A6 Phalcon - Basic Gameplay Video w/ Tips

Video

I’ve dubbed this build A6 Phalcon, short for Akkhan’s Phalanx & Condemn. Based on pushes and personal experience with other sets, I found this build to be GR150 capable, S-Tier status.

https://youtu.be/o_RfFBOzhTM

Skills Overview

The strongest Phalcons fly with Phalanx:Shield Bearers and Akarat’s Champion:Rally. This helps you lay more Avatars that hatch Condemn. You want dozens of them! You must build defensively to survive without Akarat’s Champion:Prophet.

Gameplay Overview

The key is to collect lots of trash and surround the elite, continually fueling your kill site with new trash. Do not waste your time hunting wormy prey, instead go after elites that will follow you, as well as, large trash packs.

A Few More Tips to Dive Into

1. Body pull with Punish.
  2. Once you’ve determined the kill site, cast Phalanx and Judgment on top of the elite, while allowing nearby enemies to move towards the center of your kill site. Surround the elite with trash, do not cast Judgment on stray enemies until you have a high volume of trash.
  3. Spam Phalanx and Re-Apply Judgment while running to Oculus Rings without dispersing your trash.
  4. As the trash levels dip, continue to pull more trash from surrounding areas.
  5. Always reserve a pylon for the boss fight to trigger your Follower’s Nemesis Bracer. First melee the boss with Punish to build Stricken, trigger the pylon when the boss is at 80-85% health.
  6. Use the Numlock trick to spam keys 1-4 and hold down Force Move to stall the activation of Phalanx until you’ve encountered trash. You don’t want place Avatars in an empty area. It’s dangerous. Your Phalanx must make contact with enemies to refresh your Law and Iron Skin. Don’t be a sitting duck! Reserve your Phalanx to deploy at the right time.
  7. If you’re dying too much, swap out Aughild’s for Guardian’s Jeopardy. If you’re still dying too much, swap out F&R for Unity + CoE.

Good luck – hopefully this video helps you soar like a Phalcon.

12 Likes

Great vid! Just getting to know this build myself. Nice to see some tips.

1 Like

Juicy!

Loving the text comments during the run.

3 Likes

Great vid! Thanks.

Yeah, I have a bad habit of standing around in one place for too long, very much like the time you got flattened at 1:15 into the video. Problem with me is, my house rule says that I stop/disqualify the run if I die in a GR push…

P.S. I’ll second Meteorblade’s note re your comments. Good, concise stuff!

P.S.2 And btw, love the A6 Phalcon name. :+1:t5: :+1:t5:

3 Likes

:partying_face: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :revolving_hearts: Good summary in motion poetry and humourous captions … FTW + GG dmkt !

Have played sufficient games in the last 24 hours on Akkan-Phalanx-Condemn APC – and I think Blizz and gamers community have a New Champion dethroning Necro-Blood-Nova for … .
Slowest Stricken Stacking Build in the current Game :scream_cat: :mending_heart:

Is Primary Attack to stack stricken the only controllable factor within gamer’s fingers? 0.0
Are there no alternative pointer / tip / to best RNGesus except to pray for ADDS. from either Pylon at 99% or RG w minions. O.m.g #Hapless.Facing.RG

Hi,

I have 2 questions about the build:

On maxroll, they say: “Never fight less than 3 enemies in the rift”. But the affix of Blade of Prophecy reads “Two Condemned enemies also trigger Condemn’s explosion, and increases Condemn damage by 600–800%.” So why 3 and not 2?

On maxroll, they also say: “Condemns triggered this way do not proc area damage, everything you are fighting will very quickly become CC-immune thanks to Judgment with all runes and no cooldown”. ==> What does it mean in practice for this build? What is the CC effect that we apply and that monsters will become immune to? Is it Condemn?

Anyway, good luck to all Saders who are playing S29!

Judgment applies immobilize, enemies become CC immune when you keep applying it to make phalanx condemn procs. This is normal.

Regarding ‘never fight less than 3’, this is an arbitrary number. It is more about maxing Shield Bearers procs. While what you said is true about BoP, the advice is really about your shield bearers making as many condemns possible.

Your damage output is reduced with fewer mobs. If any one of your shield bearers isn’t making contact, your output suffers. Granted, this is going to happen… because trash dies fast.

The real advice is to encourage you to keep feeding your shield bearers more trash, like adding more logs to a dying campfire to keep it hot, don’t let it go under a dozen logs or your progress will freeze. For hard GR push, you’ll want to burn down the whole damn forest.

4 Likes

Many thanks for these very clear explanations, once again!

1 Like

It’s probably never going to happen again, so I’ll drop this here: I’ve just made rank #10 in EU 5 minutes ago! (my previous record in season being rank #208 in S25) :see_no_evil::laughing::joy: https://imgur.com/a/6CKn9wg

3 Likes

Grats, keep it up, #9 is in close range.

1 Like

Okay, tried phalcon again. first grift 124 with NP and no practice lol. I was pushing with lazy shotgun but geeze this is like 1000x stronger lol.

Now imagine if it could actually proc area damange…

I don’t think that this build is capable of clear in 150 hc ssf. But I’m trying. Current: 134 with 2 missing augs and low gems.

Do you plan to test PTR 2.7.7 and provide suggestions? I haven’t seen you speak recently.

1 Like

Hi Leal, I might hop on this Tuesday. It has been a while. The items needing review are:

Condemn, what is the play experience like after the Blade of Prophecy change, does it single target rift guardians. This beast of a build appears to be the strongest in the game now.

Blessed Hammer, did they stealth fix Hammer Jammers? If not, it needs the same treatment as Roland’s.

Blessed Shield, what is the behavior of Shattering Throw and the other Holy rune. How is pierce damage calculated?

AoV, is this a buff or a nerf, was the current 6pc damage bonus wrong the whole time?

It seems like they are targeting GR144-146 max clears @ 5k without the altar.

2 Likes

Mr.dmkt,I am looking forward to your ptr feedback.

1 Like

I notice no difference in power with the changed blade of prophecy. By the way the old blades became the new versions. Isnt this only with nerfed legendary powers? So maybe the change is a nerf and not a buff?

It’s a 2.5GR nerf. Your Phalanx currently cast 3 condemns, soon they will cast 2. The play testing I did confirms it for me. 2.7.6 GR147 vs PTR GR145 had similar progression.

4 Likes

I agree with your estimate of 2-3 grift nerf. I did a 145 yesterday and it felt like i can do maximum a 148. In live my record is 150 ns EU.

Why is it? is it due to this?

* Each enemy hit can trigger only 1 extra explosion; at least two enemies need to be hit to get full benefit.

https://maxroll.gg/d3/guides/akkhan-condemn-crusader-guide