D2R: Personal/Instanced Loot is a MUST for this game!

About your" facts"…

I wonder what the second report alludes to.

3 Likes

Because they asked for our feedback and said they are willing to change if enough people ask for change. I stand firmly on personal loot. If it does not get implemented, then I have no incentive to purchase the remastered game. Why would I pay just for prettier graphics? If its going to be the same game, I rather play D2 as it is now.

From what I have seen so far, this is by far the most requested feature to be added to D2R. Not to mention we have fantastic and reputable posters with good facts and arguments discussing this matter. I also believe that this is what is best for the game. If you disagree, in my opinion, you are being selfish.

Hahaha I loved that quip :blush:

1 Like

Go play D3 if you want personal loot and bind on pickup lol.

no one said the loot shouldn’t be tradable. just opinions about personal loot as an option.

1 Like

Go back to school if you can’t read what people are asking for - and I doubt anyone is asking for soulbound loot - but what a lot of people are asking for - and for good reasons - personal loot.

2 Likes

Yesterday night, this reddit r/diablo2 poll was linked in another thread.

As we know internet polls are problematic due to sampling bias. Strikingly, when given two categories to vote on FFA-only or personal loot only, ~38% picked personal loot to replace FFA. This demonstrate 2 things to me:

1. For respondents in this poll that most likely overrepresented D2 purists, a notable percentage of total respondents favor personal loot.
  2. A third category of selectable loot system (PoE-esque) was not in the poll. I suspect that selectable loot would be preferred by the majority of D2R players if many want to already replace FFA in its entirety.

I honestly cannot see any rational objection to the option of personal loot.

I get some people want to retain shared loot (mostly, it seems from nostalgia), and ditching shared loot in favour of personal loot would be a major change for D2R to make, but giving players the option of personal loot (as they have already done with gold auto-pickup), strikes me as an eminently fair compromise that cannot be rationally objected to.

1 Like

You are correct. D2 was my favorite game at the time, but it had flaws. If you want the old “masterpiece” as is, you select those options for yourself. If you want an improved/updated game, you select those options for yourself.

I never understood why are those developers never (or bother to) add “modern mode” and “classic mode” in the remastered game to please the old-timers and newcomers.

Is it too expensive to do that?

1 Like

David Brevik proves you WRONG ! (he agrees on personal loot added) (check the video)

PoE proves you wrong ! (PoE which is harder than D2 has personal loot)

And every aRPG has personal loot nowadays because of leechers/ninjas/botters like you!

Even David Brevik said that it wont change the core of the game , so anything you say about personal loot is WRONG !

Play like a MAN and stop using bots for once in your life ! and stop leeching !

You afraid ! Because personal loot will destroy your BOTS !

ITS OVER ! hackers, leechers and BOTTERS ! ITS OVER !

also refund the game , if you pre-ordered it . it will have changes wether you like it or not ! (less cheaters and toxic cry babies… the better)

2 Likes

David Brevik doesn’t work on this game anymore.
Diablo 2 fans like how the game is today. This is a Remaster, not a Remake.
No need to change things because he worked on the game early 2000s.

Of course some people like you want to turn Diablo 2 to something different and unrecognizable.

The game works fine, just get rid of Bot, and cheaters so everybody can be happy.

Personal Loot makes It more easier and It changes pretty much.
No one owns the item before you pick it up, If you are the first one who pick it up then It’s yours. Before that, everybody can pick it up but no one owns It before you pick it up

Just learn to be quick to pick up, and be sure you have a good PC mouse.
This game is supposed to be challenging and a bit competition.

Ps: If you wasn’t the first one who could pick it up. Please don’t be mad, you have plenty of more changes. . .

Diablo 3 have Personal Loot and Diablo 4 will also have Personal Loot.
Why can’t Diablo 2 stay Uniq? Why does everything have to be the same!

About Toxic players, do you define yourself as one?
Because you sound pretty mad when you type.

2 Likes

AHAHAHAHAHAHA i love it when you cry in agony ! i love it !

i hope they bring more changes to the game so i can taste those tears even more!

(like charm inventory)

I guess you didn’t read what I wrote.
And you type like a kid, I have played this game since release date.

No more botting and leeching when personal loot comes ! ITS OVER !

Heh, in meanwhile you can go play Minecraft :smiley:

1 Like

Your weak mentality shows that you play minecraft ! cause you like botting.

But when personal loot comes ITS OVER !

So you will need another strategy to get leech loot from others , since your bots and leeching mentality will be irrelevant !

ps. I bet you don’t even have the retail boxes of D1 and D2 !

now stop replying and cry more for me !

For the first, I dislike cheaters.
Why do you say I like botting?

This forum is for polite people, please go away.
Stop being Toxic.

Write like a real human being in the forum.

More more ! I want to taste more tears !

Changes will come ! ITS INEVITABLE !

ps. shared stash and auto-gold pick are only the beggining and are great !

We will improve D2 wether you like it or not !

like Project Diablo 2 and PoD did !

You can go play Diablo 3, small kids like you don’t deserve anything else.

You can’t win this argument… stop trying…

David Brevik the creator of Diablo 2 , proved you wrong ! (because he said that personal loot is better and wants it in D2)

its over after this…