Hydra has been gutted

The real hurdle is the size of the nerfbat hitting wizard non-stop. A real buff to the TV set modifier as Cratic pointed out can compensate for rune damage disparity.

Big Vyr nerf, Rip Starpact, and now huge Hydra wiz nerf before it even saw action. Time to retire my favorite class for the foreseeable future as there is no way to even challenge my previous solo PBs :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

They can’t stop what is coming…the prophecy!!
Hail Hydra!!
(Well actually if they didn’t fix that stupid shield bug then yes they can stop it…)

1 Like

This doesn’t make sense at all, there must be something they didn’t note in the patch notes. Nerfing Serpent Sparker is nonsensical, it should have been BUFFED for both LoD and TV. I would say LoN Hydra is probably about…GR 137 now, and TV is probably down to around 133?

If the reported bugs with TV (and there are a lot of them) didn’t get fixed, the set is basically salvage. Maybe magistrate inherits the Hydra rune now. This doesn’t make sense. Serpent Sparker needed to go back to 600% to have the scaling it needed going forward for both TV and LoN.

Does not compute.

Problem was Blizzard needs to beef up the hydra Set damage more if they want to nerf the helm and wand. It was only barely comparable to the other two new sets.

1 Like

When PTR started, I was looking forward to the Typhon Hydra set to be a good solo set and be a good meta group set like with the crusader in season 19. Then everyone changed to the hydra LON build, so I tried that and liked it better for both. Then Bliztard in their grand typical ignorance, nerfs everything that was good with both the Typhon set and LON build. Its now a waste, forgotten souls. Bliztard keeps nerfing everything wizard every time I turn around. I am still pissed about the Vyr’s nerf. What potential that set had, now it’s just a shell of its former glory. Bliztard, make Vyr’s and Typhon sets great again so it can participate in the 4 player meta.

Bliztard, whatever you do, do not make the new Demon Hunter a waste. make it so that the new set can take part in the 4 player meta.

2 Likes

I revised my calcs above. Included all PTR values.

Compared to v2.6.8.66344 (5.5x multipliers) on PTR:

• For LoD: It’s a decrease of 4.05GRs.
  • For Typhon’s: It’s a decrease of 3.55GRs.

It’s definitely another huge blow to any LoD Hydra build. LoD Hydra felt fairly well balanced at 5.5x. I could see it challenging Vyr Chantodo at that level, now I’m not so sure it can.

We truly haven’t seen the potential of Typhon’s yet due to all of the bugs.
However, even if the bugs are fixed, I have real trouble seeing how the set could perform well in a push scenario given how tight the gearing options are, and (based on what I could test) how ‘middle-of-the-road’ the set damage felt on PTR.

I’ll be interested to see how TV performs on live, and to know if these values for LoD & TV are final? I really hope they are fishing for more data before season go-live in intent to readjust again on both fronts.

4 Likes

Which would you estimate the GR level at? I think I saw Lon Hydra at 142 on the PTR; post nerf would put it at 138. I didn’t see any numbers on TV, because it was such a mess.

From a 10k paragon account?

We really need to move away from using MicroRNA’s posting of extremely high paragon bot account clears as some kind of realistic metric for build performance. You are playing an entirely different game at that paragon.

3 Likes

I did not test LoD Hydra push that much on PTR, but I managed a 122 @ 1300p unaugmented with about 3 minutes to spare after 15 keys. I could see myself pushing a GR130 @ 1700p fully aug’d within about 100 keys (at 5.5x multi). Now, likely not. I guess we’ll see when the patch hits live.

EDIT: this clear mentioned was seasonal, so even more concern if you factor in not having the archives bonus.

2 Likes

Thats non season. Season was only 133 (2586 paragon) for LoD Hydra wiz solo-season-americas region.

2 Likes

Which means a non-seasonal clear at that paragon would have been at least a couple gr lower before the latest nerf, so we can roughly estimate that same player (after this latest nerf) may reach 126-127 in a non-season push with a similar amount of keys spent?

It’s almost like the D3 devs are unionized, and refuse to actually fix things just to ensure future work and billable hours.

Once again, hundreds of people test their shoddy work, give brilliant feedback with mechanics and mathematics, just to be ignored.

I honestly don’t understand why we even try to help them anymore…:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Keep this post saved as I’ll wager LoD Hydra will clear a 141 in non-season

For reference I manually recorded those solo values 2/19 for all classes in this post see Season 20 best solo class - #17 by Drakiock-1135
It was for faulting the lack of progress against the two classes that receive no changes. :wink:

But yeah likely what you are predicting.

1 Like

All top clears are done with very high paragon. All class clears over 140GRift can be compared as they have similar-ish paragon. This can and should be used for balance.

If paragon was 5k max then we would all use 5k paragon clears around 135GR clears as a balance metric. 2k around 125-130ish GRift balance.

It’s all relative and very much a realistic metric.

1 Like

Itemization changes as you factor in all the extra toughness from that extra mainstat, and does not truly reflect the potential of builds at 1/4 that paragon that are forced to choose defensive gearing options due to less toughness.

So no, you are wrong. Performance can be skewed by how optimal the available item choices are for a given paragon range.

People with 10k+ paragon non-season even being able to clear gr150 solo shouldn’t really matter. The gr cap should only be relevant for seasonal play, as nonseason players with infinite exp grinding capability will end up soloing 150 with classes other than crusader soon anyway.

1 Like

All of this changes for every class at lower paragon. EVERY CLASS is affected the same way by reducing paragon. So yes, I’m right

Here is an example,

• Ford brand car with 500hp vs Dodge brand car with 500hp should be similar top speeds/power or w/e, but lets say Dodge beats Ford because of the aerodynamics of the vehicle.
  • Change both cars to 200hp and it will be the same because of the Aerodynamics. Just at a lower level

Either you completely missed my point, or you are choosing to ignore it to try and win the argument. I’m done wasting my time on you.

I’m gonna get the dodge and u both fight over the ford :upside_down_face:

Joke aside , S20 needs serious review before it goes live after 2 weeks.

3 Likes

You’re point doesn’t matter because it applies to all classes the same. Balance has to be done at the highest stage, whether it be 2k, 5k, 10k or 100k paragon, to show a clear damage difference.

The only balance at the lower end should be how easy it is to actually play the build to do damage.