[D4] How important is PvP to you?

Oh my! Why so much anger? It’s only a game and people do have different opinions. Myself, I hate PVP. D2 ruined it for me, but I can still appreciate that others have a different opinion.

I don’t play any of those :wink:

Sadly, I’m talking about the IRL kind of war.

But you probably knew that :slight_smile:

In diablo types games I have 0 interest in pvp.

3 Likes

Come on down off your pedestal. Why demean people who enjoy pve over pvp? I love pvp but I’m also able to fully understand the reasons many people might not enjoy it. Some people play games to de-stress and pvp is probably one of the most stressful things you can do.

4 Likes

Oh that is not it for me. Pvp is lots of fun in other games I do. If they even have pve and pvp seperated from eachother so it wont be a balancing nightmare I might even do it in this one. But that is very unlikely.

#8 : hate PvP

There can be option to do PvP for players who like but i
dont want to be forced to

3 Likes

You’re not forced into anything.

Open world PvP zones in Diablo IV are known as Fields of Hatred, and they are marked on the map. There is no way for a hostile PvP player to force a PvE player into combat in the Fields of Hatred.

1 Like

why not 1 full pvp server hc

They already said that HC will have a cheat death scroll, so is it really HC?

first of all u need to kill heroic boss for that i think and there is % u get drop its not wht u go and buy it and second its anti lag feature too thrid so diablo 3 dont have HC ither with procs from sets and passives and on top of that D4 wont have passive save deaths at all i think so to get that item will be main goal of game at begin way to immortality

That would be nice.

One of many things they hopefully change course on.
Not because it is necessarily awful on its own to have such a scroll, but it lets them be lazy in their balancing and design. Should rather make sure that nothing deals absurd dmg.

Also, add proper DC/lag protection. In both HC and SC.

2 Likes

Not important for me. Not playing diablo games for the PvP, there are plenty other great games for that (revive HOTS plz, HGC 2022 announcement when??), and D4 PvP isn’t going to compare to the dedicated PvP games.

What little I’ve heard sounds like a good balance. Opportunity for ppl that want to PvP to PvP, but you’re not getting any rewards you can’t get through PvE, and hopefully they won’t pour too much effort into trying to balance PvP to the point that it damages PvE. As long as the PvP rewards doesn’t become the best way to collect important resources, so that min-maxing progression doesn’t require PvP, then I’m happy.

2 Likes

If I recall the only items that can purchased with the shreds will be cosmetics.

2 Likes

Cosmetics sounds great. Then it can even be unique to PvP for all that I care. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, PvP should not offer anything outside of cosmetics.

1 Like

3 Zero interest in the field of severed ears…

3 Likes

Zero, nada. Why even have pvp in game where the balance of it become so difficult.

2 Likes

What I like with PVP is the thrill but not before the team work, I have met most of my best online friends with PVP (enemies as well than allies), for me it’s mostly a way to have good time to celebrate a victory as well than learn from my mistakes.
If there’s something that appeals me with PVP shards that’s perfect, if not, that’s fine.