How can i get the extra stash without doing set dungeons?

here is my worthless 66 year old opinion here
I HATE dungeon set in the journey!
I HATE THEM DESPISE THEM LOATH THEM.
They are my bête noire, my PITA.
Too old and too slow to do the Marauder even I have managed the Natalya once or twice.
I am going barb this season because IIRC I can still do the IK.
AS for the IK well spend all your mats on trying to get at least 5 pieces and voila Bob is your uncle. Usually I go for shoulders and transmute 10 DB 10 FS etc but yeah not with the IK obviously. Gamble all your shards with Barb too.
Hope one day (before I die) that Blizz will remove this RIDICULOUS requirement

1 Like

Thanx for the tip, Finally became Conqueror tonight, so have my extra stash i wanted. Thanx all for the tips

5 Likes

Yw. We were all new at one point.

2 Likes

Haha, well I finally broke through this kind of playing. problem is that there is so little in-game help, that i never tried anything else then waiting for the set dungeon that was alotted. So i never reached any further except sometimes when i gor marauder of Immortal, probably…
And yes, I can of course look at the internet, but that did not help me much (and i think of it as a little cheating, want to discover it by myself) as the hints how to do these set dungeons involved getting all kinds of stuff that i did not have. The real truth is, that if you push further to higher GR, You get so much more stuff… Never kew the trick with Saging your follower, and was always short in Death Breath; now have more then 250; after a few days of playing… Well, can’t wait for next season; probably go for Guardian then… :wink:

3 Likes

Unless they can replace the challenge with another, Set dungeons are here to stay to filter the rewards. They won’t serve one extra stash tab to everyone on a plate. Also I don’t mind Set Dungeons as they’re the only place that different seemingly unrelated skill runes have their use. If you look into it, some set dungeons give good hints towards the capabilities of the Set itself.

On the subject of guides; just don’t trust them. Trying to find out your own play style is much more rewarding and easier to do so.
These guides are designed for the most common denominator, your gear quality can differ from what’s shown in these guides and it matters. Guides you read over online is crafted for the lowest of lowest item quality and sometimes skip over details or useful skills.

If you have a skill that can phase through or pass over monsters, just try to incorporate it next to your movement ability; you need positioning more than survival to succeed it. If you need to lower your damage, try it with equipping a hand bare shield first instead of a dual wield or off-hand, else go for a fitting 2-hander instead. Sometimes Followers can be detrimental when you try to group up monsters too; dismiss them when needed to stay on monster aggro or try to mind their position on your mini map.

5 Likes

you have plenty of time to get guardian this season. good luck and happy to hear you got your stash tab.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is actually a problem.
Many guides go over the gear set for 5 minutes without clearly stating what is “must have”, what is a little helpful and what is in practice totally useless.

Some set dungeons also greatly benefit from having a second player tagging along and just cleaning out leftover mobs from the corners while the main player focuses on the objectives.

i know from all the replies you pretty much got this!! Grats!! Just figured id throw in my lot incase anyone else out there is in a similar situation as you …

After careful investigation for the last few seasons (minus this one) i have used Thorns Of The Invoker crusader build to achieve some extra stash tabs! The set Dungeon was fairly easy for me thankfully!

Important to note is I Am a FULL Fledged Clicker… i do not use keybinds so my play is not the best. I generally am slower at things than most including my husband who also plays lol! So yeah being able to do a Set Dungeon for me was like Lottery Day YAY!! Also for the most part I solo play since my husband cant always play (work)! So thankfully some of those conquests that roll around are easily soloed if you have the time and patience!

Thats all :smile:

i know from all the replies you pretty much got this!! Grats!! Just figured id throw in my lot incase anyone else out there is in a similar situation as you …

Argh Sent from wrong game tag. incase i get inspected lol this is the one with stash tabs on the invoker set

I can’t see peoples profile anymore for some reason, so I can’t tell if you have a clan.

But join a good clan and get help there.

Also join a season journey community too.

