Patch 2.7.7 is Live

What if it’s going to roll into NS after the season, with your seasonal character?

Alter didnt show up in PTR when seasons 30 was active, Which tells me its not happening now

2 Likes

We’ve also never had a theme come, then go away for one season, then come back as permanent either. The shore of game retirement is close, but we’re still in uncharted water.

We have an Altar of Lies :smile:

13 Likes

My hope (only hope, not declared truth) is that this is a server-side switch. Perhaps they have only one switch-on time that matches the season start and then everyone has the Altar available? It would mean no new client patches are required.

1 Like
7 Likes

It got my hopes up…
sigh… maybe next season then… or next year.

What garbage

Shameful

12 Likes

I don’t even care that much about non season… but it’s clearly the case that he did not just ‘misspeak’. The first version of the PTR notes also quite unambiguously mentioned the features for non season… before they sneaked in a change of words.

Why not admit that they encountered bugs, or just changed their minds? I don’t get it.

5 Likes

Well that sucks. At least it’s official now, no permanent altar and visions ever

Pretty much. Now everyone can rest. I was hoping it would of been a NS feature but …

And yes i was the one that asked in the tweet

2 Likes

Totally agree with Melkmann. Well said!! Same sentiments. Quitting diablo …

1 Like

This is crap. The patch notes very clearly stated the features would be available across all modes. I’m never playing this game again.

3 Likes

if they put the altar in non-season they would have had to rebalance everything around it. even though it’s very nerfed, it’s still a very large +GR boost for many builds.

They did, many builds received nerfs which they didn’t need without altar

11 Likes

That’s why they already destroyed several builds. And that’s across all modes.

5 Likes

Well, it’s not just Pez. Here is a copy/paste text from their current patch notes:

" Below you’ll find patch notes for the upcoming update to Diablo III: Patch 2.7.7. It goes live on January 9.

Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated.

New Permanent Features: Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity

Back by popular demand, the Rites of Sanctuary and Visions of Enmity Season themes have become a permanent fixture of Diablo III. "

5 Likes

Blizzard North Albany needs a stay-at-home, live-in PR person.

I agree. However, two things:

First, Pez made his definitive statement quite a while ago. Long before the 2.7.7 notes. Second, my snark comes from him not ever reaching back out to inform anyone that plans changed… that is, until after the fact.

6 Likes

The same appears on the North American version of the notes.

1 Like