Barb Buffs in 2.6.7: Feedback and Analysis

Top IK HOTA clears use Rage Flip to group density. Works like a charm and lowers Wrath cooldowns via the IK bonus. Much better than demoralize though doesn’t grant the same level of toughness.

Our proposal for Remorseless was meant to be paired with a buff to Gavel, but I suspect the best we can hope for is a further buff to our new and improved HOTA item.

I believe that pairing it with Sankis or Sunkeeper will, ultimately be better both IK and LOD HOTA. Sure, you’re losing the attack speed, but the uptime is, as you noted, so-so, and the additional Fire or elite damage helps to compensate. Sankis also increases toughness via its IP-like effect.

2 Likes

I use GS + charge. Feels a little better.

Yeah thanks for the Spear advice, I haven´t played IK HotA in ages. That should definitely help create multiple elite scenarios for faster progression.

Gonna try Sun Keeper later.

Please do and let me know how it goes!

My own test with Sankis felt great, and I didn’t have any of the problems with attack speed that other folks claim to have encountered. A significant enough multiplier will dismiss any concerns about attack speed, so it’s crucial we get Remorseless bumped up another notch.

3 Likes

Now that WW seems fine, the suggestion that Hota needs another weapon seems like a very good option. Both builds for me are more fun than reakors charge misery.

We’re not getting more new items. At least not this patch.

We should focus on getting Remorseless an additional buff.

5 Likes

you clearly misinterpreted my comment.
but yeah one thing is true, I just took my knowledge this time from some random forum comments which I used as foundation for my post.
I thought that was clear.
If the considered statement from my post is incorrect than obviously my 2 options don’t have to be true :stuck_out_tongue:

then sorry because I’m not very much into d3 or the ptr right now.
but I wanna have a better balance between the classes (so I’m advocating not OP wiz nor OP necro to be ok but a more evenly distribution on overall class power across the board)

I´m fine with buffing Remorseless, maybe to 350% (4.5x) or 400% (5x), so +2-3 GRs. Then you also need to buff Fjord Cutter to 225-250% because LoD HotA and Crimson Frost are pretty comparable atm, but the Fjord bonus would be very close to the 500% on Peak, which is a 2-hander :thinking:

True, only a few days left for this ptr. But I hope they do not forget about Barbs in the future. :wink:

For the third jewel in IK HotA would you guys use GoS instead of PE? Attack speed will be less, but at least you can keep it against the RG. Helps a bit with survivability too.

Maybe.

Right now, I’m using Powerful, Trapped, and Stricken.

|GR|time|build|powers|
|115|11:11.833|IK HotA|Remo + EF|
|117|13:18.616|IK HotA|Remo + EF| Pain Enhancer | Wrenching Smash
|118|13:47.166|IK HotA|Remo + Sun| Pain Enhancer | Wrenching Smash
Effective paragon: 3825

Getting subsequent ranged elites kills the fun. :neutral_face:

I´ll test physical LeapQuakeSlam now as direct comparison, got primal Destruction from Djank.

Update:
|115|10:41|LeapQuakeSlam|Destruction|
|117|14:11|LeapQuakeSlam|Destruction| Erethon top 3 worst RG for build
Effective paragon: 3628 (2H has roughly 200 less)

Note that latency plays a big role for LeapQuake and PTR latency is 3x higher than on live for me. Slower Leaps means taking more damage, Girdle uptime is not 100% etc.

I assume with Flavor of Time over Hellfire and live latency, LeapQuakeSlam would be on par with IK HotA or stronger and next season with LQS being the best Barb build to keep up the kill streak bonuses, it should definitely perform better (in season).

Now that I think about it, I should also test equipping Peak and cube Fjord Cutter when Rumble is my main damage dealer. :thinking:

2 Likes

My live IK HoTA IB = 13 frames / 2.9060 APS ( 7% attack speed on gloves + one ring + main hand + off hand)
2.6.7 IK HoTA Remorseless + Sankis = 17 frames / 2.2223 APS ( 7% attack speed on gloves + one ring + main hand + off hand)

So less stack of striken and chance to have AD procs.

And we have a winner :smiley:

Rumble with equipped Fury of the Vanished Peak and cubed Fjord Cutter
GR118 in 13:37.
Had a 250T hit against RG lol.

I guess I should swap Falter to Intimidate for 100% Fjord Cutter uptime against a large number of enemies compared to Trapped 15 yards and Thunderfury on my Follower.

1 Like

Ppl usually love big things. I also hope sometimes we can use GoJ.

1 Like

Oh well, it´s just a bit stronger than Tribes setup, likely 1-2 GRs.
Failed two 119s so that´s that. Gotta go sleep now.
If only I had Crimson set on softcore I could do a direct comparison of Permafrost vs LeapQuakeSlam and IK HotA. That 14 minute hardcore GR117 clear of mine is a bit misleading as I had 1400 less effective paragon and needed to have a safer than usual setup and play carefully.

i’m a rumbler too. Started theory crafting with fjord + arreats law with weapon throw and leap and ancient with cubed ancients fury. leap in slam, leap out slam, WT a sec, leap in slam, would utilize zeis well. Sadly i don’t think its going to work, there isn’t enough ancients up time to justify using FOTA i think, maybe zodiac but then its toughness is much much less (like ice ancients to keep chill on, 1/10 the toughness without BOM) and rumble wouldn’t utilize zodiac well. Also toyed around with using windsheer ww instead of WT, with a full screen could be close with generating and keeping everything up but would need to be a really full screen or maybe weapon master passive to match.
Man would it have fury generation though!

edit: oh and with crimson belt and FOTVP in cube would need to maybe have life per fury spent on fjord

Little confused.

How are you proccing Fjord’s power? Trapped?

What else was in the Cube?

Exact setup was

• cubed: Fjord, Lut Socks, Band of Might
  • equipped: Peak, Destruction, Hellfire, Focus and Restraint, MotE (6)
  • gems: Stricken, Trapped, Zei
  • skills: Rumble, Falter, Death from Above, Cave-In, Ploughshares, Insanity
  • passives: Rampage (HF), Ruthless, No Escape, Earthen Might, Boon

Yes Trapped procs Fjord Cutter, also Templar´s Thunderfury. Basically within 15 yards enemies take 2.5x and further away No Escape and Zei apply. If you run Intimidate over Falter it should trigger as well but losing 25% DIBS sucks.

Got it. Nice work.

I’d say if you swap Hellfire for Flavor of Time, you’ll have far more potential damage and mitigation given good Pylons. Channeling for this build = free damage, especially if you swap Battle Rage for War Cry (though in every other situation, both skills offer comparable damage).

Looks like the new ranking for our builds next Season will be:

1. Zodiac Rend
  2. R6 HOTA/Vile Charge
  3. Pro-Slam (possible tie for 2nd)
  4. Fire/Phys EQ + IK HOTA

Just an estimate.