D2R Change Poll results ordered by popularity

You can defeat inventory tetris by S/Eing with the item you want from the run. If i understand you right then yes - people are asking for a seperate charms inventory since you can negate inventory tetris entirely just by save and exiting with an item that you don’t have space for, rejoin and have it identified in 10 seconds or less.

1 Like

Umm, what survey? I didn’t get anything from Blizzard…

Rhazas actually put the survey up on d2jsp quite a while ago:
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=84739953

And the results are just data. People shouldn’t fear data. The more data you have, the more informed your decision.

So far, the D2R devs haven’t committed to any changes I disagree with - unless they actually state they are doing a change that I disagree with I’m behind them.

Also with D3 - as I posted in another thread, the fact that D2R exists and that D4’s theme is A Return to Darkness clearly means, that as far as look and feel, the direction of the franchise is to embrace D2’s darker/grittier approach rather than D3’s glib cartoonier approach. This is significant and D2 players should be happy about that.

This. I trust the D2R devs to make the right choices that won’t hurt the games core. Especially after watching the blizzcon deep dive and seeing how passionate they all were about keeping D2 exactly the same even down to the many bugs. I don’t see the dev team that left in dozens of bugs and said “we were very hesitant to add auto-gold. so we added a toggle.” will suddenly start churning out massive loot and inventory changes because of some inconclusive survey data.

You know what the D2R devs will see? They will see the massive backlash already going on in these forums from the hardcore fans being very against changes and they won’t do anything to upset the core fanbase, considering they literally said thats exactly who this game is for. Not the new people, not the people who want change, just the hardcore fans. Everyone else is lucky they get to enjoy it as it is.

1 Like

But theyre entirely separate from each other - practically in different worlds. That could be fine for ploot and original looters, but that’s not what youve suggested…

About that… and some wonder why I repeat myself…

4 Likes

Yet you continue to repeat this - and this is what I was responding to - and I keep repeating to you I agree with the totally separate idea. Not going to quote blitz, though. So that’s good, agreement. The thing I was responding to was the thing you continue to suggest that doesnt compare with HC/SC and ladder/non…

So do you no longer think game mode selection is a good way to choose ploot and original looting systems? Because that’s been a refrain of yours for a while. If so, agreement! I agree as long as the communities are separate. …Like HC/SC and ladder/non, as you mentioned earlier, which was the comparison I was questioning…

Edit: I just actually read your quotes, how are they rebutting me? You continue to say game mode creation. I originally contrasted your suggestion for game mode ploot with your mention of HC/SC - theyre not relatable, as HC/SC are totally separate and players choosing which games to play in are not. So… did you not understand what I was contrasting in my previous post? Wtf bbq?

or at character creation. I say either way could be chosen about how to implement by Blizzard.

I have from early on listed both possibilities. I can make a compelling argument that selection at game creation works, unless the personal loot people do not want characters that previously saw 8X the total drops in FFA-only games in comparison to a similar character in personal loot mode who less frequently sees drops.

Yeah M, the contrast I was making originally was responding to your game mode suggestion, aka the thing that doesnt compare with HC. Another basic communication misunderstanding laboriously resolved! high five

No, they “literally” did not say this, the devs said “literally” the exact opposite. Do better.

1 Like

The devs literally said D2R is for casual nonfans? New people and the people who want change?Double wtf bbq?!

1 Like

The devs said they are looking to appeal to both new and returning players alike.

2 Likes

wow… 23/23 for how i would vote… i mean i had first thought this was going to be some BS post but wow…

color me impressed, i mean some of the “yes” one i was “neutral” but see no downside on… but… damn.

good work…

while i agree on literally everything posted with how they are posted

what i want MOST are

14 "ladder only " restrictions removed and single player and NL
1 ( cows always open
10. loot filter
15 charm inventory
21 longer seasons

and easily MOST important out of literally anything… something and the that would literally make me refund

is that 23 remains no… i will not TOUCH this game if they add “personal” loot

no changes, not even ALL of the ones i want combined + the new graphics" would make me not demand a refund if they made “personal loot” happen.

i can not currently think of something that would kill the game more completely and utterly than “personal loot”.

i would rather them delete my fav class… druid… than have “personal loot” forced upon me…

(although thats also a moot point because i wouldn’t by the game then either)

but the point still stands

1 Like

You do know 49% preferred personal loot options and only 39% favored keeping it FFA only.

