If you make personal drops your not faithful to d2

The poll question result for personal drops was almost dead even. Did you read the poll?

Rejected is a strange word.

39% do not want a personal loot option
36% want a personal loot option
13% want a personal loot option with a caveat
12% are not sure

The plurality wanted personal loot.

1 Like

Casuals get loot hugging pillars right now. They already get free loot lol. It’s why everyone huddles the boss once it hits 5%

Btw they said they are open to change. I don’t even think personal loot will happen, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

2 Likes

Just keep spewing nonsensical hyperbole. You have no real argument anyway.

1 Like

Right now i have chance to pick up loot before leecher does. With personal loot this chance goes away and rng decides. That is unacceptable.

2 Likes

You do what the poll suggested potentially in that you let people choose either at game creation or character creation. If you want the same D2 gameplay experience, you choose to play FFA-only games/characters. You want the clicking on gold experience, you choose that.

The poll was not asking for personal loot to replace FFA loot.

I could be stupid but can you explain to me how most people not wanting personal loot as a option and the game originally not having personal loot, leads you to the conclusion to add personal loot as a option still? Im lost.

There are plenty of ways to mitigate that. Require a percentage of damage done. Pickit and losing items to ping are unacceptable. Hence why tons of people don’t MF in pub games.

People do pub mostly to level. I’ve been more than clear I don’t think they will add personal loot, but the arguments against it are severely disingenuous.

Define hyperbole.
Define not real.
Define argument.

To remove pickits its blizz job. So that is no reason to make personal loot
If yomebody has bad ping that is not Blizz fault. That person should improve his internet connection. So still no reason why make peronal loot.

Well then another reason why we dont need personal loot.

See above.

You can use google for that.

No, I want your definition, to see if you understand the terminologies you’re throwing around willy-nilly.

1 Like

Please tell me how personal loot works when 8 players in a single game kill a boss and only 2-3 items drop, then over half the players won’t even see any loot. That would be extremely unsatisfying compared to at least seeing loot and having a chance to pick it up every game. There’s something amazing about just ‘doing 1 more run’ to try and find that item you’ve been searching for, I think seeing 0 items drop in public games is way more discouraging then fighting others to pick up an item.

Also bad ping is probably not as common now with BNET 2.0 global servers, and if it is bad it’s likely because you have a poor internet connection.

Leave the system the way it was intended to work.

3 Likes

You will still lose items to people who leech. Nobody is doing those runs for loot. With personal loot, you will get the same amount of loot as you did before. Especially if they factor in damage.

It’s evidence how bad that system is in pub games. If personal were an option, more people would do pub runs due to the increased players factor pushing out more loot.

I know I personally would prefer to run games with people, for loot, but I don’t because the loot system is not conducive to that.

You might not agree but that doesn’t make you “right”.

No, I won’t do the work for your lazy trolling benefit.

2 Likes

You get the same exact amount of loot either way. Besides, all of the suggestions have said to make it an option, so you don’t have to use it.

No leave the game as it was intended to be played. Stop trying to bring changes from D2 clones / failed ARPGs to this classic game.

If the game was a REMAKE then I can understand the sentiment, but as a remaster we want the original game preserved in its entirety.

2 Likes

Nah I will keep advocating for things I want to see, just like blizzard asked me to.

1 Like

Right, you do know the developers are asking for feedback on things that ‘feel different’ from the original D2. They literally saId that in all of their QA’s. Stop trying to ruin a game people have waited 10+ years to happen.

Sure maybe ActiBlizzard is open to changing the game so they can make more profit, but we’ve heard from the developers who are making the game (Andre, Matt, VV employees) and they said over and over they want to stay as true as possible to the original game (no loot filters, no stacked runes, etc). So if you don’t care about what their vision is and want the higher ups to change the game just to satisfy your short term desires before playing D4 or going back to D3 then go for it, just know it’s going to upset a lot of passionate D2 fans.

2 Likes

They said it would launch true to the original and they are open to more as players ask for it.

Go back to the original d2 if you want the original. I have played the game since its inception, you have no moral superiority.