D2R: Personal/Instanced Loot is a MUST for this game!

If you ever play a private server season like path of diablo there is a massive change in item value at the start, middle, and end of the season. And that’s just with normal shared drops. I can’t imagine what it would look like with potentially 8x loot games being run

If we’re talking about Diablo 4, then I’d say instanced/personal loot is the way to go. However, regarding Diablo 2 resurrected, I believe staying with shared loot should be the goal, and for the game to not make any major changes unless it’s necessary, which should only be deemed so, well after the game’s launch.

Well. . .
This is a remaster of Diablo 2 and not another remake.
Fans wanted a remastered game because It was a masterpiece. No need to change a thing. This is my childhood game and for many others too.

If you change Diablo 2, then it will not be Diablo 2 anymore as we all remember it when we were younger.

I know that many have had a desire for a remaster of Diablo 2, many waited for years if Blizzard would tell something.

In 2021 Blizzard told us there will be a remaster of Diablo 2, but some of you want to change things? Let Diablo 2 be Diablo 2.
Stick to Diablo 3.

2 Likes

It feels weird to be stung by my own words.

Did you not play Diablo 2?

Sometimes people have to be put in place. Let Diablo 2 be Diablo 2, remember there will be a Diablo 4 aswell.

2 Likes

I gotta admit not much in multiplayer and it was about seventeen years ago.
Late edit: Don’t you need a party for sharing gold and exp though?

I don’t care either way, I just don’t like the idea of getting no drops from a boss kill because someone with cheats joined the game. If they detect and catch cheats I’m fine with the game as it is.

The toxic nature of the community, the FFA aspect of the loot system, the bots (click bot in particular), the ease of ganking as a means of farming (looting your corpse), the entirety of JSP, and several other reasons are why I quit playing online in D2. I play off-line solo and LAN exclusively. So let me return the rotten favor that someone visited upon me. If you don’t like personal loot the old game is still there for you. Supposedly, they are not going to alter the original game (I don’t believe this) so, you are welcome to be stuck in 1.14d land the same as me. If you don’t like personal loot play 1.14d and stop trying to be a greedy hoarding child.

12 Likes

I would not make that assumption that it is implied.

Then let Blizzard handle the cheaters, they will get punished anyway with their cheats. 2 Ban waves every months is a good solution.

2 Likes

You can play Diablo 3, Diablo 2 Resurrected is only a remaster. Not a remake.
Why don’t people understand the differences.

I would say just add some type of check box when you pick the character you wish to play. Just like how you pick if you want to be Seasonal, Hardcore, ETC. One of the boxes could be “Personal Loot” now if you pick this option you can’t play with people or even see other games that don’t have this option turned on.

This option would split the player base but I don’t think it would make a huge impact. Mainly because the player base for D2 right now is small and the trade economy is pretty good and if all of them come over to D2R with the added people coming back to D2R that won’t turn on the Personal Loot option the economy is going to be pretty amazing with everyone playing.

And for the people that do turn it on get to have their fun playing with the Personal Loot. The economy would be different though.

I personally would have the option turned on. I remember playing D2 as a kid an I love the game but I had a miserable time while playing in groups because I never got anything. I did play solo at times to get gear but its just lonely at times.

Even without personal loot I will play mainly because to me and I feel for a majority of the now Diablo player base D2R is a temporary game until Diablo IV.

5 Likes

The devs never made a clear distinction between remake and remaster. If you don’t like personal loot you can play 1.14d.

8 Likes

This is one of the better posts you ever made. 8x times the normal loot would be a dramatic shift. HOWEVER, if there are no bots propping up drops, it might actually make the game better.

1 Like

Considering changes already made and they are taking feedback on possibly more it could be considered a remake. But again, if they make it personal, you don’t have to play it.

2 Likes

Why does everyone says It’s a remaster then If it’s not a remaster?
A remake change the whole game, and It’s not what I wanted. I wanted a pure remaster, not a damn remake that destroys my childhood game.

You guys have to understand the differences between a Remake and a Remaster.

But sure, let’s destroy Diablo 2 Resurrected by doing a D3 clone, that’s why the game sucks at the first time.
End of Story.

people who want personal loot dont understand how diablo 2 item system and loot tables work lol, so you’re saying you want people to get 8x the loot and MF from playing with 8 players to every player? this is how you end up with diablo 3 and everyone fully geared in 6 hrs along with kill the online economy, they would have to change drops rates and loot tables.

2 Likes

No one has said that. You guys are creating a strawman with the 8x loot. I said keep the drops the same while the game makes rolls for each item and distributes them. So if only 5 items dropped and there were 8 players not everyone would get something.

4 Likes

You and I both know this would never be acceptable for the D3 players

this is the only system that would work and only if the loot is not instanced to that player, all loot must still shown but greyed out if not allocated to you, but this not what people mean when they say personal loot they are thinking diablo 3 style personal instanced loot.

1 Like