Barb Buffs in 2.6.7: Feedback and Analysis

yes in my testing I found the echo/remorseless to slow and lacking . we have no speed to attack the rg when the echo falls off unless the rg has adds .

good said.
and if blizz kicks us in the back again we all refuse to group up with the whining wizz that will need us to support next season^^

im 100% with you. yes we need a hota weapon to compliment the remorseless. it needs an attack speed bonus with hota damage. and a new ik hota gem would be the best.

The issue I have is that Echoing Fury fears monsters, since it seems to now be BIS for IK Hota and WW barb, 2 of my fav builds, this is kind of an annoyance as a melee.

Since now, ww does not do the main damage, why people are equipping BK set?

I think Istvans with lightning rune in ww or

Echoing Fury in cube with Ambo and Pig Sticker/Sun keeper/Axe of Sankis/etc. may also do well. Anyone gave these a go yet?

I am looking forward to testing these awesome combinations.

Also did anyone test that Fulminator or thunderfry proc effects are triggering ambo rend? It should not by definition, but you never know until you test it?

For low gem ups where everything dies instantly, I don’t see anything Barb has to offer that can replace BK. It’s just so fast, MS or WoL fast. Now add EF to that (no rend, only WW 1:20 clears)

For T16 I didn’t test every combination but I really liked EF/Ambo with MSR in cube

For high speeds and for pushing, which I did not appropriately test due to severe lag (EU), I feel that sun keeper/ambo for the former and IB for the latter were the best according to youtube videos.

Don’t know if it was already mentioned, but I would change:

Remorseless

from current:

While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, Hammer of the Ancients deals [200-250%] more damage.

to:

While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, Hammer of the Ancients deals [450-500%] more damage.

Fjord Cutter

Seismic Slam attacks 50% faster and also deals 100-150% increased damage against Slowed or Chilled enemies

to:

Seismic Slam attacks 50% faster and also deals 250-300% increased damage against Slowed, Chilled or Frozen enemies

I would also add a new additional affix to the weapon:

Reduced all resource costs by 10-20%

or

15-30% Chance to freeze on hit

Would also love if seismic slam could attack monsters in a highier angle than it’s right now, maybe up to 75-90% angle. Current angle looks like 30-45% to me…

Bracers of Destruction

to:

Seismic Slam deals [400-500%] increased damage to the first 10 enemies it hits.

Fury of the Ancients

form:

Call of the Ancients gains the effect of the Ancients’ Fury rune and your Ancients attack 100% faster

to:

Call of the Ancients gains the effect of every rune and your Ancients attack 100% faster

What I would really love is if each of the ancients (form the Call of the Ancients skill) special attack had a possiblility to either freeze, stun or increase all your armor for like 3-5 seconds, for example:

Talic who uses whirlwind and leap. Each time Talic uses leap on any monster you gain increased armor by 50% for 5 seconds.

Korlic who uses cleave and furious charge. Furious charge would stun all enemies hit for 2 seconds.

Madawc who uses weapon throw and seismic slam. Seismic Slam would freeze your enemies for 2 seconds.

Each time any of the ancients used his special attack you would gain something, but that is just my opinion…

I would also reduce the cooldown from 120 to 90 seconds, same with Wrath of the Berserker…

This is how I’d like the new Call of Ancients to look like…

2 Likes

I would of liked to switch to Istvan’s but after all this time of playing I still haven’t dropped a Set of those swords that is worthy enough to use in battle. :confounded: The best one I dropped was with a DH, but of coarse it has Dex. on it. :unamused:

I do not know about other people, but I prefer them for the extra movement speed.

I did try EF/Ambo and something just didnt feel right. I have to phrase it like that because I do not have any solid numbers and it could have been something like the fact I didnt get ancient ones and they would compete against ancient BK and Istvans.

We don’t yet know the best setup, but there are a few things to consider.

On paper, Istvan’s looks great–and it is. 30% damage and Armor, and the former is a separate multiplier. Very groovy. But it forces you to take Swords to Ploughs on Battle Rage because you’ll need Wind Shear on WW.

With the BK swords, you get Blood Funnel (better healing), but you also can use Into the Fray, and when fishing for optimal density, the extra CHC from this translates into a much larger damage boost to Rend. The extra attack speed from the BK set also means more Zodiac procs, and the extra move speed helps make massive pulls a quick affair, a crucial factor that many players overlook.

Then again, you could equip Ambo’s and Sunkeeper (or Echo), and put Furnace in the Cube for even more elite damage. Since Ambo’s is a Mighty Weapon, you try to maintain Fury with Weapons Master, but even with RCR you’ll likely need Wind Shear, and thus Swords to Ploughs.

In short, there’s a lot to consider. Personally, I’m betting on true end-game pushes favoring BK over IB to take advantage of Into the Fray, but the IB set will be better against the RG.

4 Likes

After about 6 seasons, (dont really remember), I might try S19 as wwrend or SS. With season buff, WW will rule I think though due to mobility.

3 Likes

Finally the dps barb is getting some love. Barbs have ben bashd in the face in literally every patch after the RoS release.
And yet people are screaming for nerfs…

If i pick a barb i want to jump straight into the action and kill demons in group play. If i want to play a tank i could play warrior in WoW

3 Likes

Praying that the definite notes are up soon. To see where we stand with this new found power.

1 Like

If they nerf WW rend they’ll show that they don’t care about the entire barb community and everything they fought for…

Barb must remain unchanged (no nerfs), he deserves it, so leave him alone otherwise everything the barb community fought for will be for nothing…

3 Likes

id like the Ancient getting every rune for the non permafrost builds so we get the chill rune and the 50% dr one. Not sure if its likely though.

Hey all, what if they (Blizz) add some cooldown reduction to Skull Grasp through the X% of the whirlwind hits? It could stay in the build without zodiac.

Probably at least a week+ away. I’m guessing everybody is going to be busy prepping for blizzcon and they probably still have some data crunching to do and mountains of feedback through forums, streamers, reddit, etc. to go through and then on top of all that they need to come up with solutions to any problems they feel need to be addressed, such as potential buffs to the new sets.

I saw some 2h WW/Rend clears with Messerschimidth’s Reaver, and it looked promising. Probably not meta, but it will fulfill, somehow, fantasy of playing WW Rend Skorn again.

2 Likes

I just wish barbs could dual wield 2h weapons like swords, axes, maces.

Why can’t barbs do it from Day 1 one of D3 is just incomprehensible

1 Like