D2Res Console Needs Work

You pretty much summed up my feelings on the Xbox tonight. Its really obvious consoles haven’t been prioritized.

17 Likes

its like they looked at diablo 3 and said yeah we’ll just do what they did for consoles and it will work, not considering the amount of trading and team work that actually happens in d2. nightmare and hell mode will be extremely difficult even if its all fixed. as it is now its almost unplayable in hell mode for the reasons i listed with the main ones being trades and interactions - baal runs trist runs ANCIENTS (i couldnt imagine trying to do hell ancients on ps5 yikes)

10 Likes

Agreed on the lobby/create game issue. I pre ordered on PC as well as console but Baal runs, trading, chaos, trist, is a HUUUUUGE part of the game. If console players can’t do those things PC is the only viable platform aside from solo MFing or a solo playthrough

13 Likes

yeah dang i just hope they see this before its too late

11 Likes

Completely agree with all of this. Add it to the beta feedback section to make sure that they see it.

6 Likes

if you think this is what we should do i posted under the feedback tab feel free to check it out here Console Feedback Pls Read
comment and like aswell im sure that helps to get eyes on it

5 Likes

There’s mine if you want to comment also. Gosh the console version is such a let down in its current state.

6 Likes

No. What they really want you to do is to do all your trading on your phone…
:rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

Do you guys not have phones I see what you did there

1 Like

I mean, this meme is funny, but you guys should definitely trade on your phone whilst playing, it really is convenient :smiley:

1 Like

Just so you all know, you can give potions to merc but using left trigger + potion

2 Likes

yeah i read that somewhere thanks tho

Blockquote cant give merc potions at all but l1 button does nothing is it glitched?
It isn’t glitched. To heal a mercenary, you have to go to inventory screen, then the mercenary tab, to then give heal pots to you’re merc. That’s the way it it currently is set up in Beta right now.

Theres no lobbies on consoles? They should add them in theres too many specific things people do in d2. Mf, boss runs, quests, pvp. Sounds like a bad idea

8 Likes

yeah its real bad and clunky the d3 matchmaking they put in doesnt work with the game at all nm and hell mode is gonna be impossible

4 Likes

The UI interactions while using a controller need a lot of work. The cursor thing to navigate menus / inventory in particular just seems like a really lazy solution - I’m sure making it feel like it was actually meant to be using a controller would be quite a bit of work but this is a company with significant resources. This feels like something an indie game would ship with for controller support.

Not sure if this is how it works on console, I can only speak to controller usage on PC.

3 Likes

Just noticed auras on a paladin are really clunky with a controller. At least at lower levels. I can’t really toggle it off very easily - was expecting pressing the button that it’s bound to would toggle it off but it does not.

Yeah I was just watching someone play and holy freeze wasn’t freezing or slowing enemies at all it just kinda zaps like holy shock lol eye yuyiy

Check this post. Only thing broken is lobby and I actually like the potions in controller more now

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=85485435&f=384

people still use d2jsp? i did not know that
yall are posting on the wrong forums get them over here so the devs can see it they got alot of work to do

1 Like