Bad News for hydra wizz

They did not really nerf the set, they nerfed the complementary items. With those two being as strong as they initially were you’d have the problem that LoN/LoD outshines Typhons Veil, albeit the set being especially dedicated to Hydra (and Hydra alone). From that point of view I can understand what they did. I fail to see why they overdid it with the nerfing, though… and especially why they did not up the damage of the new set accordingly. Right now the set is doa and thanks to the Sparker/Magistrate nerfs LoN/LoD isn’t cutting it either.

Back to Chantodo Archon, I guess :nauseated_face:

Wizard really have to scream louder for blizzard to even notice let lone making any suggested changes. Haven’t you noticed they did not know about the 4 pieces TV bug until after the 2nd PTR patch hit ?

The bug was discussed very extensively and the CM were NOT even aware of it… no wonder why they kept nerfing because the only thing they saw was SS and Magistrate doing too much damage complaints.

4 Likes

I have to laugh, cos even as it is, hydra set is pretty good imho.

Please don’t use WW rend barb as an example - it’s OP AF and should never have been buffed prior to s19 starting cos so many barbs whined about it. If players are doing solo GR 150s well within the time limit (as what happened with WW rend barb on PS4 in s19), then it’s OP.

There is zero need to replicate this power creep with other sets & builds.

Blizzard needs to learn 2 things:

1. mathematics

2. how to balance properly

That’s about it.

1 Like

To be fair, it wasn’t the classes that were op doing 150s. It was the season 19 buff that absolutely demolished GRifts

As far as everything else. TR Monk, Rend Barb, AoV Crusader and Mundu WD all need about a 50% damage nerf. I believe Crusader needs a bit more still.

id like it if people dont go around screaming its op and asking for nerfs, there was only 1 thing op and that was bazooka wizz. 150 in 2.5 min and need for cheating.
Dont forget barbs didnt have a laugh for years were they where in a bad spot.

1 Like

I don’t get it, cos I found the s19 buff to be totally crap. Lagged my PS4 system, covered the TV screen in crap that made it difficult to see mobs and what they were doing, and dig bugger all damage. S18 theme was a helluva lot better imho, s19 theme was just plain lame.

Hang on - just cos barbs where in no mans land for many years (which they weren’t I might add), that doesn’t mean it was OK to buff them to the point where they are OP, as witnessed in s19 by my very own eyes.

Bazooka wiz was only playable via macros, which are CHEATING (as is the num lock hack too I might add, but Blizzard is inept). Blizzard should have addressed the Bazooka wiz much, much earlier on than it did.

Hydra wiz is fine as is. There’s no need for it to be crunching GR 150 etc just cos a few other builds are doing so. Those few other builds should be all reigned in back to normality, irrespective of whether or not the players who stan those builds protest.

I maintain that Blizzard needs to learn how to balance this game, because everything that they have done so far is not resulting in a balanced game.

No it wasn’t lol. It did massive damage. Chest and meteor drops would decimate the entire group of elites. The angels would kill bosses in about 10 seconds. All those buffs allowed you to clear higher than before. It was like having power and conduit pylon for the entire map

I’m with you on this one buddy! Give em “hell” <3 until we are heard! All wizards unite, and start spamming your spells like no tomorrow!

Seriously 1500% is not good enough by far! Just add another skill to 6pc bonus like twister, arcane orb or explosive blast, so we don’t have another season of channeling non interactive play, and increase damage to at least 2000% per head.

Like this:

New 6pc bonus: Your hydras and EB deal 2000% increased damage per active hydra head.

Then you can drop the annoying magistrate for freezing enemies so we can do groups, keep serpent for extra hydra, and use EB and the offhand for EB, more options in cube, no more channeling etc.

Yay?

Then give me The seasons barb was top as dd in GR? And dont tell me they are in meta for years. Because being dd is So much nicer. But i see change in meta monk has become much harder to play with exploding palm.

I am happy to rally in the Wizard forums but I will draw the line at excessive GD buff campaigning, mongering. :laughing:

I agree that a response to our feedback post 2.6.8 release would be encouraging to see, but I understand that the blues are very busy.

Most of my feedback thus far for LoD Hydra and the set multipliers is linked here:

Typhon’s Veil Feedback linked here:

I agree that a higher multiplier for SS, Magistrate is required to balance in relation to Vyr Chantodo, and that a higher Typhon’s 6 piece multiplier is required to balance in relation to LoD.

In summary, I have suggested values:

• 500% (6.0x) for SS and Magistrate.
  • 1400% to 1500% for Typhon’s 6 piece.

