Changes to top 100 of solo barb era leaderboard

No, what you are doing is not called critical thinking. Not even close to it.

“the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.”

Think of critical thinking as the reasonable, emotion-free type of thinking. So, the opposite of critical thinking is choosing what to do or say based solely on emotion, or even jumping to an answer or conclusion without working your way through the separate parts of the issue. If you wanted to break down his numbers and prove him wrong or go about finding another answer based off of his own methodology then you would be critically thinking. Everything you have done has been based off your feelings and what you feel he is saying.

How very convenient. Not that it even matters as that does not give you the ability to stop others from posting their thoughts and opinions on barb subjects.

You and I always butt heads on this one thing, but in your defense it is because I am a HUGE fan of freedom. I don’t disagree with your proposal, hell I think it is amazing, but I do disagree with you trying to stop people from voicing their ideas.

@Rashiel… Take my like and be good my friend.

6 Likes

However, Micro’s opinions have the tendency of potentially misrpresenting reality in the way he puts numbers by specially picking certain cases. I think that s where most barb players are feeling a bit bad. Because such kind of expressions caused a great deal of loss to barb players. Remember:

A certain player we call Burger: “the guy was plowing 125 with WW”. Just this expression (which was not true) very consistently expressed in a thread with blue visibility caused us to lose skull grasp buff from 500% to 400%. This was not correct.

There were other cases with nicknames burger and ketchup etc etc. Barb community can list a whole bunch of these stories. And Micro may be one of such cases (how uninentional that may be). Picking correct words in correct places and picking data more objectively is necessary to do what micro is trying to do. However, no matter how logical or reasonable we tried to express, Micro is not accepting or seeing where his mistakes are. This is either ignorance (unintentionap) or intentional with an agenda.

It looks to me he has an agenda as we never saw this ‘barb expert’ in forums before. So rightfully, we are not very positive about his purpose.

2 Likes

If they are what does that hurt? Are you assuming the devs are dumb and will take his bad numbers and make changes based off that? Are you assuming that if enough people fall into his bad numbers that we will have enough people to vote on what changes go through? Your attacks on Micro stem from the idea that you actually have power to make changes. You don’t, he doesn’t, and I don’t.

This is the most truthful thing i’ve seen posted about this so far. It is all about feelings.

You have 100% confirmation that 1 player plowing 125 with WW and posting about it was the reason it changed? If you have this proof that this is 100% true please share with the class so we can all get on board with this paranoia.

Stories are just that… stories.

Your problem with Micro seems to stem more from your own personal fears rather than his bad numbers. I find it sad that you have such little faith in game devs that they cannot figure out good numbers vs bad. I am amazed most of the barb players aren’t currently working in the gaming industry.

Some people are dense and you should just move on and stop replying. Actively trying to shut them down from speaking about an entire class in a game makes you look bad.

What exactly makes our resident “barb experts” actual experts? Because they can right a semi decent guide? Because they can do math? Because their ideas are better than others? (subject to personal opinion). In the early stages of Diablo 3 I was running builds well before “guides” were written does that mean I am an expert?

If most of the self proclaimed experts just ignored this guys posts they would most likely already be gone and forgotten. There is a sickness on this forum though where everyone has to be on the same idea or you aren’t allowed to post. I don’t agree with Micro or his numbers but I also hate seeing the “experts” band together to try and stifle people from posting. Micro has impressed me with one thing and that is his unending drive to continue posting.

Would you say you have a feeling about it? :rofl:

3 Likes

Whatever man. I am not responding in Micros threads anymore. I dont want to shut him down or have any feeling. He can list down the 1st 50 decimals of pi number and average them for all I care. And devs are really that bad with numbers. For many seasons their buff numbers were random creating a huge power creep from S4 to S11. Only after some community effort the numbers were kind of fixed only to be ruined again…

Anyway guys. Typing on phone is ****

1 Like

Something we all can agree on!

1 Like

The second quote is in reference to Free/Rage’s table quoted verbatim from their website. It is not my calculation at all, but I did base my calculation on theirs that some members of the barb community felt was reasonable.

If you consider my calculation/numbers method garbage/cherry picked, then it applies to everyone who used the method. I will defend Free and Rage here because their method is imperfect and has caveats but it is a reasonable approximation. The punchline is undeniable, barbs as solo DPS are currently worse and need a buff.

My numbers and Prokahns numbers agree relative to season 12/patch 2.6.1 where barbs were reasonably well-balanced in relation to other classes. That balance went sideways in the next 2 major patches (2.6.4 and 2.6.5). To my knowledge, no one has said that Prokahn’s analysis was wrong about season 12.

This is interesting as I describe. It appears that you harbor a grudge that some misinformation by “burger” caused the developers to reduce whirlwind on skull grasp (500%-400%). I am not sure how you concluded that the developers used “burger’s” misinformation when they made their decision. This is clearly speculation.

