Console Feedback Pls Read

ok so it looks great and all but the player interaction is awful to say the least. let me explain
so… d2 isnt d2 without game lobbies, open trading, and lots of team work. however currently on consoles there is no lobby chat, there is no game lobby, there are no custom game names, there is no party chat (unless they did hear me but nobody said anything back). basically its d3 matchmaking and not d2 matchmaking and thats a huge red flag to me and all players alike. i was under the impression that it would have all the same aspects of original diablo 2, not a d2 skin with diablo 3 mechanics forced where they do not belong.
you cannot expect all of console players to do their trading on pc. its just not acceptable, d2 is about trading and player interactions. how are we supposed to baal run 1500 times or do any of that stuff. also some people make most of their wealth in the game by charging people for services, like rushing someone from act 1-5 for a hell forge, its a staple and something we cannot organize as it is now. - just a concerned d2 mega fan looking for some clarifications as it would be appreciated. thanks!

• other things to note that need work
    potion hotkey - (actually figured out it is implemented right now its just glitched out i think it works about 35% of the time)
    id scroll hotkey - having to manually do it just annoying it should be instant
    cant give mercenary potions at all but the l1 button does nothing, is it glitched also?
    i know its a shot in the dark but keyboard and mouse support is a huge one that we would love to see i dont know of anyone that doesnt want it.
    excessive heat from unit running the game (this is for pc and console really) - the game makes me sweat. literally, because the console gets so hot it makes me nervous to leave it on for an extended period.
65 Likes

Totally agree with that. No lobby on console is just really bad. Also if I play on pc and my wife on console there is no way we can play together.

Consoles need a lobby for continued trist, tomb, Baal runs etc.

The social aspect of the game is dead on console

Not cool if to actually do some of the social aspects I will be forced to pc…

37 Likes

I definitely agree with pretty much everything listed here. I am really disappointed in how they chose to make the console game system work.

We need actual lobbies with named game creation and keyboard support at the least. They need to implement text chat in a game to communicate also.

29 Likes

yeah there is no options which is terrible there is absolutely no reason to play console if you can just plug a controller into a pc and your experience is waaaay better then consoles its kind of annoying to me that they wont give console mouse and keyboard support but pc gets controller support np

15 Likes

Agreed. The matchmaking may also be why cross-play isn’t in the cards. No one asked for this type of match-making, it feels like something a separate team was tasked to work on.

10 Likes

I hope Blizzard actually reads the console forums too. A lot of people can’t post here as they only purchased it on console. There are so many threads there talking about these same issues.

Needless to say, Blizzard needs to fix the console version of D2R and address the console base.

14 Likes

yeah they really shouldve done these tests months ago not one month before the actual release date yikes how is it gonna be on release

7 Likes

These are changes that need to happen on console right away.

Playing the beta was awesome last night, playing online with other people felt lacking though.

There is no communication at all and it’s because of the way they have lobbies set up.

I hope they make the changes to the game, otherwise my time on console may just be a single player experience.

9 Likes

finally seeing other console threads starting to pick up some momentum we want answers blizzard fix the game like you promised

11 Likes

Yeah, fortunately more people voice it. I got both copies but having a kid console is a better and easier way to play. Still I would like to have the same experience and be able to trade, create lobbies etc. It’s not cool how they handled it even things like inventory management taking whole screen and so on.

Hopefully this gets changed - if not for lunch - quickly after it.

7 Likes

yeah i also got both copies it sucks that people that own only console version cannot post in the resurrected forums like pc owners thats why theres not many people posting on here its sad that blizzard has to be so hard to deal with

7 Likes

This is the greatest issue the game has right now: the lack of these basic and elemental functionalities on console!
Lets keep it at the top with the other console threads so the devs have an easy time finding it!

3 Likes

I really do hope this issue doesn’t get ignored. If it does the consoles will probably have a mostly single player community.

I hope we get these changes in console, but I’m not counting on it. I’ve started adding friends to play with on My PS5. If you are playing on PlayStation send me a friend request. If we start or join a large group, we can manage.

PSN: Maxxgold

1 Like

If its not beeing changed into acceptable way game is dead on Konsole, there will be a few singleplayer left after a while. Dont find excusion for that simple stuff . That cheap Alternative is a shame

1 Like

I mean people’s complaining has lead to ladder rune words and items on non-ladder. We might have a chance.

1 Like

Yup just need more of the PC players help with this issue I know Lama said he would bring it up.

1 Like

Xbox is currently region locked with no way for me in US to play with friends in EU. I want to love this game but it’s hard when I can’t play with my usual play group…

1 Like

Before I quit the beta for this weekend I want to share the frustrating story of my last 90 minutes with you.

Playing on PS4.
Again no lobbies, no communication as expected.
I need to join 5 different games before I even get a random party of 3 for my tomb runs.
Sometimes this “party finder” creates games, sometimes it joins games and I was always stuck with only 1-2 other players.
I get the feeling many people remain alone in their games and once you are a few minutes in and players leave no new players can/will join ever.
No communication, more often than not no playing as party.
Cant even tell them to f*** off for stealing my gold.
Finally the second Duriel run, this time with 2 palas.
Me playing lvl 26 fireball sorc.
Totally uncoordinated.
I go in few seconds later, but get butchered over and over in the loading screen because these guys are unable to tank the guy.
Then one of them runs in naked, dies and closes the last tp to the chamber on us all.

And THEN the game glitches out.
I loose connection, can see the others but interact with nothing, no tp, no wp, nothing.
Says I left world chat and I’m stuck in Lut Gholein.
I have to leave the game, LOOSE ALL GEAR I FARMED LAST WEEKEND PERMANENTLY and am done with this beta.

I understand very well that crashes like that can happen, but being stuck in this beta endgame doing nothing but tomb runs the totally broken game finding and communication system is just too bad to take the loss of the gear and go on with more of the same.
Will be whiped anyway.

Looking forward to my necro, my sin and my new fireball sorc at launch.
Hopefully with lobbies and text chat.

3 Likes

Just all refund and say goodbye to this scammers

2 Likes