If D4 makes you choose a Side : Humanity, Heaven or Hell?

Since D4 announce I have this theory that D4 will make us choose our path. To help inarius, help Rathma or Help Lilith. Upon finishing storyline, you die and you reborn as a Demon, Angel or TrangOul revives you and endgame will be territorial war themed dungeons.

INB4 people freak out by the term MMO associated with Diablo4, please read

I really Hope Diablo4 is made into some kind of Cross-Breed between ARPG and MMo, should i say, stay a ARPG hack’n slash but borrow a MMO mechanic to empower its endgame Pretty sure that was the original plan for D3 by blizzard North

It could still be a full-on ARPG gameplay but with faction system for the endgame

Humanity VS Heaven VS Hell

storywise

Playing the storyline, you are face with choices that makes you choose between Lilith, Inarius or Rathma. Finishing the Storyline you are Reborn as an Angel or a Demon or get revived as nephalem(previously just a human) by Rathma. This would give good replayability to the storyline by having 3 paths, give cool looks to characters and create a justified neverending endgame

We have already seen convertions in the franchise, Izual an angel became a demon, Adria a human became a Demon, Tyrael an Angel became a human… pretty sure we will see Marius as a Demon is D4 too. And pretty sure that now that the gates of Heaven are closed and Imprerius is mad, they might perform tests to turn Nephalem into angels to garner their power

Gameplay use

Fight to gain control over towns and areas. The logic behind this could be like the existance of Harrogath. With Lilith’s uprising, world stone shard(giant ones) scattered all over Sanctuary are being the main target of Power Seekers. Fortresses are being built around them to protect them from falling into enemy camp

Having control of a WorldStone fortress could grant buffs to its faction members while doing quests in surrounding areas. Players could contribute to the fortress’s power by financing it with ressources, making the guarding monsters stronger, creating a natural ressource sink for the game. They could even defend it themself in special event

They already said they wanted to make it a Massive open world, this would take full benefit of it. There would obviously still be normal dungeon crawling, you could play the game without even caring about this mechanic. The only difference would be that Those fortress grant Shrine like buffs to allies on a certain radius on the map for when you farm and perform quests, its basically a Tug-o-war for faction buffs

Its still a traditional “Clear dungeons get loot” arpg, but its just a flavourful twist to it. It could also be a good pretext to have pvp ingame. The “Faction” system taken from MMOs is just there as a justification for the endgame repetitive grind, it turns the players into the “Eternal Conflict” mode

This theory is supported by Tyrael’s last speech in D3 “But within him beats a mortal heart, that will one day be tempted to corruption. On that day, will he have the strength to resist? Or will he be our doom?” Laying the groundwork for options

https://youtu.be/IBAKjviBElo?t=249

But the MAIN QUESTION I am really curious, on which side people would most likely tempted to side by, who will you side with?

3 Likes

Dub fx- jah ova evil.

Can you tell us where you live so we can call an ambulance for that stroke you are having while typing this

You(the character) were always the champion of mankind. And in D4 you will be fighting for the surviveal and freedom of Sanctuary and humanity again. So no faction wars for the love of Satan, pls.

If theres factions and pvp there will be wars, there will also be non war factions.

The huge problem with a faction system is that it forces PvP which I myself and many others do NOT want at all. Additionally, if your friends whom you want to play with happen to have taken a different path you won’t be able to enjoy the game with them. Diablo was always meant to be a treasure hunt and cooperative, not a pvp battleground.

The only way I could support this at all is if it were kept out of the storyline completely and made an entirely optional arena type side thing which none of us would be forced into.

Why can’t I obliterate them all and rule over the Emptiness alone?

4 Likes

The huge problem with a faction system is that it forces PvP

What are you talking about? Nothing forces you to pvp

You obviously didn’t read the suggested implementation

1 Like

No factions in the game by default, pls no. No. No. No. No. PvP is optional. Guild wars maybe, that’s also optional. But forseing players to choose a side and than haveing to kill each other ocasionl, because other factions can be attaked whenever… no thx.

The dumbness of people baffles me… why are you talking of pvp? Especially stating “forced pvp” when the suggestion don’t even talk about pvp

1 Like

You metiond territoryal wars. Which I guess you’ll have to fight other players, and that’s PvP basicly

1 Like

Almost everything about the suggestion focuses on forcing a PVP aspect upon the game and specifically the story, which for anyone wanting to enjoy it would be “forced” upon them.

1 Like

Read for Christ sake… I especially mention it’s a dungeon based faction war

It’s a territorial tug o war based on pvm

Lol I’m the one that made the suggestion and you dare to tell me that I don’t know what my suggestion is about?

Where do you see pvp mentionned in my suggestion ?

Oh yeah it’s not mentionned because it’s not about pvp…

I couldn’t force myself to read your wall of text. When I see wall of text I skip more than half of it :joy:

1 Like

Maybe you are the one who needs to “read” yer suggestion…

1 Like

As long as I can hang out with the lady barbs I do not care what faction I am with.

2 Likes

Nice… admitting you spew an erroneous opinion on a topic you didn’t even read and then say I’m wrong about something I wrote that you didn’t read… wow

1 Like

The idea of choosing good or evil always has its appeal.
I remember the game Might and Magic VII For Blood and Honor and there you had to choose a side in the course of the story, including UI coloring and different class choices.
That was a lot of fun and offered a high replayability value also because you had a different story and different locations from that point on and the character development was different as well.
And the depth in it was also very nice.
I still play the game from time to time because it’s cool.

But…

Knowing Blizz, I’m sure they’ll screw it up so badly that it won’t feel worthy, deep and with real soul.

Again, it’s just some half-baked and unentertaining, completely cheesy grind crap that looks like work instead of an exciting, deep story and flow.

Still, overall I’m always in favor of separation and restrictive RPG mechanics, simply because that’s a lot more exciting than doing everything the same way and serving a shallow comparison concept like in D3.
D3 is so demotivating, it’s scary how little energy I can muster to even do the campaign, let alone this hollow “end game”…

2 Likes

Ok before we get aggresive. I apologise. I didn’t mean to argue, but based on the first halve of your post I assumed. I shouldn’t have. Sorry realy. :heart:

5 Likes

I’m not against an alignment system, in fact I’ve even suggested it a couple times myself, albeit my suggestion was mostly pertaining to the campaign and some visual changes on character’s skills.

As for which side I’d choose, I’d either choose Hell or Humanity.

1 Like