If Diablo 4 does not have player trading, I won't be buying it - Long time gamer and fan

Or you can just farm items yourself. You don’t have to trade.

Farming and Crafting is not the same experience as trading.

Farming and Crafting does not encourage player base interaction.

I personally will get bored of Diablo 4 if unrestricted trading is not an integral part of its design. Blizzard already screwed over Diablo 3 by making drop rates stupid and practically “giving” away items every season to the point where it felt pointless to play as there was no “dopemene” rush when you actually found an awesome item. The whole feeling of getting rewarded was destroyed by hadrigs bags and 6+ drops of legs in each rift.

You literately had end game gear within 6 hours of playing the opening season.

It is these liberal philosophies that has resulted in the player base moving to PoE.

You cannot rid human nature out of the game when humans are the ones playing the game :wink: lol…

If you give players free stuff and take away the incentive to interact than there will be no interaction and people will get bored and leave. This is clearly evident at the start of every season. When season starts I could see 400+ bounty games 700+ rift games, etc… and 2 weeks later there are like maybe 30-50 bounty games and 70’ish rifts.

Where did they go? Back to Path of Exile :wink: lol…

There is clearly a way to ensure that trading can be unrestricted in Diablo 4 through the use of a “trading post”. This trading post can also be integrated into a website or a mobile application through the use of API’s.

A player in game anonymously posts a godly item to the trading post as well as a list of items he or she is looking for to trade it for. Other players anonymously post offers on the item available for trade. Let’s say for fits and shiggles, Player 1 is trying to trade the rune VEX for MAL and IST. The player can make such restrictions on the trade where you can only offer the two items needed. If players want to offer more they can. Such bigger offers would be ranked. For example, One player offers MAL and IST for the VEX and another player that really needs the VEX offers MAL, IST and UM.

The player that posted the VEX has the opportunity to view all offers ranked from best to worst and accept the best offer, in this case MAL, IST and UM :wink: When accepted the trade is executed on the back end seamlessly and the items are delivered to your stash and you are notified in game. All other trade offers are released back to the players that made the offer. All offers tie up the item to prevent traders from accepting trades where the trader no longer has the item to trade.

You can also post trades and accept trades using your mobile application on your phone of course :wink: or on a website. All 3 ways would work perfectly fine. This way you could trade at work or on the road and still stay immersed into the Diablo 4 trading economy.

Because this trading post is completely anonymous, there is no way to trade items for real money because websites that sell items for $$$ would have no way to identify you on the trading post and if you post 5 gold for VEX rune you’re never gonna get it.

Anywho those are just my thoughts on the situation.

2 Likes

But I never said I wanted to play SSF. That was your silly attempt at trying to shove everyone into 2 categories.

I have absolutely no problem with group/timed trading, the way D3 has it, for example.

Further, I don’t play solo - or rather, I will play solo but enjoy multiplayer much more.

I don’t care about others progressing faster. What I care about is that such progress is in part based around utilizing open trading, and I find trading to be a tedious exercise at best. I want to be playing the game, not advertising wares.

1 Like

nice. enjoy your ban, troll.

Are you implying that if open trading is the game then you’ll be forced to trade? Are you unable to just not take part in such activities if you find it tedious? I don’t see any logic in excluding a heavily requested feature (which was a HUGE part of D2 btw) just because you are not interested in it. Not sure how that affects you if you don’t care about other players progress faster.

Trying to make some changes.

Um. Because I like to progress fast as well? Which means that if open trade is in the game then yes, I have to use it.

Here’s the problem with trade. Without trade you have 1 step to find the gear you want: 1) Item drops. (Or, ideally, you have other ways to get it through quests/events/crafting/etc).

With trade you have more steps: 1) Item drops. 2) Find someone who wants what you have and has what you want. 3) Trade.

Where’s the appeal? Why would I want a longer process to get the item I want?

He chooses not to utilize trade but when others put in the effort and time to gain an advantage from trade he becomes jealous.

1 Like

Just progress as fast as you can without trading then :woman_shrugging:

I spent some of my D2 time in a Ladder Selffound Community and we never had any trouble to gear our characters thanks to good planning and team oriented loot sharing.