I will report back once I’ve played Typhon’s in non season push.

EDIT (3/7/2020): Reducing estimate. 6x down from 6.5x, and 1400%-1500% down from 1550%-1650%. Didn’t think about EE for LoD, and forgot that TV gets an extra legendary gem over LoD.

2 Likes

That wasn’t my experience. I guess if you’re in a group of 4, it’s a better theme, but for solo players, it was CRAP. That’s my opinion and I stand by it.

Then you’re opinion is flat out busted. Season 19’s theme was beyond broken. If you think it was crap then you just don’t know how to play

2 Likes

I highly doubt we will see SS and Magi revisited before the Balance patch (which is rumored to come after sets for DH and Necro are released), but if they do and get close to what you suggested then TV with 15xx-16xx % per head will be fine.

However if they don’t touch SS and Magi we need at least 2000% per head on 6pc bonus (and I would include another skill on 6pc as well, like arcane orb, twister or mirror images).

Problem with set is that you simply can’t fit in all the items you need like on LoD. You need Tasker’s. Mantle of Channeling would be nice, but can’t fit in. This means you can’t use SG / IC (even if you would use invigorating gem and drop IC). You need to use both Magistrate and Serpent since they are only legendaries that affect hydra dmg.

You have to cube RoRG to wear 1 piece of your choice (between helm and gloves). So you can’t have both Flavor and Squirt’s. Traveler’s would been nice but since we have no way to become CC immune with the set, you can’t rely on channeling (standing still). You can’t use CC cause there’s no CD that you really need to lower being a channel build, and RcR is not needed as you will run the belt to reduce your preferred channeling spell resource cost.

If we didn’t had to channel, we would had some great options for S20 theme in the cube (like running EB for more toughness offhand, EF for some sweet AS buff to pets etc).

So pretty much we’re forced into channeling because only 2 supporting legendaries buff the main damage skill, and then we rely completely on 6pc bonus to do the heavy lifting.

Am very curious on your TV report (maybe a vid too? ^^). Currently am doing GR110 at 1650 para using arcane hydra and BH spellsteal. I can’t stand frost hydra their range is so short, that anything that moves a lot on screen is a nightmare to fight (teleporters, flyers, RG). No augs, lvl 112 gems (trapped, pet and channeling - leveled them with the set from rank 25), only DW is ancient, rest normal gear (but I have a 99% bracer for shield, and 79% karini so those are good rolls on important pieces).

The sad thing is that even with the belt that reduces channeling cost by 65%, you still need on source AP on crit, or you will run out of AP when you need to manually re-cast your black hole, reposition hydras and channel (even worse if you get speed pylon). So getting both 15% hydra and 3-4AP / crit, on top of a good ChC roll and int + vit will be quite the sight (you need vit to get bigger shields because you are not as tanky as Vyr’s or LoD channeling builds, at least not at my paragon).

Meanwhile my LoD meteor shower can do 120 in about 8m. I highly doubt that simply getting ancients and augmenting with rank 100 gems will get VT past 115 at same paragon.

Pretty sure I ranked higher than you did mate (HC, PS4, rank 4, DH). I may not know everything single build in the game, and that’s cos most of the builds hold zero interest for me. I stand by my prior comments that the s19 theme was terrible.

We will know tomorrow if Hydra will be rightfullly adjusted, when they fix the leaderboard issues.

Yah think that’s the last time how they did it with monk/crus was the Tue right before season started. Although I wouldn’t expect this.

1 Like

Still stay optimistic dear Jay! It’s not over until… it’s over! :slight_smile:

I am sure they will compare what results peeps achieved with all 3 sets and compensate where needed.

At this point I’d settle for reverting SS&Mag to 450% and increase 6PC to 1500-1600 without anything else.

1 Like

Of course hoping for the best! But I’m also saying it might just show up at season release and not before then.

Realistically I see a revert more than anything since the original intent was to buff 6pc and tone back LoD, instead of seriously nerfing both. And 1500-1600 sounds more realistic of what they’d do as well since they’ve been so tame with the 6pc for whatever reason.

Take the two realistic buff values and it’s still a good ~+4 GR buff for the set which actually sounds pretty good.

Hears to hoping for the best!

1 Like

On PC at least, the season 19 theme was the only reason players were doing 150 solo DURING season and groups were clearing them in 2 minutes. You had to time the kill streak, stack mobs and elites, and the seasonal theme would delete the screen in seconds.

1 Like