Barb Buffs in 2.6.7: Feedback and Analysis

Band of Hollow whispers might help a little also. Don’t know what followers peeps are using but the haunt is cold rune by default. Don’t totally remember if it chills though i appeared to have salvaged all of mine. (googled it does appear to slow :stuck_out_tongue:) wouldn’t provide much but a little bit here and there would be nice.

I like changes for WotW set so much. Much less lags fills so good.
I think if developers change dust devils rune to not spam twisters, but do something lag free, that would make set even more lag free.
I am not a pro, I see only few bad consequences of that: twisters help argue mobs, they increase healing from crits with blood funnel or StP rune and they probably gives fury with Wind Shear or Weapon Master. If there are more problems from missing, point them.
Ground Stomp and Spear gives us plenty of grouping capabilities.
They can buff fury regen from Bul-Kathos set to solve fury and healing ( we can spam battle rage to heal from spending fury) problems.
Please discuss this proposal and explains if you against it

I think your list is missing LoD HotA which seems to be stronger by 1-2 GRs than Crimson Frost on live and Fjord+Destruction have slightly better improvements than Remorseless so those two builds should be pretty close. No clue how R6 HotA fares these days.

Overview of my test-results so far:
|GR|time|build|powers|
|115|11:11.833|IK HotA|Remo + EF|
|115|10:41|LQ-Rumble|Destruction|
|115|9:08|Permafrost|(e)Peak + ©Fjord + ©FotA| RoRG+EW+BoM + IK2

|117|13:18.616|IK HotA|Remo + EF|
|117|14:11|LQ-Rumble|Destruction|

|118|13:47.166|IK HotA|Remo + Sun|
|118|13:37|LQ-Rumble|(e)Peak + ©Fjord|
|118|13:44|Permafrost|(e)Peak + ©Fjord + ©FotA| RoRG+EW+BoM + IK2

|119|2x failed|LQ-Rumble|(e)Peak + ©Fjord|
|119|14:20|Permafrost|(e)Peak + ©Fjord + ©FotA| RoRG+EW+BoM + IK2

So even non-Crimson MotE(6)+IK2 Permafrost with an equipped Peak is at least equal to IK HotA and LeapQuakeRumble. I even ran the unnecessary Weapons Master (Fury shoulder Ancients keep me Fury capped) instead of something more useful like Berserker Rage or Rampage.

Peak Permafrost Setup:

• cubed: Fjord, Fury of the Ancients, RoRG
  • equipped: Peak, Destruction, Traveler, Rose, BoM, MotE (6), IK (2)
  • gems: Stricken, Trapped, Zei
  • skills: Permafrost, TaO Ancients, DoA Leap, Falter, Bloodshed, Insanity
  • passives: No Escape, Ruthless, Boon, Weapons Master* (sub-optimal)

I´ll test the same setup later with equipped Fjord + EF and cubed Peak. Sad I haven´t played softcore after Crimson was buffed, would really love a direct comparison. I´d say Crimson Frost is at least 2-3 GRs higher than the stuff I tested so far, based on the runs I did in HC (easy GR117 clear with 1400 less effective paragon than I have now in softcore).

2 Likes

Titannova also did Some IK HotA runs yesterday. Can’t pass GR130. The big issue is still EOF.

This agrees with my experience. LoN should be 3 level ahead of IK. LON and R6 should be close. Maybe LON is a bit higher. Maybe as someone mentioned, 50% HotA speed or increase remorseless buff number is welcome.

2 Likes

Did you try running MOTE6-IK2 with FOTVP in hands, Fjord + Fury + RORG in cube, and using Rumble as spender? I gave it a quick try, also running with Weapon Master to maximize fury refill, seemed like in high density I could completely fill the fury bubble at least 2x per second…

Nice idea, but how did you trigger slow/chill at range? Intimidate is probably our best bet hmm. I´ll test it.
Rumble damage is still 620% + 2 * (current Fury - Slam skill Fury cost) * 15% per cast? Slam skill cost is 13.5 with Peak and 10% paragon RCR so you need at least 18 Fury when you use Rumble to outdamage Permafrost.

With or without Insanity, Ancients attack 2.5-times per sec, so they generate 3 * 2.5 * 4 = 30 Fury per second → 33 with Templar. The next breakpoint (44 Fury per sec) requires Gogok stacks.

