Barb Nerf = No S19

That’s a shock actually. I thought Blizzard completely gonna ditch this game to the dirt and go with monotonous number tweaks. If what you said is true, now they have to come up with something good for long term engagement? We may have more than we ask for D3 at this Blizzcon may be?

If they stick to the tweaking numbers, sorry to sound rude but I’ll start to doubt their intelligence and education as they keep nagging this yardstick model longer for “player engagement”. This model didn’t save Diablo 3, it only prolonged its life span as an applied band-aid. It’s beyond me how Travis Day could give speeches on it and brag about “saving Diablo”, honestly.
They had all the damn resources they could ask for, they only applied a band-aid and called it a day.

It need a slight nerf.

Otherwise, we will be back to the Vyr amger 2 seasons later.

Also, fairness is not about evalvating the negliged class above everyone else. Its about making the class in line with the others.

Otherwise, we will be forever in a loop where there will never be reasonable balance.

No it doesn’t, nothing will happen if it goes live.
At the very least, it will be fun to play the barb again.

2 Likes

Did you write something like this one or two seasons before?

1 Like

I believed so. Any more questions?

No you didn’t. I just checked your profile and read your posts, nothing about asking for Chantodo or Vyr’s nerfs or nerfs for any other classes at all.

You said you support buffing the Spite mojo in this thread:

Spite Mojo Feedback

Your post:

You also had nothing against buffing barbs in this thread:

2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

Your post:

Funny that before barbs received their long awaited buffs you had no problems jumping on the support barbs train. :roll_eyes:

Once they did you’re asking for nerfs, because suddenly they have a chance to have the best DPS build in game. Something they NEVER had before (in RoS)…

1 Like

If this really happend, I’ll say having 2 barbs in 4-man meta is as stupid as Rat runs. Having everyong play barb is not a good thing in any way.

Not everyone is going to play barbs and those who jump to the new power can have it. There will still be plenty of people who try it and do not like the play style or get bored. There’s others who will still have their favorite build they will play in its place.

Shouldn’t be all the “he said she said”. It is what it is and even IF the barb ends up On top, of its only by a GR or two, they won’t care unless it’s the fabled 150 GR. Didn’t the choto go for two seasons before the nerf? It hasn’t even been the start of the new season and already the shlt storm starts.

3 Likes

So it’s ok that 4 players group of star pact Wizards with 2-3k paragon can clear 150GRs in 5-8 minutes, but it’s not ok for barbs to clear 140-145 GRs in 10-14 minutes?

Seems fair :roll_eyes: (sarcasm)

3 Likes

I don’t see that as a problem at all, many play solo.
Btw, the meta, just like top GR’s, should not factor in at all
as far as balancing goes.
Balancing should be done by what a character does solo, and by the
vast majority of people, not the 1%.

3 Likes

Believing is not equal to knowing. And, apparently, you are lying.

2 Likes

And that folks is the issue. Way too many Day’s to get to where we are now and the path that has gotten us here.
They will never make it to where it could have gone.
Burned up the Hells many years ago, too bad too.

I support WW buff, I support Barb buff.

I just do not support one build being significantly better than others, like Chadoto was for a few seasons.

Otherwise, 2 seasons later, peolpe will complain, “is there any reason to play anyone but Barb?”

Its not hard to understand.

1 Like

Significantly? In what way, or meaning, are you using this term? Besides, as it was pointed out, you never asked for nerfing Chantodo.
Do you really believe, because it is not thinking, that people will complain, “is there any reason to play anyone but Barb”?

2 Likes

Wizards have been incredibly powerful for many months now and yet I don’t even have one on my account because I don’t like how any of the sets play. I had a Crit Mass Wizard back in vanilla, and had one long enough to master the Wizard set dungeons months ago and then deleted it. Don’t assume that just because something’s flavour of the month everyone will play it. Similarly, my very first hero was a WW Barb and it’s been that build ever since, i.e. almost seven and a half years. Some of us play stuff because we enjoy the gameplay regardless of whether it’s the most effective or not.

5 Likes

Funny, you had nothing against chantodo being the strongest DPS build in game before the barbs buffs and now suddenly you’re complaining about one build being significantly better than others?

Smells like hypocrisy to me :roll_eyes:

You sound like someone who changes sides based on what’s popular on forums.

Before the barbs buffs you had no problem supporting them, because it was a popular thing to do and most players did it.

Now many players ask for a nerf, so you can’t help yourself not to join them, although I doubt you even cleared a 135-138 GR with that so called OP WW rend build, just base your arguments on ONE player with over 10000 paragon :roll_eyes: who’s the best D3 player (in the world)…

If Blizz listens to “players” like you they’ll spit into the face of the entire barbs community and loose even more loyal players or potential D4, D2HD buyers…

If they care about what’s left of the D3 RoS playerbase they won’t listen to arguments based on ONE player with 10000 paragon or else they make a joke of themselves…

3 Likes

It isn’t though, meaning ww. Clear of 140 on ptr done by 10.5k para player in gg gear. Still lower than the 144 on live (estimated nerf means 142-141) for wiz and necro cleared 142. Not sure where their nerf leaves them. WD has 140 down.

In reality this buff puts barb in the top 3 for NS. People asking for nerfs to this are nuts, because there isn’t any evidence that WW needs to be nerfed. It’s based on the supposition of one player that the build could go 144-146. Maybe on season, but from what I saw in the 140 clear that gr looked like the ceiling for that player.

I’ve never seen a formula break down that WW barb is stronger than Wiz, because I’m guessing that if you were to put the damage multipliers in formula Wiz would come out ahead in damage output. That’s why we have trolls linking graphs and parroting ZeDark etc.

One last thing, the longer the devs take deciding WW fate, the more time wasted for Monk/Sader adjustments. Which quite frankly are needed more than a troll pleasing nerf to WW barb.

Leave barbs alone.

3 Likes

It is based on the supposition of more than 1 player.

darkpatator provided a detailed explanation/rationale in two posts about his estimate of the top potential of the ww/rend build if it goes live as is.

Could you please provide a counterargument to show why his points are in error?

You can start by explaining why equipping a Flavor of Time amulet would not increase the top GR clear in comparison to the hellfire amulet that he used for his 140 clear.

Then you can explain why equipping a skill with a wrong rune will not make a difference to this builds clear potential.

Then you can explain why the pylon type/order would not make a difference for this builds clear potential. For example, explain to me how not having a power pylon for your boss kill would make no difference in the top GR clear potential.

Then you can explain why equipping ancient augmented shoulders would not make any difference in clear potential versus using non-ancient shoulders.

Then you can recount all the times where a buff has gone live using the same numbers as on the PTR, where the top live era clear does not end up at least 3 greater rifts higher than the top non-season PTR clear?

Etc,

I’ll certainly be able to test the build’s potential to go above GR140.
You know, just as soon as I earn another 7500 paragon levels.
Can you wait a couple of decades for the results?

5 Likes

Comparing WW to other builds in PTR include chadoto build, it’s significantly better.

We know how WW scale compare to others. We have PTR leaderboard. It’s not exactly science but it’s fairly clear we doing the best.

I don’t want to make 4-5 different post to reply to everyone that commented on my comments.

Someone claimed I did not called for chadoto nerf specifically and just follow the trend. Serious. Is there a price for most likes? I must be missing something.

I am not a fan of chadoto being OP, if I didn’t speak out, it’s because many others already did so, and I have nothing to add.

I made a point WW need nerf because we will be the same situation as chadoto, because we know from experience of chadoto. Context!!

People need to make baseless assertions of character.