Proposal for remorseless PTR 2.6.7

Hi all barbs! I am from Russia and I play d3 in EU region. I am sorry for my bad English. I got one proposal for new remorseless legendary passive and I want ask you, especially Free and Prokahn.
My proposal for Remorseless * New Legendary Power: Hammer of the Ancients gains two additional hammers and deals [200-250%] more damage While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active.

This new power “gains two additional hammers” like holy point shot quiver for impale DH build or like fate of the fell two-handed flail for crusader heavens fury build.
I think If remorseless will gains two additional hammers it will be must fun, crazy and cool and maybe barb get meta group with this build because we can do more damage.
What do you think about this? If you support my proposal can I ask you to write this proposal on PTR feedback because my English is so bad and I can’t continue this discussion with you about this proposal.
I don’t understand about number of damage in this proposal, and maybe that’s not enough and we need also additional property “hammer of the ancients attacks 50% faster” like on bracers of the first man.

7 Likes

I have similar thought.

I feel like the new IK HotA is still like 8-9 GR level behind WW Rend. This means another approx. 3.5x-4x multiplier is needed.

My thought is to change the legendary affix of remorseless to “While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, Hammer of the Ancients deals [200-250%] more damage. Call of the Ancients hammer nearby enemy as you do.”

2 Likes

with out the itsvans we lose to much attack speed to use the remorseless. the added hota damage is nice but to make the remorseless work we need a complementary weapon not the sankis not the sunkeeper and not the echo, that gives what we are missing from the istvans to make the remorseless viable.

yes the attack speed loss is the problem with the remorseless

You know that echoing fury gives 75% attack speed buff at 5 stacks, right?

And remorseless alone provides 3.5x multiplier which is higher than the total of IB’s attack speed and damage multiplier (totally approx. 1.69x).

2 Likes

the echoing fury runs dry at the rift boss if he has no adds and is gonna take to long on the boss

and they are gonna nerf the ww build

You evaluate a weapon effectiveness solely by RG fight with no adds?

And remorseless damage bonus outweight the loss of attack speed from IB in RG fight even there is no adds.

Echoing fury + remoreseless combo wins IB by miles during the whole rift and boss fight no matter there are adds.

1 Like

the ik hota build relies on the fire rotation of the coe . you want to apply as many hits as you can on the fire rotation . the hota bonus of the remorseless is not worth the attack speed loss. even if its more damage the more hits of the istvans is winning out. 30% more attack speed 30% more damage and defense.

what we need is to have a new gavel of justice with a 50% attack speed bonus and a 50% damage reduction with up to 1000% hota damage. and cube the remoresless

2 Likes

We need a faster Jackhammer!

It absolutely is worth it.

We’re talking about 30% damage and 30% IAS vs 250% damage. You will get higher clears with Remorseless, period. Giving up IB is not the problem.

The problem is that Remorseless needs a larger multiplier to boost the build that extra little bit to put it into closer competition with other major Barb builds.

1 Like

Free, what do you think about my proposal?

I appreciate and respect the creativity, but I don’t think it’s a good solution.

The current Remorseless buff is clean, simple, and requires no additional work, graphically or otherwise. It’s a simple multiplier, but effective.

The buff needs to be increased to 350-400%, possibly higher, but its otherwise fine.

Increasing Remorseless damage bonus is simple and effective but monotonous. I would prefer something more creative, more game play engagement or with kinda manageable uncertainty.

If it is a plain damage bonus increase i would say it needs to be around 1200%.

Be realistic. Not happening.

These are the types of buffs we’re getting (this patch, anyway). Their focus is on the new sets.

Rend got overhauled because it was flat-out broken. Nothing about IK HOTA is broken. It just needs a bigger multiplier.

haha, ya, i know that.

the problem with the remorseless is the life per fury spent, attack speed is the key when in high density.

But if you use Mortick’s, you’re already getting more LpF than you used to. Mortick’s + Bloodthirst or LpF on belt and you’re good to go. I’ve tested the build in PTR and the healing is fine in the 125+ range. Damage is what holds the build back and we got more damage. Remorseless could use a bigger multiplier, but a little less attack speed is not going to hold the build back.

Even if the item goes live with the current PTR values, it’s 100% better than the IB set.

the build needs a multiplier . attack speed over time ? or single target damage . ive always wanted them to bring back the barbs double two hander capability. the gavel of justice in one hand and the sunder in other hand . the hota damage would be for single target and the sunder would have splash effect for the density .