Rumble proc coefficient is 0.111 IIRC so Weapons Master generates 0.2442 per hit so 0.7326 per cast as Rumble hits 3 times (main + 2 tremors).

On paper, that should work OK.

Update 1: GR118 in 9:52, which is 4-minutes faster than with the other builds.
Setup: Fjord+EF Permafrost, MOTE6-IK2, Killing Spree over Falter.

Update 2: Nah, I don´t like Rumble spam. I swing “air” way too frequently, thanks to the 1.5x attack speed multiplier on Fjord. Permafrost feels extremely good and EF is up a lot.

|118|9:52|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA||
|120|14:22|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA||
|121|13:02|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA||
|122|15:07|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA|| FAILED
|122|17:05|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA|| FAILED
|122|16:14|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA|| FAILED
|122|13:51|Permafrost|MOTE6+IK2 + Fjord + EF + FotA|| CLEARED

So MOTE6+IK2 Permafrost is around 3 GRs higher than IK HotA and LeapQuakeSlam, and that´s not even the best Permafrost build. :thinking:

Also holy hell, Juggernaut elites… :frowning_face:

1 Like

For anyone who missed it, darkpatator discussed the current potential of the ww/rend build if the PTR goes live as is.

1 Like

I heard titannova spent 200keys on IK HotA 130 runs…failed. Lol

GR123 in 14:58.583 with MOTE6+IK2 Permafrost. Hot a primal Band of Might so upgraded to 54.3% CDR. This Slam variant is really solid, but Crimson instead of IK2 would probably push it another 2-3 levels.

Props to him for seriously testing other builds beside WW/Rend.
He has cleared GR136 in 12:14 so that´s like a 139-140 on a similar map.
Paragon 6075 + 1340 augments = 7415 effective paragon.
That´s a huge performance gap.

Ik Hota and SS both still need a little buff, SS maybe like 50% and ik Hota between 50-100%?
we could nerf the raekor 4pc and buffing ik 6pc so that charge won’t be affected that much for ik hota but i wouldn’t buff ik so far that it makes LoD obsolete
4000%–>6000% on 6pc and the rest if neccessary buff on remorseless
i also wouldn’t mind buffing EQ while buffe MotE ( yet i doubt they would do that this season)

Barbs! Check this topic pls

I just did a more realistic comparison between ww barb and chat wiz on non season ptr. Compared level 3400 ish para and i ended up with 118 13 mins so could prob get a 120. And looked at nerfed chant wiz and they were at 124 so I would say leave barb alone for nerfing. The guys at near 10`000 para should be in there own class not with players at 3k or even 5k they will always win.

5 Likes

So you can only do 120 @ 3.4 k para with the new buffed WW barb?? Lol . Git gut I’d say

i created a dh on ptr season and “pushed” with shadow 800p gems around 30 and did a 110 first try thats the same as barbs did (not all obviously but i could have gone 2 higher with dh just by fishing)
problem is that no one is seriously pushing the other classes because there are no changes (other than the 2 underperforming sets)
it’s funny how so much ppl whine about barb getting a boost when THERE IS A F*CKING WIZ IN THE GRP THAT ONE-SHOT HALF THE SCREEN ON GR150 4 PLAYER -.-

9 Likes

Amen, Sinured.

Barbs are finally strong and no one is really pushing with other classes. The result is, of course, that Barb looks deceptively OP.

Here’s hoping the devs don’t tone down our buffs. But even if they do–if–we still got buffs, and they’re likely to still be substantial!

3 Likes

PTR is now closed, check pinned message of the first page of PTR Feedback page.

oh hi free,
well i really hope there is more coming this ptr, a small buff to hota/ss or at least the new sets to be competative
if they just nerf ww and that’s it i might not playing next season again and it would be a shame because the season-theme is interesting

The award for best wise crack goes to Bastich.

Pert, crackling, and cutting.

Pick up your trophy at the front desk because…

1 Like

PTR is over, but I’m hoping they adjust HOTA/SS numbers before it goes live. Those builds still need more buffs!

10 Likes

I’d like to thank my Mum (Mom for you other guys), Red Shirt Guy, Mr Plow and all the Barb hating trolls.

Thank you guys.

On a serious side kudos to the hard working barbros who make playing barb even better.

5 Likes