That’s because the forum’s “View Profile” button has the wrong URL as its target…

Also, the OP plays on EU so even if the “View Profile” button had the right URL as its target, it’d show his US Armoury page, not his EU Armoury page (which is where his heroes are). If you want to look…

I offered to help him a month ago…

After accepting his Friend request, over a period of a couple of days, I sent him 8 or 9 whispers offering to give him some help. I got no response to the whispers, so I gave up.

I’d still be happy to help him towards Guardian, but only if he’d read his whispers.

I am sorry that i did not answer your whispers. As a lonely player, i am not used to getting whispers, so miss them all the time. However, i will try to get in touch, as i am quite sure i can get all the Guardian goals, except the 3 conquests (guess Curses is the easiest, but need some more people (tried once, but got 125 monsters instead of 350 :wink:

Curses has to be done at a specific chest - not just any old cursed chest will work. Look for the bounty ‘Cursed Peat’ in Paths of the Drowned, Act V. Chest at top of the ziggurat is the one you want. You need to be able to do tons of AoE quickly. If needed, ask if any Multishot DH’s are around to help. Never tried it with a WD Munundugu, but imagine they could do it as well. WW Barb, etc…

It can also appear even when that bounty doesn’t show up in game. Go there and make a quick sweep around the portal. It won’t be far away and if you are running a speed build can check for it in around 30 - 45 seconds.

p.s there is another chest, but it is more fickle

This season, I’ve probably helped a couple of dozen people get Curses! done. I’ll join them and then cajole other players from chat to come help with the offer of virtual mugs of tea and a big thank you. It’s often more of a pain to find the right event than to find people willing to come help once you have it.

1 Like

the trick with curses is less about damage and more about attack speed. most 6p sets or lod gem can do t10 practically blindfolded with minimal gear. if you follow this you shouldn’t have any issues. if your still having trouble I’m sure you have a friend that doesn’t mind helping you. my favorite build for curses is a multishot UE dh. max attack speed and get enough cooldown to keep vengeance up 100% (37+%). stand to the far right just outside of the spawn location. you will be able to just stand there and spray everything in one direction. if your damage is high enough you should not even get hit. best advice i can give for finding the chest is as Nefertiri said. go to the path of the drowned waypoint and run about a screen around it. it’s pretty easy to find if it’s there. the only time you might not recognize it is if it is in the lower left corner of the waypoint. it looks kind of like a square hole in the ground. anyway, good luck with curses!

1 Like

I’ve never worried about attack speed when doing curses with UE. You’re right about everything else. (Though there may be an issue with CDR and Vengeance if you use a soul shard in helmet instead of a diamond).

i was speaking in general about all builds. i have done curses with many builds the limiting factor is usually attack speed and area of effect not damage.

1 Like

Oh, I clearly misunderstood you :grinning:

Yeah cursed peat is the easiest, but it’s a rare spawn. Can take a long time to find. The other one (the one in the prison with the fire from the gaps in the floor, where is it again, I’ve only teleport-to-player??) is still clearable by a lot of builds, but as I understand much easier to find? So might be faster option if you are confident in your clear speed.

For builds, UE MS works, but requires good positioning for a single player to cover all the spawn points, but it is possible right? Also for the other chest? And many other builds can clear it as well. The easiest build I’ve come across is typhon hydra. Just place hydras a bit apart, and you can literally afk. Only need to refresh hydras every 30 seconds. I cleared the other chest (the fire-in-the-floor chest) as only dps with that (it was close though), which is really all you need. Attack speed always helps ofc, as raider said.

Season 26 could be really good for solo casual players. Most of the Conquests are practically automatic, not needing to go out of your way really at all to complete them.

I personally, and without evidence, think both the scream drop rate and xp rate will be nerfed, but Echoing Nightmares should still be very nice for solo casual players. Collect a few screams as you do GRs and even if you only had maybe a half hour of game time you can run several back to back and get some augments and paragons and really make a lot of progress even if limited to short bursts of play time.

I dont think Season 26 has nearly the staying power of the past two seasons for players who dedicate a lot of time to a season, but for those that maybe just want a stash tab or some cosmetics it may actually be better suited. As is the case this time every season, it’ll come down to the final patch notes.