You would refund if they add an option for personal loot, or force it upon you? in your post you say force upon, am I to understand that it would be okay for it to be optional for others to choose this game mode, given it would have zero effect on you or your characters?

1 Like

A delicate task, especially considering the particular balance of elements in D2 vital to its unique fun.

1 Like

I actually think it’s not a delicate task at all. Many of us in this forum have been asking for a best of both worlds compromise, where the release of D2R is super crisp, clean, with minimal changes, and a forked patch later, where many more options could open up. Those options are varied, and can’t keep everyone happy, but a survey like those posted would certainly give an idea of direction for the devs. I think there’s a good chance D2R will have over 95% approval, from both casual and experienced players, provided they make this one simple choice.

3 Likes

If players are able to remain in a community of either original or modified rules, then agreed!

no its not “ok”. i don’t need to explain something for the millionth time.
changing how loot drops will affect EVERYTHING
it will affect the the types of games that are made, it will affect the price and rarity of certain items, it will affect how player communicate, it would utterly destroy any and all need for any player to “contribute” to the party…
it would UTTERLY DESTROY the game.

this isnt “path of exile” paths game was build around being able to turn it on and off…

the entire core aspect of item balance completely in the game and the game is fundamentally played as a party. that is based around less total loot dropping in multiplayer and getting more exp instead.

all the games all the services the rushing, the trading… Everything revolves around how loot drops.

if u change that u break the game and what makes diablo 2 that game that it is on a fundamental level.

even the deleting sorceress outright would be less of a fundamental change to the game … because in some multiplayer games u may not have a sorc on your team… in some games u may not be playing sorc.

by changing how loot drops will on a fundamentally change how diablo 2 is played on a core level… and there is no amount of band-aid fixing or tweaking you could possibly do to fix that.

I’m not saying person loot cant exist in any game or that it cant work in some game… but the game has to be designed FROM THE GROUND UP WITH personal loot in mind.

this isn’t something you can “add”… even giving player the option to turn it off and on would fundamentally ruin the game. because it would still change how public games are made ., along with the and rarity of value of all items. etc

you think that “adding personal loot” would be a small change… when there isn’t a bigger change you could possibly make that would utterly change the game on every aspect as much as this.

you don’t understand the consequences of it and even my VERY FIRST first post in response to the idea, before i actually thought about it… i thought " well it wouldn’t be too bad"

when u loot into it however, and consider the effects it would actually have on chaos runs, on baal, how exp framing works, why certain game types are set up, why certain items cost a certain amount, basically how it would affect everything around it, it would completely and utterly break every single aspect of how the game is designed and balanced. especially of how games runs are set up, public chaos, and how loot is farms

it may “sound” like a small change.
but its not… and u couldn’t find a bigger one. and even i missed that at first.

its not the “personal loot shouldn’t be a thing in any game ever” it that personal loot in diablo 2 would LITERALLY be a completely different game.I cant think of a single aspect in the game that wouldn’t be affected in some way that would then somehow need some perfectly though out fix in attempt to undo some of the damage that adding personal loot would call…

its not compatible in any way shape or form… its a core balance aspect that everything in the past 20 years was built upon…

1 Like

This is super hyperbolic, and much of it is untrue.

I’ll pick apart the last sentences first, as they seem to sum up your point.

Stating “you couldn’t find” a bigger change than optional personal loot, is very hyperbolic, of course I can. Here are some.

-Getting rid of Ebugging
-Changing how Qbugging works
-Changing/balancing any skills
-Changing any drop rate in the game

These are just to start. Personal loot is not as big a change as any of these. It is also not without its problems, which is why I’m against it being changed for launch.

1 Like