D2r beta feedback ps5

Old 2 player here wanting to share some of my disappointing console gameplay.

• Where is my ability to choose which game to join… This feature alone will ruin console experience for most players.

• Char slow down after opening doors… Char slow down when running up against walls… Char slow down when going up/down stairs. Clunky.

• Scrolling over items in merchants inventory takes to long to display stats.

• Mouse and keyboard… if you’re making the game more accessible, I don’t understand why this original controls option is missing.

• Unable to heal merc? Hold D pad for use of potions on mercs???

• R3 stick needs ability to navigate items on floor… trying to position yourself when the floor is cluttered will be a nightmare… or just give use the original navigation tool… Mouse.

I’m sure I left some other things out… not sure how I’m feeling about purchasing for console now. With this being said, I never thought anyone would be able to do justice to my childhood game. Absolutely the detail and love added can be seen in this game that is so precious to alot of people. My criticism is not to be disrespectful, but to hopefully help this game be the best we all want it to be!

Thanks blizz!

4 Likes

I can easily explain why mouse and keyboard wont happen, d2r is being remade by very small team, that have limited funds, in order to get mouse and keyboard function properly on ps, it would take alot of money and effort, thats also why i doubt they will make a lobby, that would be even more expensive to pull off. And i feel very sorry for those who buy it for switch, it will be even bigger distaster.

1 Like

check out the thread i made here D2Res Console Needs Work - #18 by Makaveli-1550 we need to get more eyes on this its not a small issue its game breaking for consoles and it doesnt feel like d2 without game lobbies chat lobbies in game chat and good player interactions

3 Likes

Just decided to cancel my order, I’ll wait for launch then Decide where to play… would have loved to adventure on console and chill on a couch, but I want the real D2 experience. Not D2 with D3 features.

2 Likes

Thanks Makaveli for posting about this in the beta forum. Also cancelled but unfortunately don’t have PC to play on.

2 Likes

np i feel alot of you guys that dont have pc my childhood friend i played a ton of d2 with is stuck on ps5 only the beta experience was only half of what it should be

i made a feedback post here too im trying to get as many eyes on the issue as possible

2 Likes

none of us console players can post on there (we are the red headed step children of blizzard) and we have no ability to post (even though they can completely see we BOUGHT diablo 2) they say they cant prove that we bought diablo which is why we are only locked to post here

1 Like

i didnt realize i wasnt on the d2res section at first but thats messed up though if you have the game you should be able to use the forums why does blizzard have to be so difficult to deal with

3 Likes

I think i can speak for all of us lowly serfs and say, “Yup… would be nice to be recognized as a real owner of diablo games so we can post in the big boy forums”

1 Like

We just need more people to voice their opinions with the good ol wallet. Blizz should have known better. Lobbies are a must I can get over mouse and keyboard. Beautiful game tho.

Agree with all of these but one (more of a tweak i guess)

To heal your merc from your belt hold L2 and use the D Pad.

It works, it is pretty smart, but there isn’t really an indication of how that works, you kinda have to stumble across it

1 Like

Ahhh, ok couldn’t figure it out thanks. Console definitely needs more attention before launch.

I can not believe they didn’t include game lobbies, chat lobbies or key board and mouse support for console. We use macs at my house so I thought I’d be fine to play on my series X. I’m honestly going to cancel my preorder unfortunately. There is basically nothing but solo grinding for the console I can’t even play with my brother that’s on the PS5. Not having a mouse with a sorc sucks. I hope they fix the console version or make a Mac version so I can play the game I loved so much as a kid

1 Like

with xbox controller i can quickheal the merc if i hold LT and press one of the belt buttons… crosspad
the only thing i just cant figure out is how i can zoom in with the controller.
but anyway. had the keyboard in fornt of me so…i dont mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

You were able to zoom in on console with the keyboard? I didn’t think you could zoom in yet on beta or use a keyboard?

i can zoom in with keyboard on pc but if i play with the xbox controller i dont know how to (with controller)

Ah ok another thing we can’t do on console? Thanks.

that’s why I asked. I do not know if it works. I just did not find the button :wink:
ALL the other stuff i can do with controller (merc quickheal ect…)
But if it really doesn’t work on the console it’s really not a big deal. You can’t play when zoomed in anyway. It’s just a gimmick.

Only real downfall on controller I’ve seen so far for skills/attacking is you can’t target tele Ie: cb sorc, enigma hdin ext

And

Once in awhile while targeting with melee you would do this weird glide thing and strike at the air which you would need to then let go of everything and re-target
Otherwise melee skills work very nice

Fb sorc, ligh sorc ext will def benefit from the auto targeting while meteor sorc, blizz sorc lose a small bit of ability compared to keyboard.

Never got to try a ww barb so I don’t know how that works on the controller but if it’s anything like D3 controller wise it should be nice

2 Likes

There is already a huge disadvantage between m+kb and controller players on PC. Consoles is the only even playing field left.