[D4] How important is PvP to you?

Ok, then zero interest to participate. Because it will happen.

Oh dear lord the drama on any sort of forum. Laughing already.

Only a slight interest personally.

I’d only dabble in the occasional duel or bored arena, one thing i DON’T want however is for PvP to affect PvE tuning and vice versa.

I wouldn’t mind a couple zones in the game that were EXTREMELY treasure rich & PvP enabled.

Same people who decided that Diablo is antithetical to PvP in perpetuity (did they really? or referred only to D3?) are those who thought RMAH was a fine idea. Calling for D3 to be used as a barometer is asking for another RMAH, what D3 was conceived upon. Most or all of D3’s improvements over D2 are technical to improve playability, and since these improvements are par-for-the-course we can do better than “D3 sans AH” like make something actually reminiscent of a CRPG.

The appeal of CRPG’s to those who don’t know is that they are among the most dynamic/interactive types of game to exist. Diablo added a twist by ultra-distilling everything entirely into combat. So something like fishing has less of a place than PvP.

What would Pokemon be without PvP?

Anyway, the statement was just a cover (ultimately at Diablo’s expense) to explain why PvP didn’t materialize. “It’s the game’s fault”. Nay, speak for D3 not all of the series.

And I doubt that whoever is paying mind to PvP isn’t counting the days until they can get back to doing PvE. For all we know, their heart is in PvP and that’s where they can do their best work.

#3, however, I may not be interested in it, doesn’t mean others will be and I don’t mind as long as I have the option to not partake. But with that said, and as others have said, as long as it doesn’t compromise the balance of the game because I want to feel powerful against the creatures and would hate for them to Shoehorn PvP in only to check a box because a small % of the player base wants it.

I never thought ARPG’s fit the mold for PvP, but it’s what it is at this point. Now we wait and see what transpires. I am rooting for balancing for PvE and let PvP lay where it is. But we shall see :wink:

1 Like

Pvp isn’t that important but it could at least be made interesting

Take the faction concept for example, Pvp could be implement as a complement, Tho not mandatory, to make the concept more flavourful

Not important at all.

2 Likes

I’m not interested in PvP.

It reminds me too much of war.

2 Likes

It reminds me of kindergarden. Beating eachother up because “fun” :blush:

3 Likes

Or even a playground.

2 Likes

It’s very important to me. Some of the most fun in D2, at least for me, was in barb vs barb hc loot duels and ironman matches.

1 Like

I never had the guts to do hc loot duels, so that’s impressive imo.

1 Like

Aww man that’s where serious :poop: went down.

2 Likes

It’s only fun for the guy that wins. The loser, not so much. I dare say, that would be very hard to compete in HC PVP if you lose. Having to gather PVP gear again.

1 Like

Mhm. It’s a high stakes fight to the death. It’s a winner takes all. There are communities dedicated to it. When you lose, you tweak your next build, strategy, and maybe win. How well did you incorporate your loot hunt into your pvp build? The fun part is realizing many of the items you might throw away because they don’t serve you well in the later game, end up being the best thing for that slot at level 30 or even 18 pvp. There is a lot of value in these lld items. I’ve traded a lot of items that took me a very long time to find for items that, at first glance seem like crap, but are the keys to winning vs specific characters in pvp.

There’s a deeper game there, especially now that people aren’t able to hack in d2r duels. Check out the crazy strategies and strange skill use on Coooley’s YT channel

1 Like

Don’t confuse the people who come to the forum with the population that plays the game. Forum users are usually the older crowd of the player base, but by no means anywhere near the majority of the player base.

3 Likes

I see some people on the forum who act like 12 year old’s, so how old are they?

Would this be the young whippersnappers who are on the cell phone all day?
This fact is the majority of Diablo players do not post on forums, regardless of the age.

2 Likes

I did not confused anything. I only pointed out, that the majority of PvPers are probably not useing this forum, they are probably playing PvP, or are on a PvP dedicated forum.

2 Likes

Always been told for years that D3 PvP is trash, which leads me to the conclusion that no one is doing it, thus no reason to post about it, and certainly no incentive to create an independent forum/discord/etc dedicated to it.

But more to forum populations in general, they’re always a minority, and with that, frequently a very vocal subset in the hardcore spectrum that goes to great lengths to let us know the game is meant for them and their often unreasonable needs. Sometimes you’ll get midcores like myself that’ll try to keep 'em straight, but it’s very rare to get them to care for the plights of the more casual players.

Personally, I disagree with the earlier sentiment that multiplayer makes everything better or that competition is required to make games last. However, this is a difficult mentality to shake the more things are forced online, social media gets integrated, and so on. Part of this is just people succumbing to PR spin and not having either the experience or imagination to consider otherwise. Something like making MMOs more solo friendly is a topic within this umbrella, and you’ll have people who would go to great lengths to tell you doing so would kill a given game, often ignorant of factors that keep players from engaging to begin with or jumping ship soon after. Pragmatically, MP and PvP should be viewed as options and not requirements, where a strong core game could survive with neither.

5 Likes

The whole game is about war

3 Likes