I’m sure everyone is on the hype train for the changes to other classes but there are still some things that DH can be excited for. Most notably is the addition of a 4th slot to Kanai’s Cube (which I’m hoping gets added permanently after the season ends).
One such build I theory crafted was to include the Captain Crunch set. Without the extra cube slot, one had to miss out on Hunter’s Wrath or Depth Diggers for the build to work, but now it is possible without losing so much damage.
The result is the following:
- 9,510,623 sheet damage (only incl. Taeguk bonus)
- 2,256,825,982 sheet toughness (incl. all 100% uptime buffs)
- 348,673,594 sheet recovery (incl. all 100% uptime buffs)
This theory crafted build would provide all these benefits:
- +45% Hungering Arrow damage (quiver/belt/pants)
- +134% Area damage (weapon/quiver/gloves/shoulders/paragon)
- +64%/480% Critical Hit Chance/Damage (optimal for quiver user)
- +1118-1328 Resistances (no Boar buff)
- +7%/7%/11% Melee/Ranged/Elite Damage Reduction
- +50% Damage Reduction (Wraps of Clarity)
- +100% Damage (Depth Diggers)
- +200% Damage (Hunter’s Wrath, also 30% primary attack speed)
- 55.85% Cooldown Reduction (1.5585x damage multiplier)
- 64.00% Resource Cost Reduction (already factored into toughness)
- 75% uptime on Wolf Companion (time averaged 1.1133x damage)
- 5.04 discipline Shadow Power cost (essentially 100% uptime)
- 100% Vengeance and Fan of Knives - Bladed Armor uptime
- Flexibility in legendary gem and passive skill choices
Some drawbacks are:
- No Convention of Elements (but this is offset by the CC3 bonus)
- No Elusive Ring (but this is more than compensated by the CC3 bonus)
- Limited to Hungering Arrow (must use Yang’s Recurve)
- Restricted weapon slots (no Fortress Ballista or Valla’s Bequest)
The build in the d3planner link assumed 3000 paragon with 120 augments and 150 gems (something doable by middle or end of season).
There are a few other variants I came up with that use the extra cube slot but this thread is specifically for Captain Crunch! Basically, you get all the damage but a TON of more toughness than the standard GoD6 build with near permanent SP - Gloom and the CC3 bonus.
Updated to include edits from later posts and the PTR version of the d3planner.