Allow cow level to be made post-King kill

Give us unlimited moo’s. There’s already an alt work around.

6 Likes

It looks like you will have to use a good old trick … go “twink” open the portal re-enter the server with the main one clear the entire cow level repeat step 1. It is not clear why then make a shared box if the same cow level is left unchanged. Moo

Give us unlimited baals, why not? Unlimited minions in every area, why not? What about every monster respawning whan you change the area?

Is it too hard to open a new game once you clear any random area?

Lol I’m talking about being able to make the portal in a new game after killing the king.

5 Likes

Agreed. And I could even support some added dialogue for the king at half life like, “Heed my decree! Strike me down, and thou shalt be banished from my divine, bovine realm!” Just as a little heads up to the newbie =))

2 Likes

It’s still just fun to do and has good drop volume for runes and white/eth item bases.

The volume is the goal!

More mooooooo

3 Likes

I haven’t read the comments. I could go either way on this. I could go either way, but if I had to choose one way or another I would allow the king to be killed and the cow level to be made again.

1 Like

Never seen a point in not being able to re-open the cow level and as many people here say… players do use work arounds for that so why not just ease it up in this instance? No harm done really, it is just another area to farm specific items. Btw. I do want to slay that bloody charged bolt releasing fat Cow King over and over again - he more than deserves it! Just like Meph deserves to die a million deaths for throwing imba orbs at you :smiley:

2 Likes

There was a point in the game where Cow runs were equivalent to what Ball runs are now. Hell Cows would be where end game character farmed XP. It made sense to make it more restrictive at that time. Doing cows was usually something done on multiplayer.

With the reasons people farm cows now, it now seems like a ridiculous burden in the game that doesn’t have much benefit or significance. I know I at least do all my hell cow farming solo.

4 Likes

I was googling some info about cow level then I see this: “The Cow Level can now be re-opened in a new game even after your character (or party member) has killed the king in a previous game”
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/d2-concept-patch-115a/2297

The patch idea was back to Dec 2019 and never cone to live. One of the QoL changes is in D2:R. So it may be possible for this one too.

5 Likes

so a made up patch that some hope would come true.

Nah, cow level is fine, keep it as is.

What about not being able to create cow level and having to use an alt to create the portal is fine to you?

Do you mean to say the annoyance is acceptable to you, and that you would like to not make cow levels if you or someone else kills the king?

It’s a remaster, I think this is finally the opportunity to take a step back and really get it right.

2 Likes

That patch has gone straight over my head.

You’ve moo-ved me to tears.

2 Likes

The problem with opening with another char is that you can’t load up 2 chars from one account. You’d need to have another copy of the game and the char needs to be rushed through hell. This was doable on d2lod.

That’s why it’s easy to suggest cow level never should lock.

3 Likes

well it has a work around, so it becomes more likely to be a QOL. it sucks killing the king by accident

1 Like

You could open portal with an alt, wait 2 minutes to “perm” the game, then quickly swap. But there’s a chance the game closes (assuming solo). But your right, no need for this annoyance and workaround. Let’s get it addressed!

1 Like

I think a good compromise to allowing the opening after Cow King is killed would be to only have King spawn in games created by someone who hasn’t killed him. If you kill the king he doesn’t spawn in your cow level

This would keep much of the flavor of how it was before. Killing the king over and over in solo play was not supposed to be something you could do. If you are doing a multiplayer game, who cares. Someone could have always came in with an alt and made it.

3 Likes

That’s a good compromise too! I just wanna slay endless moo in public games :slight_smile:

With all the current work arounds for this mechanic, stating in the deep dive that the plan to add QOL to things that already have work arounds, they should just let us kill the king. I would always just farm the cow level with a lightning sorc or javazon because the cow king is lightning immune.

1 Like

No.
It’s not fine it’s pointless and should be eliminated to improve the game.

Do the walk around

Or

Just make the portal work always.

One of those choices actually makes sense

2 Likes