Blizzard closing petition for NS Altar

Moderator Note: We do not allow petition threads, that is why such a thread would have been deleted without comment as it was the Moderation Team that removed it and not Community or our Game Developers.

I am baffled at how terrible the communication from Blizzard towards the community has become.

Instead of adressing the wish of the community in any way, they closed https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/petition-altar-of-rites-to-come-to-non-season/62844/525 without any comment or even acknowledging its existence.

I understand that everything around this topic is just a business decision.
As a customer, I can make my own decision. Here it is:
Goodbye, Blizzard.

23 Likes

I hope for the best, but this is a bad sign!

2 Likes

Well. They have clearly communicated offically that the Altar is season only and that it was a mistake that it was said (in a campfire chat?) that it would come to non season.
Not communicated here but on the official twitter account, as linked to by people here (was it Avalon?).

I had hoped for the Altar in NS too.

If you read the one stickied thread, you’d understand that petitions are frowned upon.

It’s no surprise they locked the petition thread. What is surprise is that it took this long to happen. After all most of its posts were one or two users just bumping the the thread up with constant “Add Altar!” repetition. You really expect them to give any eff about that?

7 Likes

Well, they also said it was coming to all modes, had the launcher saying “try now” with only non-season being available “now”, and had it briefly appear in Asia non-season before they much later came out and said it wasn’t coming to non-season.

I think people wanted a better explanation of why it wasn’t coming to non-season rather than the Twitter, Oops, my bad, not coming to non-season, line.

People want to know what the rationale is behind it not coming to non-season when:
The altar gives valuable QOL that non-season players want also
Builds on non-season were nerfed to accommodate the Altar
The Altar itself was nerfed and would barely cover what was nerfed from the non-season builds.

It is Blizz’s game and they do not have to tell us :poop:. One thing they have to remember is, they need us, not the other way around. It is amazing that a business that treats its customers this bad still has as many customers as they do.

11 Likes

Diablo games are season focused. They doesn’t really encourage players to play non season.

Complaining on forum is meaningless as the they don’t monitor feedbacks from a dead game. Learn to Twitter.

After they went back on their promise to have it in NS during season 30, they also said it was going to be in NS after the season ended.

I haven’t seen a statement that it is not coming to NS after this season, but if it indeed doesn’t happen, then we have been lied to twice.

Sadly, this looks to be the ‘latest’ statement on the altar in NS. The long and short - it’s for seasons only.

Well, I hope that D4 continues to do poor. I’ll be putting my money in LE and Titans Quest 2. D4 is being so left behind that they won’t be able to catch up to rest of the gaming industry. And that makes my heart warm and fuzzy. If they bring the Altar to NS, I’ll take it all back, I promise.

You ruined it. People still await to see Altar next season and like the feeling of being oppressed instead of admitting that it has been a decade and game is shelved.

There’s always the next season if they alleviate the server storage, but again when there’s no money flow, there’s no incentive for them to do so. The money you paid them for retail? It’s already in circulation for their capital or other expenses. I don’t think Microsoft would care or even lift a finger for a decade old game either.

Businesses are businesses. Time to move on. Never thought that time has come. Starring at the spreadsheet i ve made from the last 12 years for 20 mins with mixed emotions and archived it. Getting ready for POE 2…could be another decade of spreadsheet work. Maybe not, energies are limited these days.

I never thought the day would come but the gacha mobile game I play (Mortal Kombat Mobile) is in a better state than either D3 or D4.

Being a gacha game, there are in game “loot boxes” purchasable using ingame currency.

They just released a new patch that introduces a “pity currency” for players to open packs with a guaranteed chance for character card or equipment upgrade that they need (i.e. it won’t be for anything maxed). This is a guaranteed upgrade.

Now I know that an ARPG is a different type of game but short of changing the primal upgrade cube recipe to have no equip restrictions, the altar and fissures were amazing QoL upgrades to keep the grind going in ALL game modes. I could easily keep running these all the time. But I’m not going to start a fresh character every 3 months to do it.

Is this a game or a chore?

1 Like

Wow, what a crappy thing to do. They can’t even pretend to almost care about players and fans of their older games.

Not surprised though. D4 fans will get this same bad treatment too, and it’ll happen even faster.

Corporate losers ruin everything

7 Likes

And topic was closed by our new community manager. Ok, good work. Looks like spit to the face of players. Would be nice to see comment about not adding altar to non-season.

6 Likes

You won’t get anything… no comment, no altar.
What has been done speaks for itself.

Personally, I haven’t touched D3 since start of current season. I tried a little and was instantly so bored that I cleared out my stash and stopped playing.

2 Likes

Arbitrariness, meanness, cowardice - THIS IS BLizzard’s new slogan

1 Like

Buck Flizzard
…
Buck Flizzard

5 Likes

If the original statement was a mistake, how did what the statement said make it into the live game, i.e. the altar was available on the live Asia servers for non-seasonal heroes (albeit briefly)?

8 Likes

I’ll be honest… as crappy as it is, I am not surprised in any way, shape, or form. I’ve grown used to how they treat their customers.

I mean, how hard would it be to simply tell everyone “No, it’s not going to happen” or give their rationale as to why they don’t want to do it. Sure, you’ll get the usual forum pseudo-scientists with their conjecture on how it’s good while slinging buzzwords, but you also have regular people who just wanted it.

They already did get the bad treatment… an unfinished, unpolished game release and here we are, almost a year later and it’s still not good.

7 Likes

And they’re expected to keep paying for it over and over and over again with their dumb battle passes and ridiculous $100 expansions

Then when those players complain, their discussions will be shut down too

5 Likes

That is 100% accurate.

On the sad flipside, some of those people are their own worst enemy. Watch… the game will still be in a “not good” state by the time the first expansion comes out, and many of the same people who complained about it will still buy the expansion.

Voting with your wallet…

8 Likes