Spite Mojo Feedback

As fun the mojo is, and thanks for adding it! ,Garg Dps needs a big increase to be viable in todays game.

Right now its more viable to run fury in cube over spite and run cold gargs for way more dps, dont nerf fury its awesome btw! Bring a in 4x damage boost to gargs on spite mojo to bring it in line with carnevil and jade, even then u doubt it would overperform.

Also Echoing Fury does not proc from wd pets btw atm! ^^

Cheers! x

14 Likes

+1
Absolutely BDD. I hope this mojo doesn’t go live as it is currently.

1 Like

Agreed! Cleave on all Gargs is very needed, but without a damage modifier, this build is still WAY behind other WD options. Simply adding 400-500% modifier to spite would create another build alongside darts and jade.

1 Like

Agreed, TY for the attempt Bliz.

Personally unless it get major buffs I have no desire to craft it live. Elemental damage? A better affect (all pets attack the target you are)? Gargs gives 30% damage reduction (be like serpents)? 50% crit damage? 500% Garg damage and Gargs still wouldn’t be that good imo (Helltooth gives Gargs 9000% damage increase.)

Easiest fix would just be to also add a multiplier to Spite.

All runes cleave is super needed utility to allow diversity, but pointless when you have to sacrifice a mojo with a damage or toughness ability and could just choose humongoid rune instead. A damage modifier would make Spite a viable trade off choice.

4 Likes

Full support on this. Garg WD was so underwhelming last seasons. Here is the chance to give them some buffs again.

Adding a multiplier to the mojo itself would be the right decision.

1 Like

Yep, by addressing Gargs with Spite changes, it shows that patch creators were interested in adding to that build option. Damage multiplier for Gargs to go with the cleave is a relatively quick tweak to make it worth considering as a trade off with Serpent, Cat, or Frog Mojos

support damage bump!
Make Grag great again! Diversity is our strength

Agreed. Simply giving Cleave to garg as legendary power is not enough. Also, garg AI is still horrible as usual.

Did some additional testing and comparing numbers on my kitted out non-season WD’s.

A 500% additional multiplier to Spite would bring a Garg build within 5 GR’s below the clears of Jade if the Garg player manages the dopey AI (part of the charm of the build honestly) near perfectly.

Honestly, I play the Garg build for fun and would be happy enough to have a different (if slightly inferior) gr push build. If Spite goes live as is no one will use it over snake, cat, or frog, and that’s a shame because this is a FANTASTIC utility change and I applaud Blizz for trying to address one of the biggest WD community requests.

2 Likes

I remember being against adding a multiplier for ranslor’s. Now this item multiplier is in the game and for a twister build you have to use these bracers even if you Don’t want the twisters to pull. For certain builds I only care about the multiplier and could be using other means to group enemies. Now my bracers and cube slots are occupied when they could have been open (think nems, ABBs, APDs, Aughild’s).

Spite is in a similar position. There will be players that won’t want to use this item but have to if it has a multiplier. Think of all the other Mojo’s you could equip!

The correct fix would be to increase the damage of the cleave rune, and / or enhance other runes, and / or increase multipliers for Garg where they already exist…

If the cleave rune hit for more, and the other runes offered more, it would make this item more appealing while not making it absolutely mandatory.

Keep in mind I have very little WD experience. I am just speaking from having been in this situation before with wizard.

1 Like

To make it really worthwhile, they could also add Zombie dogs get the leeching rune and 400-500% increase in DMG for both gargs and dogs. The dogs are well in need of a little love. They can be summoned in so many ways, it seems silly to only use them as a shield, when grasp, mass, BBV, humunclus and passive etc can summon them.

1 Like

Not necessarily the case here. The damage modifier wouldn’t take make it mandatory, the modifier is needed to make it competitive. The issue Spite has is it’s competing with a slot that currently gives damage or DR. If it get a modifier, then you can go Spite with a different rune, or can Cube something else and go cleave rune. More choice. Granted, unlikely they’ll balance them perfectly, so one way might be the “best” option, but as it stands spite is just unusable.

Good thoughts Cratic. I agree that another way to balance Gargs would be to increase damage to the base skill or other existing multipliers and that it’s ok to have some utility only legendaries. Sadly, In this particular case I don’t think cleave on all runes when it already exists on humongoid is a big enough reason to choose spite over any other mojo besides maybe shukranis.

Also, as a WD player who switched to Wiz this season, your guides for cold Vyrs were extremely helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

Dear Blizz - why you keep ignoring our garg, bear & Acid cloud builds.

Let the pets proc fury, and also benefit from it. See what this leads to. This is after all a Test server right?

I think making fury an on-hit proc would be better, as that means it works for all classes on rift guardians. Also keeps the flavor of the item by making you continue attacking relentlessly.

Really hope Echoing Fury and Spite both get a retooling before patch launch. Should be a fun season!