New speed meta/RGK/4man meta changes

ASSEMBLE!

Enough is enough. Just found out bazooka wiz has done 148 and Necro has done 147.
Wiz 148: http://bbs.d.163.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=173790992&extra=page%3D2
Necro 147: https://imgur.com/a/r2LT10l

I’m tired of these two classes dominating D3 for YEARS.

WE ARE TIRED OF RAT RUNS!!!

Buff these other classes. We don’t want rat runs anymore. I feel like we’re being tortured almost. I understand some people like wizard and necro, but even those guys want to try something new.

It’s time to change things up. Make us want to play D3 again.

• Buff Lamentation to 300% on Barb so we can do some new speed runs.
  • Multi Shot is ICONIC. How is this not a trash clearing or speed meta build?
  • When was the last time someone has even seen a witch doctor? I know they just got that 142 clear and that’s fantastic, but let’s get them in some group play!
  • Sader, those new buffs look juicy. Double set bonus and an additional 800% multiplier? Fantastic. If that doesn’t work, buff blessed shield to 100%, boom trash clearer.
  • Monk, poor monk, you’ve been close to the bottom with us barbs for awhile. Idk about this new set. WOL is a great skill. Can we make that able to do meta speeds or something? Tempest Rush RGK?

I don’t want to hear a got dam word about op or balance. We’ve got 2 classes about to solo 150!

I know the classic games team doesn’t have a lot of manpower, but I guarantee. If they reached out and said pick one build to be made into a group play, we would gladly do the work of gathering empirical data and submitting buffs with sound logic. GLADLY.

I know not everyone is a fan of D3, but we’re still here 7 years after launch and that says something. Let’s make this happen. Let’s get other classes in the mix again.

You want people excited about D4 when it launches in a few years? Show us you are willing to listen and make the game fun for us.

Honestly, I’m surprised this hasn’t been said before. Why are our big twitch streamers not advocating for this? I just saw a video of them all together going over buffs and barb nerf and nobody has an opinion. Someone says “I hope you like rat runs” and all their faces just drop. YOU WERE RIGHT NEXT TO THE DEVS. SAY SOMETHING!

D4 won’t even be out “blizzard soon”. You really want to do rat runs for another 3 years?

I can’t be the only one that feels this way.

Stand with me Nephalem’s!

45 Likes

sVr actually did say that he is against the rend nerf and that he voiced his opinion with the devs. Just have to see if they do anything though.

10 Likes

That’s great. I’m glad someone said something. This is about more than barbs though.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you on this! I am too very excited about the coming of D4, but that is easily like 2yrs away, and meanwhile we still need to move on in D3 from S19-S33+.

2 Likes

TR is a HORRIBLE spec for an RGK. Generator Monk is likely the best since it stacks Stricken pretty damn fast, and can deal a lot of damage as long as it can stay alive.

4 Likes

It’s the whole game. Seven years and we’re no closer to class parity than we were on launch day. The level of mismanagement that takes is incomprehensible.

1 Like

Great story, needs more “thoughts and feelings” veiled as evidence to get your message across though.

1 Like

I don’t know monk very well. I’m glad you said something. Let’s really get this started!

Core problem to monk. Even at 8k with 150 augments, i can not stay alive effectively on 150. 50% DR is basic to every other set, but its so rare for monk. No idea why and its been requested for long time.

I guess the best protest is mock s19 LB with high tier zmk and zbarb solo clrs on 0% conduit open festering floors. Its completely doable with 100k keys. Brother christ will hook us up with the keys.

1 Like

It’s definitely time monk get’s a defensive ring. No more unity!
Same goes for sader!

Unity kills builds when it comes to groups.

1 Like

Actually I thought the Devs have a mental cap of 140-145 solo clears in mind, such that with seasonal theme buffs, no classes, regardless how much paragon and skill level, can touch solo 150 pre D4 launch? 148 is dangerously close even at this stage :thinking:

I think we all thought that. All of a sudden necro get’s a nerf in ptr and we get a whif of bazooka nerf. What happens? They actually start pushing and trying with the build and they get 148 and 147. They can probably go higher.

I think that is a prudent step in the right direction. Hitting solo 150 should still deserve a goal for the elites (closer to D4 launch).

Its completely doable on s19 if the kill streak bonus isnt balanced. Even on a zdps toon. It will take enormous amounts of fishing but completely doable.

Bazooka will be able to do it 100%. As long as they build for enough defense, it’ll happen.

1 Like

That I believe, would be ‘totally unintended’ :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

If they haven’t changed the the power of the S19 theme at all. There may just be a few classes/builds to hit 150 this season.

You’re talking about NS only OP.

Perhaps your thread should be in the NS forum.

Season is always close behind NS after 5 to 6 weeks anyway in Leaderboard.

Multishot is not used in groups mostly because of the lag that area damage + rockets produce…
Fun enough is that in most cases multishot does better against single targets (unless you use the physical rune in massive density).

In the barb subject… i think they should leave lamentation at 100% (mostly because if they make WW the strongest barb build is there almost no reason to play HOTA or SLAM, because WW is the strongest speedfarm build too), but instead increase hota and slam build damage to be able to do decent DPS in groups, i really want slam build being an efficient thrash killer.

In the other hand, the crusader buff… well… we were talking about it in the crusader forums, and we think that it will not survive, HF is dealing massive damage thanks to the 20k buff, unlike FOH, HF has a complete group of legendaries that makes the numbers go into the broken area…

I would love to see some buffs to some forgotten specs to change a bit the group meta spots, but i think the crusader will set will be nerfed.

1 Like

It’s fairly odd that they didn’t even consider this during the PTR.

2 Likes