A6 Phalcon - Basic Gameplay Video w/ Tips

Yes – the Phalanx melee mobs under judgement and it casts the first Condemn attack. The Blade of Prophecy right now, in 2.7.6 will trigger a second and third explosion, if enemies 2 and 3 are present in the initial Condemn ring. Going forward in 2.7.7, they only trigger a second explosion. I believe the requirement becomes 2 mobs inside the initial Condemn ring – didn’t confirm though. Easy to test this when it goes live.

1 Like

sounds logical and fits at least two enemies need to be hit to get full benefit

So theoretically with high quality pixel, can still max condemn proc? I feel in group TK, condemn is stronger than live condemn as TK.

Why would it be stronger?
It’s a 33,3% nerf to AoE damage

Unless you’re refering to less explosions → less lag, and therefore better for groups than currently

It’s still strong build post nerf – hard to notice the damage loss or change in visuals – you only really notice it after a few minutes pass. Not sure how the servers will cope with a 33% reduction in explosions, casual PUGs were in rough shape – I bet n elite barb pulling the zone into a 60 yard radius will freeze up the server with double explosions.

It’s just stronger as a result. I don’t know the mechanics that’s why researching for it. Haven’t touched condemn for a long time

Only unleash doesn’t freeze up on my pulls. I suspect the stronger result is due to quality Pixel satisfying certain condition and faster explosions = faster progressions. Not necessarily higher base dmg.

I’m thoroughly confused about that, maybe a bug?

I am not totally clear too. Shouldnt be a bug. More like some mechanics not totally understood yet.

I dropped a really good Blade of Prophecy, almost perfect rolls and ancient but it lacks poison dmg. I see that this season Akkhan uses Essence of Anguish but I see it is a pet build. So my questions - can Essence of Anguish be reliably proc only by followers weapon (both basic effect and 50% debuff)? Does Dreg of Lies works for phalanx? Which one is better?

Hi!

I’m taking the liberty of necroing this thread as I have two questions about A6 Phalcon.

1.At the top of the EU NS leaderboard, I see that some players favor F&R, while others use The Endless Walk set + CoE.

In which scenarios should one favor solution 2 over solution 1? Or does it depend on gaming-style preferences, maybe? If so, which ones?

2.Say you have just killed a huge pack and you went from 89% to 99% progression. You run untill the end of the map in the hope of getting a pylon… but no pylon. Then, should you have the RG spawn ASAP, cuz no chance to spawn a pylon on the next map? Or is there a chance for a pylon to spawn on the next map, without you to make anymore substancial progression (as you are already at 99%)?

I found myself many times in this situation last season, and every time I explored the next map (and sometimes the next map) in the hope of finding a pylon, there was none. So I suppose that here is my answer, but I would like to make sure.

Hi again,

Pick one! I have tested both builds ad nausaem and just when I start liking one, the other produces a superior result. In an ideal scenario the Endless Walk + Strongarm bracers + COE is stronger…however…the incoming damage reduction which you get when using R&R + Aughild’s set gives you tactical advantages. which often pay off, as you can stay inside the Occulus circle, instead having to readjust your position. Additionally, R&R allows you to move around without loss of damage output, while Endless Walk’s is compromised immediately.

There is no right answer here. Case and point, my best result, when I was still pushing GRs all the way back last summer, came without ever finding a conduit. It was all about the type of monsters, density and Hamelin RG at the end, who provided all the adds necessary for a quick kill. Also, this was with the Endless Walk variant (significant, since in part 1 of my post here, I had kind of made a case in favor of R&R). This leads, in my experience, to random luck rather than skill, being the greatest factor.

1 Like

Thanks, Harnor!

Well, if it is impossible to say for sure whether a pylon will spawn further down the road or not, then the most rational strategy probably is to have the Boss spawn ASAP after a significant progression that brings me close to 100%, if I’ve walked a few yards and that no pylons have spawned (in case I couldn’t save a pylon from a previous floor), hoping for a proper Boss, I guess…