#2 Nothing new
#3 Nothing new
#4 Nothing new
#6 Nothing new
#7 Nothing new
#8 Nothing new
#10 Nothing new

2 Likes

No. You just need to follow the link that I gave or follow MissCheetahā€™s directions that I quoted. I really donā€™t want people to know how many posts I have viewed.

Here is your following the above directions

~https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Meteorblade-2266/career~

Do you mean seasons or era?

For the new season, the current #1 barbs is using Mortickā€™s and Flavor of Time. #2 Morticks, etcā€¦ Of course, these players are low paragon as the season is less than 24 hours old.

For era 2019-1, you may want to double check clears post August 18. Morticks looks like Strongarm bracers. See player #5, #9, #12, #13, #14, and #15.
Data current as of 3:15m EDT August 24.

5 Likes

I know how to view another playerā€™s career pages.

What Iā€™m getting at is that when you click on another posterā€™s name in the forums, youā€™re usually given two blue buttonsā€¦

View Activity
Clicking this takes you to their forum activity page, i.e. posts theyā€™ve made, threads theyā€™ve read, likes given and received and so on.

View Profile
Clicking this takes you to the playerā€™s hero pages for the region corresponding to the forum region theyā€™re posting in.

When I click on your name the buttonā€™s there to see your forum activity but thereā€™s no button to be taken to your heroes / career pages. As youā€™ve mentioned, itā€™s incredibly easy for people to work around that so I have no idea which option you enabled to suppress that button being unavailable.

It is not actually his fault. He did not try to hide his character profile. When you go to the Forum settings and opt to hide your forum activity/profile, it disables both buttons. That is how the forum works. Users donā€™t get an option to disable the forum activity link on itā€™s own.

It really is a forum software issue.

3 Likes

OK, my data is not good, letā€™s be on the same page and use your data in the OP then.

#1 Nothing new
#2 Nothing new
#3 Nothing new
#4 Nothing new
#6 Nothing new
#7 Nothing new
#9 Nothing new
#10 Nothing new
#13 Nothing new
#14 Nothing new
#15 Nothing new
#16 Nothing new
#17 Nothing new
#18 Nothing new
#19 Nothing new
#20 Nothing new
#21 Nothing new
#22 Nothing new
#23 Nothing new
#24 Nothing new
#25 Nothing new
#26 Nothing new
#27 Nothing new
#29 Nothing new
#30 Nothing new
#31 Nothing new
#32 Nothing new
#33 Nothing new
#34 Nothing new
#35 Nothing new
#36 Nothing new
#37 Nothing new
#38 Nothing new
#39 Nothing new
#40 Nothing new

4 Likes

Iā€™m confused by your post. Mortickā€™s was introduced into the live game in patch 2.6.6 . It is new. Also, the revised flavor of time amulet with new orange text is new.

5 Likes

#5 - GR 126
#8 - GR 125
#11 - GR 124
#12 - GR 124
#28 - GR 121
#41 - GR 120
#45 - GR 120
#50 - GR 119
#59 - GR 118
#71 - GR 116
#73 - GR 116
#95 - GR 115

Clearing the same GR is something we should be excited about. At least, the barbs now got more choices to clear the same GR now.

For most of these players, they were able to set new personal bests over the last few days using the new items. I am happy for their achievement. As I noted in prior posts, this was a quick look at whether or not the new patch 2.6.6. items were being incorporated into top tier barb builds.

The addition of Mortickā€™s is clearly insufficient to bring barbs to solo DPS class parity. Barbs are underperforming as solo DPS and need a DPS buff. I and others have provided this data in detail about era 2019-1.

5 Likes

For most of these players with new items, their personal best was probably also due to a good RNG with a good map, mob type and density. I am happy for them as RNG was finally in their favor.

2 Likes

The argument against that is that 12 of 14 used new items. They could have just as easily kept their old build but they did not. Good/bad RNG would be there irrespective of build.

5 Likes

They just happened to be using a new item, and then got lucky with RNG, so they established with a personal best. They could have just as easily kept their old build, and then got lucky with RNG, and establish a new personal best as well.

4 Likes

and yet 85% of them did use new items: Morticks, Flavor of Time, and/ or Echoing Fury.

5 Likes

That still leaves 15% of them didnā€™t use the new items. With good RNG, many barbs can still establish their personal best with their old build, even if Morticks never happened (the other 2 items are not even barb specific)

1 Like

Who the hell cares if Barbarians are using Flavor of Time and gaining one whole GR level that may actually be due to their higher paragon?

What does this have to do with anything?

Are you just trying to spam the forums?

4 Likes

Here is some more information that I posted awhile ago about all 7 classes. You will notice that there is one class (barbs) in particular that have incorporated more new items to improve their personal bests for the top 15 solo era 2019-1 clears.

This data does not support DIONWONā€™s and your hypotheses.

5 Likes

Those barbs with new items most likely cleared within their previous GR potential. They probably just wearing it for a change of taste. But in the end, their GR potential would most likely have remained the same, since Morticks adds no substantial DPS. I donā€™t know about others, but I wouldnā€™t be happy if I just move around within GR95 +/- a few seconds.

From your data that you linked, it looks to me that instead of the barbs using more newer items, itā€™s rather the other classes are using less of the newer items, which could simply mean that their existing sets are probably good enough.

1 Like

Good for them, but I still keep my ranking spot with good old Endless Walk. Last I pushed was 700 paragons ago. Wait for the stupid cast to come off my wrist, then hold my beer.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a direct quote from Free, one of the barb experts here, he discussed about how useful (or useless) Morticks is.

My account canā€™t post link yet, so Iā€™m only able to provide a quote here. That thread is available in General Discussion, thread name: 2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

2 Likes

Top clear, 131 GR Clear for Barb. Dead only once. If people die a lot, maybe a learn to play thing.

1 Like

Unless you rely on life regen, otherwise life per hit, life per fury spent all these recovery stats require fighting. The moment you not fighting as a barb, thatā€™s the moment you die. To me thatā€™s another learn to play thing. The video showcased it well, that 131 clear he was fighting the whole way, even on low health.

Anyways, as you said, Free has his opinion. You certainly can have your opinion and your way of playing the game as well. But maybe just some food for thought with another quote from a recent data analysis in General Discussion. Barb needs approx 9x power increase to match the Wizards. I just donā€™t know how to respec with Morticks to bring me up to that power level.

3 Likes