D2R: Personal/Instanced Loot is a MUST for this game!

Shared/FFA loot is a mechanic I never liked for several reasons:

• It generates unfair advantage for looting for classes that can move fast towards a loot drop or face tank.
  • players with different ping/latencies/bad hardware are at a disadvantage
  • seeing a special item getting grabbed away is pure frustration (of course it feels great if you are the lucky one, and that is the only good thing here)
  • if cross platform comes to D2R, controller players will be at a major disadvantage
  • people get frustrated and people start to a) run solo, b) stop using certain classes due to lack of facetanking/mobility for party play, c) encourage auto pickup bot usage. And bot users were some of the most annoying aspects of D2…

Easy fix: for personal/instanced loot, adjust drop rates slightly to counter inflation. As some of the items were super rare anyway, a small inflation could actually be a good thing. I really hope, duping won’t be as pronounced as it was with D2 in the end.

Even David Brevik wants personal/instanced loot… (Creator of Diablo 2)

104 Likes

I think it’s kind of implied with the introduction of auto gold pickup. If anyone in the party activates that, he’ll sweep off all the gold for one self so it’s inevitable that individual loot must be part of the equation too.

9 Likes

I think it should not be changed. This is really part of D2 core system. Play in groups with friends and clan mates.

If you want to play with “randoms”, well … do so at your own “risk”.

Final thoughs : Don’t touch it !

42 Likes

Change it. It was always hell on earth for most range chars. But the free-for-all-loot could find many friends on eBay…

26 Likes

The only mandatory thing in this game is to keep the gameplay the same, this includes the dispute for the items.

The rest is crying that transformed D3 into what it is.

26 Likes

I agree with you about the loots we need our own loots, I hate when I kill a monster and an other player come from no where and take my loot, individual loots is a must for real! But I disagree about the stamina bar, taking a stamina potion to keep running make you perform better than the one that forgot his stamina potion and this is important for speedrun skills so it’s to much part of “hack and slash” logic where it’s actualy your talent at driving and managing that will make you be better or not… But about the loots if you kill a monster from far away and somone is closer and he take your loots, you can actualy do nothing against that and it’s unfair so yes we need individual loots!

13 Likes

Change it. It’s the first reason why I don’t play this game in multiplayer.

36 Likes

Position yourself better; play alone; play with friends; play Diablo III.

There are many things you can do before trying to ruin Diablo II.

17 Likes

Next they are going to cry about insta PVP…

I just don’t think most people in Diablo 3 these days can handle the competitive nature of Diablo 2. The Wild West is back baby. :laughing:

22 Likes

Nobody is forcing you to play it in multiplayer.

9 Likes

absolutely. individual loot for all future Diablos.

20 Likes

The gameplay should strive to stay as close as possible, including the loot system.

It’s the risk of playing with randoms. It shouldn’t really discourage playing with friends, as one would hope you have friends who aren’t going to hog all the loot away from you.

I plan on playing in a group of 4-5 people and sure, we’ll all make a mad dash to get drops but we’ll split up the loot and give things to each other if they’d make better use of it.

9 Likes

Nah, personal drops is the way to go.

30 Likes

The way to go to the same failure of 2008.

6 Likes

What was 2008? Personal loot is not a failure, being able to take advantage of people with crappy connections and slower reflexes was the failure.

20 Likes

Playing alone, playing with friends, playing Diablo III, there are several solutions that do not completely destroy Diablo 2: R.

They already ruined a Diablo, why would you want to ruin another one?

11 Likes

Your opinion is not fact.

18 Likes

I don’t agree. I think FFA loot is fine for the game. Just play with friends like the old LAN days, and you are good to go.

9 Likes

Personal loot is a failure because it destroys the trade economy. Something that is non negotiable for a game with the Diablo 2 name

17 Likes

How so? If you have a party of 8 and 8 items drop everyone gets one, instead of only the quickest. Or are you one of those that took advantage of others in a group and sold the gear they had every right to?

14 Likes