Bad News for hydra wizz

Why they made bazooka So incredible strong for months And now new set with major nerfs on weapons. Sad blizz thnx a lot

Yeah, doesn’t look viable now.

and no news about any bugfixes that 4set toughness wasnt properly added.

Leaderboards will be all chantodo archon again?

Looks like Chantodo Archon will dominate again…

It’s like waking up on Christmas morning, and finding that your parents bought all of your gifts from the Dollar Store and Wish. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Nev just found out about the bug, it seems.

I’m pretty sure 2 weeks of time frame is plenty to fix things up.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

First iteration 1000% per hydra head, 7x multiplier on both Serpent Sparker and Magistrate -> total damage multiplier 101x7x7 = 4949

Second Iteration 1200% 6p, 5.5x on items -> 121x5.5x5.5 = 3660.25

Current and final iteration 1300% 6p, 4x on items -> 131x4x4 = 2096

WTF!? How can they possibly not know that increasing the 6p bonus by mere 100% is not enough to compensate for the multiplier loss from supplemental items?

9 Likes

Because blizz cant do math And not listen to community, So boycot season And let them …

4 Likes

I agree. Linking some math to help support / show the issue:

5 Likes

They may make another iteration after the patch hits servers this week.

Where do you see this?

There’s almost no chance of that happening.

It’d be nice, and it’s what they should do (or have a longer PTR where they do more iterations), but I definitely wouldn’t count on a change coming after the patch drops. Post-patch changes are almost entirely critical bug fixes or reactive nerfs to something they didn’t expect to be strong. I can’t remember the last time there was a reactive buff immediately following a patch. It certainly hasn’t happened in recent memory.

The last time this happened was Patch 2.6.7a

Nerf to AoV crusader build (Shield of Fury change)
Lamentation belt getting 100%-150% rend damage modifier

Apparently my memory isn’t very good haha.

I think that was more the exception than the rule though. It’s not common for them to buff sets/items between a patch dropping and the season starting.

You’re correct. They did that as an exception to please the masses.

Maybe they will do it to fix their mistake for us.

To be perfectly honest, barbarians quite literally made the forums explode when the nerf went through.

By comparison, barbarian complaints about the WW/rend nerf dwarfed the amount of topics and replies from every complaint for season 20 so far for all classes combined.

Ironic, for barbarians being such big, strong, muscular warriors, they throw some pretty epic temper tantrums. I still maintain they are the best class in the game.

Lol, too true. I’d wager Wizard is the best class based on how they stand and the awesome transmogs. Everything about them just overflows with confidence and authority.

Firebird is one of the coolest looking sets in the game (sans the helm). It looks awesome in red, black, blue and white. I usually add leorics crown to top it off <3

Well, it’s time for us to be the masses my fellow wizards for these nerfs to the new set don’t make any sense!

Exactly, we definitely should be putting up more of a fuss here! Bazooka was gutted, we got nothing else but this hydra set and a decent speed set to start the season out with. That’s it guys! End of the line if hydra set doesn’t perform!

They’ll see when ToV goes live I guess and the underwhelming pushes start.

1500% is the absolute minimum change needed, so let’s hope for 1600-1750

1 Like