Blizzard closing petition for NS Altar

Honestly - I treated it as a glitch, similar to the one a few seasons back that allowed some people to start new season with full gear from the previous one (also only on Asia region). But it’s just me.

2 Likes

Look at what they did with HC. They basically made it into a ghost town. When they gave US the Screams it basically killed HC. I would play HC every season till then. They gave US a area where you have 80 to 90% chance to Die!!!

I did play it this season because of the Shard. I did have go in there but only one time to get a Gem for the altar. I started that character about a month into the season. HC was a Ghost Town. Nobody playing in public games. You could go from Normal to T16 not any games on anything.

So the thing is how many people ask for special pass if you died in there. Did they listen no it was “To Bad To Sad for your luck”. Plus now you want them to listen now??? “Again To Bad To Sad deal with people”!!!

1 Like

Well, to be fair - they want you to… but you don’t need to. You can play without buying a Battle Pass and the game is exactly the same, except you don’t have access to some cosmetics while others who pay do.

I mean, I don’t like this crap either, but paying extra is entirely up to you. The prices are beyond ridiculous, at least in terms of those so-called expansions and the platinum in general. Especially in relation to the price of the game itself. But still, you don’t need any of that to play. it would look different if you couldn’t play seasonal content without a pass, but - at least for now - it’s not like that.

Oh I know. I’m a huge HC fan. Screams are a great idea but they should have had a fail safe for HC because, as you said, they’re not practical for HC. Not because of the challenge but the “ending” mechanic.

Sad to see, but not unsurprising

I mean, more time for non Blizzard games of one wants to look at the bright side

3 Likes

It’s regrettable the lack of attention that Blizzard shows towards its community. It seems they don’t value their users or care about their needs. I understand that Diablo III may no longer be a priority in terms of revenue, with the focus on Diablo IV. However, it would be beneficial for the franchise as a whole to maintain support for Diablo III. Just like in Overwatch, where they offer seasonal passes and skins to continue generating revenue, it would be prudent to implement similar strategies in Diablo III. This way, we could continue enjoying a quality product and prevent it from being abandoned by the company.

5 Likes

Even if it were simple things like extra character slots in D3, there would be profits for Blizzard.

5 Likes

Good Evening Mr. and Mrs. America, and All the Ships at Sea: News flash Blizzard has moved on from Diablo 3. :studio_microphone:

So why haven’t you??

6 Likes

I mostly have, thank you. I will jump on a season for a weekend if I missed something the first go-round.
You and your supporters can do the same thing over and over and over again if that is what you enjoy.

This is why their communication and quality doesn’t improve. Why should they? No matter how much people complain, they still throw money at it. They aren’t going to put in the effort to improve communication or their products until people stop reinforcing their bad behavior.

I haven’t thrown one cent at them for over a decade and do not regret it all, actually I am thankful.

All they need to add was something like if you survive a town portal, it ends.

TBH, I survive most of them, you just need to know your limits. If I am smoothly running GR100s, I slow it down around level 90 and let it start overwhelming itself.

2 Likes

Diablo 4 was the last thing I’ve bought in the past decade and I regret it. I think part of me wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I openly admit, I learned a lesson.

Between poor communication, poor treatment of customers, poor customer service, gaslighting, manipulating people’s posts/comments to tilt the needle in their direction, lack of professionalism, poor product quality, and then things like the point of this thread, it’s no wonder so many have little to no faith anymore. Did I miss anything, by the way?

You’re right… as long as people keep forking out money for this stuff, it’s not going to stop. And MTX exacerbate it. As long as Joe Blow continues to fork out half his earnings to pay play dress-up because he thinks people are stopping and staring in awe over his transmog, they’re going to continue eating up that cash.

Or even a “I surrender” type button which immediately ends it. Yes, HC is about “being careful” but that design (cool as it is) is just not worth it for HC. Risk =/= suicide.

2 Likes

You are being a :clown_face: over and over.

8 Likes

From what I recall from the PTR Feedback when the ENs were first introduced, it was suggested that there could be a safe area that you could enter (but not leave again) whilst you waited for the arena to become overwhelmed, i.e. stand here once you’ve gone as high as you want to / dare to. That way HC heroes could safely get out of combat at the level they felt comfortable with, rather than having to run around the edge of the arena, kiting mobs, hoping not to die whilst waiting for the overwhelm to fill up.

