D2R: Personal/Instanced Loot is a MUST for this game!

Good news!! the old version is still there for ya buddy…

10 Likes

Same to you! Diablo 3 (your game) has all the improvements you want to ruin D2: R!

Go there and play until your fingers fall!

6 Likes

Bots already ruin the economy so letting players have a higher chance seems reasonable. If bots are some hoe wiped out from D2R then it would be really interesting too see how players gear up.

Not an argument. You already have the game you want.

9 Likes

You people huh? You think just because someone wants a better game that automatically means they are trying to destroy D2R and turn it into D3? I guess I can’t take any of your future arguments seriously anymore … that is if you had of any good points.

9 Likes

Do you not see the irony in the fact that you are using the exact same arguments that were made for diablo 3 ten years ago? If anyone shouldn’t be taken seriously it is people pushing for the exact same thing that already ruined the franchise

6 Likes

What arguments did I make for Diablo 3 ten years ago? I think those forums are long gone.

Come to think of it, Personal Loot was a feature at the start.

6 Likes

They ignore that Diablo 2 fans have been asking for a successor for years, and that they, fans of Diablo 3 (the super game) already have what they asked for back there, and when we went against it.

The funny thing is that those who are throbbing now were saying that D2: R would never exist. haha

It seems that the joy of these people is to ruin the games, to make all games equally bad and pathetic.

I hope the development team keeps its head in place and doesn’t screw it up. The promise was clear: not to change the gameplay.

9 Likes

It is exactly, precisely, surgically that.

The changes that modify the gameplay are all to make Diablo II more like Diablo 3 by profoundly altering the nature of the game.

If it is to change the gameplay, to change the game, make a remake, not a remaster.

2 Likes

personalized loot is purely for people who can’t handle competition. “its not fair” is ONLY what children say when playing video games. Life isn’t fair kids, neither are video games. Games owe you nothing, they don’t have to hold your hand or tell you how amazing you are. Don’t like how this particular game is designed? Play something else. A remaster is not a remake, so changing the core of this game so your feelings don’t get hurt is extremely sad. Play solo, with friends or not at all.

9 Likes

Now you may have hurt a lot of people.

But I can’t think of a post that synthesizes more attempts to ruin Diablo II.

It is pure desire that the game is not good just to satisfy a personal feeling or something.

This is weird.

2 Likes

When you realize this is exactly what the lead up to diablo 3 was like it seems way more messed up that they want to kill D2.

1 Like

As a long time player of D2 Im torn on what Id like to see. Just upgrading the graphics is enough for me to try it out again. D3 lacked that certain something that D2 did, hearing that Hostile, made the game exciting and as I only play HC was very intense waiting to see whos coming to test your build. D3 took that edge of the game away…

I also like the shared stash as making many accounts of mules was tedious burning a mule in all the time. I think if anything they should increase High ROON drops and maybe even bind them on drop to a player - but if u dont want it be able to trade it to someone else or give to anyone in the game when the roon drops. High end runewords is what made some builds simply function - there was no doubt most of them were duped items being traded for and botters ruled the trade economy in the end.

Overall Im excited to see this game return again in much better graphics and will definately play it for the Cut Scenes Alone… I do think the opening campfire models need some work - they all look bad to me and not even close to the ones in the original D2…

3 Likes

The only people that likes free for all and hunting for loot are Botters, cheaters (using 3rd party software to pick up loot faster than others).

Good luck getting ANY items when you’re a ranged class or if you have a cr4ppy internet or slow PC.

Personal loot was the best thing that happened in D3 and made multiplayer games much more enjoyable than in D2 LoD even if you only have max 4 players compared to 8 in D2 LoD.

You could STILL trade in D2R even if you had personal loot, so every argument against it makes NO Sense at all.
With personal loot Everyone gains, because you can easily trade between other party members or even share items that you don’t need.
With free for all (hunt for loot) only Botters, 3rd party software users (the was a program that automatically picked up items for you in D2 LoD), best internet connection or fastest PCs or those who want to sell items on E-bay or other sites like that…

18 Likes

Well in D2 we have something we call a trade economy which is easily impacted by the massive amount of loot that personal loot shoots out into the server. Economics 101

3 Likes

MF runs alone, boy. If you want to do it in a group, do it with friends and if you want ease, go to Diablo III.

This joke of someone who only likes this or that is a cheater does not stick. If you don’t know how to play don’t disturb who knows.

5 Likes

That depends on how many items drop for personal loot.

For the record, I’m more towards Blizz releasing D2R as close to D2 as possible (so that D2 game mechanics can be reviewed the way it was just in today’s standard). But this ‘game economy’ is not the same as real world economy. In real world, inflation bad, deflation bad. But how is deflation (more or less, as rare items will still be rare) bad in game economy? This is not like real world stuff where resources are limited, there can only be certain amount of product in the world. It makes items more affordable to everyone. Only people that might not like that would be people who benefits financially by selling the items.

8 Likes

The old fallacy of putting everyone in the same bag to try to be right.

Totally clueless arguments are only supported by this type of conversation.

3 Likes

I didn’t know I could speak Portuguese fluently :joy:. You must be using google translator or something, which may be why there seemed to be void of logic in your statements in another thread. No, not saying you’re stupid. It meant as your lack of fluency in English may be the reason you were not able to give out logical argument as you don’t fully comprehend what I wrote.

So you’re gonna talk about what made me conclude to that statement? Why is deflation (again, more or less) bad in game economy when it could make in game items affordable to everyone? I even went against the other guy’s premise if you hadn’t noticed, that personal loot might not lead to influx of items in the game when the number of items drop is adjusted. You’re gonna talk about that too?

3 Likes

No, I’m just going to talk about the fallacy itself, it was the fallacy that most caught my attention in your post because it is on this rhetorical resource that your whole argument is based.

As for Portuguese, I know you wanted to call me ignorant, but you are the one who uses rhetorical fallacies here, it is you, not me.

2 Likes

lol. No, it wasn’t. It was what I could ‘conclude’ from my understanding of it. Again, note the part where you didn’t try to argue my main points. If you could counter what I said, you would have.

2 Likes