There doesn’t need to be an extended test or beta because they’re not testing any balance changes or anything like that for release. The underlying game has already been tested for 20 years.

I think an anniversary release would make perfect sense. It’s not like a new title that they announce a year or more ahead of time. I expect most of the major work was finished before the Blizzcon announcement.

1 Like

I’m hoping it’s released on April 10th because that is my birthday haha and what better way to celebrate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree. It will probably just be the two Alpha tests they’ve announced(one for Single Player, and one for Multiplayer). After that, maybe just a few tweaks, and then the game should be ready. As I said in another post:
If you think about it with this being a remastered with a toggle for old and
new graphics, a couple of minor QoL, updated UI, and enhanced Battle.net 2.0
security then the game is almost ready. This is not a remake with a bunch of content, and other high end coding. It’s pretty much same D2 with a new look. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Alpha tests, and any other tests be completed before end of summer, and the game releasing in June! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We can hope. I want it on June 29th which is the original release date of Diablo 2.

And my Bday! :partying_face: :cake:

7 Likes