It wasn’t listened to, or listened to and ignored. Heck, they even removed the shield pylon.

6 Likes

And if the conduit pylon is still active it sometimes feels like taking forever to get ovewhelmed because the kill streak just keeps going up :smile:

Well, what have you done the last 30 seasons if not that?

These idea work too.

In rifts/GR’s, you have to survive a tp if you want to get out a very bad situation (unless you are by a door, of course). Either way works the same as normal game play, surviving a TP ends it or a safe spot simulating the door.

The problem, as we know, is they do not care about small player base non-season, so they are not likely to care about small player base HC.

1 Like

All you need is a different strategy in Hardcore instead of insisting what guides told you to do in Softcore. If you want to ensure to get overwhelmed but playing Hardcore, I would suggest to take Channeling Pylon first instead of Speed when you can afford to include a mobility skill on your action bar.

Nearing the tier 90, position near Channeling, active it then zip around the map to click Conduit and a small while later, get the Damage Pylon. Lastly, take Speed Pylon and run around three edges of the arena until you are overwhelmed by tier 125. With that you’ll have Speed and Damage together by the end to kill stuff if you are worthy, yet still have option to get overwhelmed to finish it.

You have to include a mobility spell to pull that strategy. If you can not include a mobility skill to your build, then go with Speed Pylon first as always. Looking into your mobility passives, invulnerability buffs (Smoke Screen… etc.) or giving a good look to your other class Sets which might offer extra mobility from their 2-piece bonus would help.

All in all, there are alternates to Echoing Nightmares by Season themes too. This current Season theme for example, the Lords of Hell, we just had Soulshards being capable of augmenting equipment for a 125 rank without even stepping into Echoing Nightmares. Have any of the Hardcore players of this current season felt the urge to step into Echoing Nightmares to risk losing their characters because they weren’t ready? I don’t think so.

1 Like

Put up with a game mode that I originally didn’t want to play in order to unlock QoL features like stash tabs, unlock cosmetics, and be able to play with clan members.

I didn’t play seasons from the go…

• I had no interest with S1 only doing the bare minimum in the last few days to unlock the conqueror transmog (which I don’t consider playing S1 at all)
  • I did S2 because all the clan members did it and I thought it would be a good opportunity to spend time focusing on speccing up an end game capable Sader
  • I leveled to 70 in S3 to get the cosmetic banner and do the requirements to get the Conqueror transmog. Deleted the seasonal character immediately so I could use that character slot in NS again for storage
  • I sat out S4 completely along with a few other clan members
  • Did S5 like almost everyone else for the stash tab

And I continued putting up with seasons because they keep locking things behind it.

I actually run two accounts… and when they started repeating the original set of cosmetics, I decided to forgo getting the Guardian chapter cosmetics on my main account: a) doing two journeys got a bit too much, b) stash tetris on two accounts got too much, and c) this account had the free character slots.

I don’t usually push… most seasons, I just farm gear to take back to NS. So seasonal LBs are little interest for me to participate in (though I will look at them to figure out what builds are performing etc). My seasonal paragon is usually somewhere between 700-1000.

Now that there are no new cosmetics and seasonal themes it makes next to no sense for me to keep playing seasons, especially when it’s a theme I have little interest in. And after doing fresh starts for 8-9yrs… it’s hardly fresh anymore. It just would have been nice for Altars and Fissures to be in NS… farming with these features is really the pinnacle of an ARPG farming experience for me.

Sure, you can say, just put up with spending a week or two gearing up a working farming build and unlocking the altar every 3 months and I can have this experience. I’m just sick of jumping through hoops for what should be standard end game, and not having full access to my roster of characters if I want to play with the features/game modes I want.

It’s also why I think D4 seasons were a massive missed opportunity to allow seasonal and non-seasonal players to play together but lock out leaderboard placement for anyone or teams using an eternal realm character. They can do it in D4 due to how monsters scale with the individual player, rather than the group/game instance. This means players who just want to use the same character/s without rebirthing can do so and still enjoy each season’s theme but also maintain the integrity of competitive modes.

These days, Blizzard has a bad habit of wanting to dictate to the players how their games ought to be played. And it’s going in a direction that no longer interests me.

5 Likes

Well, apparently they monitor it enough to close the ones they don’t particularly seem to care for…

4 Likes