Your argument is nonsensical. Now you’re saying that you can’t progress without trading. I’ll repeat what I said earlier, if you don’t want to trade then don’t trade. It’s that simple. This is the whole point of the Solo Self-Found (SSF) option. It works perfectly fine in PoE.

I hope Blizzard realise that if the trading system is too restricted, people won’t be happy. It needs to be as open as possible. Perhaps only the 1 mythic item you can equip is bind on pick up, plus items like hellfire amulet from special uber events.

There needs to be ample room for people to trade top tier items. Just have it so that not entirely all top tier items are tradable, as I wrote above. Then it meets the design goal of stopping someone from buying all of their gear.

And another thing, in regards to that last point. Anyone can just buy a top equipped account from a farmer or player who is quitting. So, keep trading as open as possible please, very little restrictions - only on a few key items should bind on pick up be used.

As for bind on trade, that’s not so bad. If there’s a good reason to have it, such as preventing people buying items cheap only to resell for more, don’t see a huge problem with it.

D4 is made with PvP in mind. Luckily that there is no Open Trading in D4 or else, it will be the world of credit card warrior.

This guy is back, still unable to listen. Seems he can’t even take in information.

Diablo 4 has open trading. Just certain items are restricted. Blizzard seemed to suggest that many top items will be tradable, just not all of them.

Blizzard has asked players for feedback, and we are giving it. If Blizzard wants to sell 30 million copies of Diablo again, or even half that, they’d better listen to the concerns of all the players who play Diablo 2, and who have quit D3 long ago.

Kilometer, you seem to be against trading so much. Diablo 3 is the game for you. I’ll bet you’ll still buy Diablo 4 even if it has full trading without restrictions. Just like most other “boohoo no trading” trolls, who claim to be against trading, yet admit they’ll still buy it even if it has trading.

people want deep and interesting itemization yet they dont realize how open unrestricted trading is going against that idea

How is that open trading when it has a restriction? As I said before, luckily that endgame items can’t be traded or else it would be hell for legit players, especially for a game that made with pvp in mind.

Of course I will buy D4 even if it has a full trading, and I will make sure myself abusing it to the fullest as well just to destroy those legit players who don’t spend real money. I can’t wait to see those legit players later crying and beg Blizzard to release the Self-Found league because they can’t compete with credit card warriors in D4. Again, luckily that D4 doesn’t have open trading.

D3 already sold more than 39 million. I think you guys, D2 doesn’t do a very good job of stopping D3 keep making sales.

Even D3 Switch sold 100k in the first 2 days.

Just like you who will still buy D4 even if there is no trading. I hope you enjoy trading potion and crafting mat with people in D4 considering there is nothing valuable enough to trade in D4.

There can not be any restrictions on trading. In my opinion trading is just as important as killing monsters. If you want to play solo self found then there is nothing stopping you. If someone wants to trade for a really rare item, usually trading their rare item for a different rare item, why shouldn’t they? It’s how they want to play and keeps the community alive. By putting restrictions on trading you are telling them how to play the game. What’s the point of having cool items if you can’t share them? Please do not add restrictions to trading.

If for some reason they do have any restrictions on trading.
misc - always tradable, stuff like gold and the skill tombs they were talking about.
normal - always tradable
magic - always tradable
rare - always tradable
set - always tradable
legendary - always tradable
ancient set - bind on equip not pickup
ancient legendary - bind on equip not pickup
mythic - bind on equip not pickup

Everything should be tradable at one point in time at least.

2 Likes

Wrong; trading offers more opportunity for casuals. If they are blessed by the RNG gods; they could trade their valuable loot for things they need instead of investing more time in grinding.

2 Likes

You’re clueless. The devs already said some of the most powerful items will be tradable. Just not all. Also a lot of powerful items will be bind on trade, not bind on pick up.

If it’s just potions and crafting mats, which good job it’s not, I won’t play. A lot of people asking for meaningful trading, not just potions and mats. Plenty of people will boycott this game if trading is too restricted. Blizzard has to find the balance of not restricting trade so much that players wil boycott.

Exactly, screw that bound to account b.s.

2 Likes

I’m sure lots of people will boycott too if there is trading! ^^

People will never agree on this topic. But damn I hope they restrict trading either completely, or at least keep trading only below legendaries.

3 Likes