Given the misinformation of “burger” and how DPS is calculated in game, I think you would agree that increasing whirlwind or base damage 6X (or about 10 greater rifts worth of extra DPS) would help that build. In relation to this recommendation, it was written:

If “burger” was wrong, then…

5 Likes

So why are you hiding your public profile then?

Can we see your time playing these classes.

1 Like

I am not hiding my player profile just my forum profile.

My career profile is at https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MicroRNA-1507/career

I play all classes: the most is DH @ 34% and least necromancer @ 5%. Considering my total play time, I have a lot of hours in all classes.

Again, look at the merits of my posts and not some false assumption based on a misunderstanding of how the new forum works.

There is much merit to Dartok and Rashiel posts that your most recent post seems to ignore.

5 Likes

Compare and contrast…
http://ximg.co.uk/images/2019/08/24/d3_forums_hidden_profile.jpg
You’ve hidden the option to view your heroes / career (view profile).

The Americas barb solo leaderboard as of now:

#1 Nothing new
#2 Nothing new
#3 Nothing new
#4 Nothing new
#6 Nothing new
#7 Nothing new
#8 Nothing new
#10 Nothing new

2 Likes

No. You just need to follow the link that I gave or follow MissCheetah’s directions that I quoted. I really don’t want people to know how many posts I have viewed.

Here is your following the above directions

~https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Meteorblade-2266/career~

Do you mean seasons or era?

For the new season, the current #1 barbs is using Mortick’s and Flavor of Time. #2 Morticks, etc… Of course, these players are low paragon as the season is less than 24 hours old.

For era 2019-1, you may want to double check clears post August 18. Morticks looks like Strongarm bracers. See player #5, #9, #12, #13, #14, and #15.
Data current as of 3:15m EDT August 24.

5 Likes

I know how to view another player’s career pages.

What I’m getting at is that when you click on another poster’s name in the forums, you’re usually given two blue buttons…

View Activity
Clicking this takes you to their forum activity page, i.e. posts they’ve made, threads they’ve read, likes given and received and so on.

View Profile
Clicking this takes you to the player’s hero pages for the region corresponding to the forum region they’re posting in.

When I click on your name the button’s there to see your forum activity but there’s no button to be taken to your heroes / career pages. As you’ve mentioned, it’s incredibly easy for people to work around that so I have no idea which option you enabled to suppress that button being unavailable.

It is not actually his fault. He did not try to hide his character profile. When you go to the Forum settings and opt to hide your forum activity/profile, it disables both buttons. That is how the forum works. Users don’t get an option to disable the forum activity link on it’s own.

It really is a forum software issue.

3 Likes

OK, my data is not good, let’s be on the same page and use your data in the OP then.

#1 Nothing new
#2 Nothing new
#3 Nothing new
#4 Nothing new
#6 Nothing new
#7 Nothing new
#9 Nothing new
#10 Nothing new
#13 Nothing new
#14 Nothing new
#15 Nothing new
#16 Nothing new
#17 Nothing new
#18 Nothing new
#19 Nothing new
#20 Nothing new
#21 Nothing new
#22 Nothing new
#23 Nothing new
#24 Nothing new
#25 Nothing new
#26 Nothing new
#27 Nothing new
#29 Nothing new
#30 Nothing new
#31 Nothing new
#32 Nothing new
#33 Nothing new
#34 Nothing new
#35 Nothing new
#36 Nothing new
#37 Nothing new
#38 Nothing new
#39 Nothing new
#40 Nothing new

4 Likes

I’m confused by your post. Mortick’s was introduced into the live game in patch 2.6.6 . It is new. Also, the revised flavor of time amulet with new orange text is new.

5 Likes

#5 - GR 126
#8 - GR 125
#11 - GR 124
#12 - GR 124
#28 - GR 121
#41 - GR 120
#45 - GR 120
#50 - GR 119
#59 - GR 118
#71 - GR 116
#73 - GR 116
#95 - GR 115

Clearing the same GR is something we should be excited about. At least, the barbs now got more choices to clear the same GR now.

For most of these players, they were able to set new personal bests over the last few days using the new items. I am happy for their achievement. As I noted in prior posts, this was a quick look at whether or not the new patch 2.6.6. items were being incorporated into top tier barb builds.

The addition of Mortick’s is clearly insufficient to bring barbs to solo DPS class parity. Barbs are underperforming as solo DPS and need a DPS buff. I and others have provided this data in detail about era 2019-1.

5 Likes

For most of these players with new items, their personal best was probably also due to a good RNG with a good map, mob type and density. I am happy for them as RNG was finally in their favor.

2 Likes

The argument against that is that 12 of 14 used new items. They could have just as easily kept their old build but they did not. Good/bad RNG would be there irrespective of build.

5 Likes

They just happened to be using a new item, and then got lucky with RNG, so they established with a personal best. They could have just as easily kept their old build, and then got lucky with RNG, and establish a new personal best as well.

4 Likes