D2R: Personal/Instanced Loot is a MUST for this game!

Personal loot would just multiple drops by 8. Making zero reward to anything. Making it like D3 which is a joke to gear up, only growth is grinding leveling out gems and getting ancient versions of gear, which doesn’t exist in d2.

If to gear up all you need to do is join a game run through the map and pick up drops what is the point.

D2 was about doing 1 more run to get a great item or making trades to get where you want to be.

Personal loot you may as well just add cheat codes to spawn the gear you want.

Any based on what the devs of D2R have said they wont add personal loot and if they did this would not be a game I would play let alone pay for.

2 Likes

What makes you think Blizzard would implement just this? That’s very hypothetical. I can see them buffing personal drops in multiplayer to equal solo.

Factually they are are trying to keep it as true to the original as possible.

No such thing. No one asked for guaranteed drops but instanced drops, stop stuffing words at people’s mouth.

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Multiplayer#Increased_Item_Drops

While being in a party does not improve the quality of item drops (that’s what Magic Find is for), it does increase the quantity of items dropped. More characters in a game does that too, but more characters in a party adds to the benefit. (And that’s not even counting the faster killing time possible when characters cooperate.)

These benefits are seen chiefly from regular monsters, and also from Act Bosses. Random bosses, champion types, and other SuperUniques are unaffected by more players in a game,

Please spare time to read. It’s been 20 years and no one asks for hand holding or anything.
If some moster has 25% chance to drop something, then in a 8 player group it may drop something for player1 and player 7 and drops nothing for rest. It’s still 25% chance but rest of the group failed their rolls with 75% chance to fail; that’s random. If you have more players in the party, this 25% chance can be improved further to drop more loot quantity as you can read from that article I linked clearly, but again the lucky players will be random.
Only random unique monsters, super uniques monsters and champions types don’t drop more loot but these won’t really matter in a bigger scheme of things and rewards still be random. Nobody ever asked for guaranteed loot drops in a 20 year old game with trading scene.

Upon gazing on the practicality, Path of Exile works with a similar model and still have individual loot with trading. I’m sorry but your feelings have nothing to bear on practicality of things.
David Brevik, a forefather of the franchise clearly said it wouldn’t change much because he figured how to work around the system already. However, if developers are really meant for preserving the old feeling, they’d do so anyway regardless of what we say here.

When you get good loot sniped right in front of you it does 2 things, mainly:

1. teases you into believing that the awesome loot could be yours.
  2. teaches you where to stand and when to click to ensure that that doesn’t happen again.

I am one of the reasons your baal runs never let you have unique jewelry. Revenge for my childhood.

Sheshh, if you’re going to argue for shared loot continuing at least do it with something not so totally screwed up as this. No-one I have seen is asking for loot to be multiplied for each player, before being parceled out!

Either you’re not reading what is being asked for, or your deliberately making strawman arguments to try and throw people off.

1 Like

Ok so a run is capped out at 8 players. Shared loot you kill baal and items drop for all 8.

Or with personal loot 8 players kill baal and all 8 get drops for themselves.

Am I missing something?

What are you asking for? I see it as you join a game mobs die and each mob drops something for each player which only they can pick up. How is that not multiplying drops?

You’re thinking of single player doing ‘/players 8’ command, but it being applied to all of the 8 players (hence, 64 players worth of item dropping in 8 player game). That’s not what ‘personal loot’ is. Instead of X players worth of items dropping universally per kill, it will give 1 player worth of drop for each player no matter how many players are in the room.

In a 1 player game, 1 player worth of item drop for you, in a 8 player game, 1 player worth of item drop for you. For each players in an 8 player game, so 8(1x8) player worth of drop for 8 players just like in shared loot case, but drops not being disproportionately acquired from sniping.

Details can be adjusted, like making it a checkbox option per game, or making /players 8 command still work in an offline mode single player game, but that’s the general gist of it.

Ok so saying you can kill baal. Why play with anyone else if drops are the same and you have 7 other players in play for drops?

1 Like

XP and farm speed.

I can ask you the other way around. This is more a rhetorical question by me, not pointing fingers at you, but a question you should ask if you intend to raise that question (in the quote box).

So are you saying the reason you’re playing in an 8 player game is to snipe every item that drops leaving some players in the dust?

Because besides loot, in a party you benefit from picked up gold and experience per kill also the party buffs like Enchant. You can get 3 drops from a boss instead of 1-2 and still benefit from others’ magic find.

What about game determines the drops and splits it between party members in a totally random fashion? If a creature drops 2 items by 25% luck and out of 8 players only 2 get to see each, would that increase the drops? Loot quantity increases in Diablo 2 by standard already if you aren’t aware still after 20 years; I linked it at the article up there, also added quotes. We just ask game to split this loot in instances instead of adding to it then intended.

We have no idea why you see it that way but even after 500 posts people still assume nonsense about this design, so I’m not entirely surprised. We’re not exactly talking about copy-pasting D3’s instanced loot where you get guaranteed drops or huge magic find either, just the design point behind all.
Even if design supposed to increase loot count by any means, I doubt it’d hurt the game as this game suffered from dupes along 20 years.

No I believe the way it worked was the more players difficulty increased as did the drop chance. Giving a reason to play with others.

Again if not why play with anyone.

1 Like

Which is the same in personal loot case as with shared loot case.

So again, your purpose for playing with multiple players is to snipe all the loot drop (which is the only way you can get ‘more loot’ from playing with multiple players), am I correct?

Why do you use the term snipe. The purpose of playing with multiple players is to increase the drop chance of items for everyone. If drop chance is static and personal why play with anyone else?

1 Like

Magic find benefit from party to increase dropped item quality regardless of instance, shared buffs, experience and gold share. If that’s not enough I donno what to tell. Why do you play video games?

Why did I play diablo 2? The rush and addiction of doing runs to get something rare and to dedicate time to acquire gear and build a solid char that could smash anything.

It was hard yet rewarding.

Shared loot would not be, it would turn into run around behind someone who has a solid build and scoop loot in easy mode.

I completely agree. Personal Loot is a must. There should be a system where if you want the item then you can leave it and it becomes public.
Far too many times have i lost items because some rando clicked faster whilst i was taking a look.

Back in the day we all had poor internet, now we dont. Now we live in the times of fast macros and bots. Personal loot protects us and those who cant click fast enough.

You dont need to change the drop rates, you can keep them stable. Sometimes you get loot, someones you dont.

Anyone complaining against it, Well you already have D2 right now. So go play that.

D2Ressurected are trying to bring it back to life, its not just a remaster

You are saying the polar opposite of what the D2R team is saying.

You can scoop loot behind someone’s back at the current game if they don’t care to pick it up, which most high level players don’t anyway. Leeching is part of the game already, whether you allow instanced loot or not. Most high players give out free stuff and you’re batting an eye about someone following you? Go to ebay, things worth for mere cents, you can’t tell me it’s hard. I am not sure I follow.