Changes in armoury / web profile address

Hi,

Blizzard has “moved” the armouries / web profiles to diablo3.blizzard.com but hasn’t changed the View Profile button. As a result, the button still attempts to access armouries/web profiles on diablo3.com… fails… and gets re-routed to the Diablo III home page.

Hopefully, this is temporary… and will be fixed… soon™.   :slight_smile:

One workaround, in Chrome, is to interrupt the loading of the armoury / web profile (click on x on the address bar) and manually change diablo3.com to diablo3.blizzard.com followed by Enter .

Cheers !

11 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.

I already wondered, what had happened to the armoury pages.

Totally unwarranted and unnecessary change in my opinion.

Didn’t we have s/th like this a while ago?

@Blizzard: what’s the reason for this?

Hi,

You’re welcome.

Let’s hope that Blizzard will fix the issue with the View Profile button very soon; this is more than just an inconvenience…

Best of luck in your games !

1 Like

In addition to that, even if you do that, if it’s the profile of a player who does not have any heroes on the US servers (because they play on the EU or Asia servers), you’ll see a page like one…
https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/profile/BarahirHC-2331/

If you hover the mouse over the Europe link on that page, the target is…
https://eu.diablo3.blizzard.co/en-us/profile/BarahirHC-2331/

That will tell you that the site cannot be reached and that’s because the URL is missing an m from .com, and the actual URL should be…
https://eu.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/profile/BarahirHC-2331/

Yes - that is what I was trying to say when I created this topic : Another armoury address related bug but things don’t always come up right when I write in English. :man_shrugging:

Not sure why this is taking the Blizzard Web people so long to fix both errors… perhaps the coop student who wrote the script has gone back to school and will only be back later, assuming he/she returns.

Unfortunately, the websites are always 2nd priority to the respective games.

For example, the mobile link to the SCR forums hasn’t work for quite a while. And the SC2 achievements pages hasn’t worked for a couple years. :frowning: If they are getting worked on, it might be few and far between.

Hi,

In bureaucratese, that means it’ll never get fixed…
(because staff only work on top priority issues :slight_smile: )

I’m an optimist… so I’m still hoping that someone can look into this and fix it.

1 Like

The game is still the franchise’s flagship so I think they will fix it as well.

1 Like

C’mon Blizz… it’s been 2 months since this was reported. This post and this other one: Another armoury address related bug (error in URL when switching between regions when there is no profile in a given region).

You know we use these profiles to look at players equipment and skills to help them find what’s wrong… trying to load the profiles now is cumbersome and difficult to do because of the URL address fiasco.

Are you having trouble replicating these issues ? Do you need some help replicating the issue ? I’m sure you will recall all the data the community provided when you did the “Focus on freezing issue” PTR Pop-UP… if you need help, just ask !

Regards.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s fixed… it still wants to open the old URL but it gets rerouted to the new one.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

1 Like