28 Changes In D2: Resurrected [+More Post-Launch]

i dont think they invisioned anything when it comes to pvp tbh… I think pvp was just a random feature they added without much thought and it turned out that players actually managed to make something great and balanced out of it with the tools they had.

i dont believe they will change skills (do you think they will/should? honestly?)

as i mentioned before i think the best way would be to introduce wsg as a feature and just eliminate the glitch/bug status it has. The negative touch seems to be the only real concern for most players.

1 Like

They are

• obvious EXCELLENT changes
    (graphics, more stash, cow king, more content for solo player… )

• obvious BAD CHANGES
    (characters model are meh, LAN loss)

• Some changes that seems not so important, but noone asked for (EBUG, WSG) it has impact on valuable item you can loot, AND pvp.

The sad thing about that wsg bug , i am pretty confident that most ppl crusading against dont event know what it is and have/will never used it or faced it in their entire d2 life time.
There existence had no negative impact on anyone, but this being changed has impact for quality of pvp… so removing it is a regression. You see the point ? it was bad for noone, and good for pvp balance. You remove it – without adding alternatives options–, the only result is “pvp will be worse”

There is also bad communication from blizzard aroud motivation around all this, so noone know what is next “surprise”. Who knows ?

• will grief be nerf ? will baalxrun xp change ? will merc in the futur break eth weapons ? some skills will be rebalanced (nerfed) ? maybe for some random engine or technical stuff WW frames will change or who knows.

This doesnt give Trust. We were all excepting “the same game in HD playable on modern computers”, but we see it’s not.

We also know that once the game is released in production, there is a very high change it will be set in stone “forever” and there will be no super-patch-that-fixe-or-add-promise except worst crash Bugs familly.
So the only timing to try to improve things, is now. Point problem & yield until everything is the BEST POSSIBLE.

Well, TLDR ,
my only point is there are wonderfull things AND bad things together.
Why you had the need to create bad or controversial changes ? this is sad, cause we all love D2 and want the best D2R possible. …

We prefer discover {7 good news}, that {11 good + 4 bads}.

1 Like

That entirely depends on the community. If all those in favor of bringing WSG back instead shouted for diminished returns on stuns do you think they would ignore this forever? Especially if the PVM crowd supports it too?
Personally I think they should do things like “try this change for a month or in some cases a season, if you all hate it we will toss it” personally I think this is a good way to find mutually valued improvements. (I doubt they will do it but I stand by the statement all the same)

I am not against change. I don’t think D2 1.14 or what ever was the perfect version of itself. I think that hoping for fixes to things is ok and that the D2 community (despite the uproar) would probably accept certain other concessions if they make good sense

The modern BNET and global servers so far seem to be a negative. Latency on the open beta was pretty bad, rubber banding was awful. I’d rather local servers than having to send my data literally to the other side of the planet and suffering the less responsive game with more server desync. It was pretty bad on the open beta, constantly dealing with it.

Many of the other changes are exactly what the game needed, but they can definitely go further, one example is the gamepad hotkey bar being available to KB + Mouse users. I would also buff lots of spells that become useless in mid-late game, particularly those that lack synergies.

The idea of half the elemental builds relying on Infinity to even function in Hell mode, while masses of players run around with HOTA hammer paladins because they are infinitely stronger than most other builds for a fraction of the build cost is gonna get old.

2 Likes

i guess thats a question of philosophy.

i dont enjoy any of the newer blizzard titles. The games they produce today have lost the charm of what they once created imo.

hence i for the same reason dont want them to overly alter the remaster of one of those genre defining classics like diablo 2.

if you enjoy the games they produce currently, i can see you having a different opinion on this. but i would argue that its sad that a classic remaster like D2r would have to be updated to incorporate changes that bring it closer to current blizzard games, when there is a continous stream of new ones down the line yet we only have one D2.

I would argue that much of this is simply rose colored glasses and nostalgia. This might be the great test right? If D2R has lasting power and chooses not to make any more significant changes then that proves that specifically the modernization of gaming has ruined the spark.

I’m not a D3 fanboy. D2 was/is better in my opinion. But I also don’t wholesale resent all changes D3 saw. I think some QoL stuff was actually good. It just gets overshadowed by the bad.

None the less @Ulv convinced me WSG might need to be brought back due to most fixes causing other complications. He makes a compelling argument I’ll try to link that discussion

1 Like

A few more and the game is perfect

• rune and gem stacking

• improved Merc AI

• holy grail stash tab

• players x on Battle.net

• transmog

• and finally, modding tools to allow people to improve the game for those instances considered “too much of a change”, ie: item,skill balance

2 Likes

I strongly agree with all the above. I hope they add a shorter teleport leash on mercs. Act 2 beta my merc was like perma half way across the map because he was too dumb to use the stairs…

2 Likes

how is there “bad” communication? They made it very clear in both the D2R deep dive as well as the latest blog/pinned post about why they made the changes they did.

Maybe you’re only referring to the character models? Because their inclusion seems pretty obvious to me as the reason why. (see what i did there?)

the latest tweet suggests there are some changes coming post-launch. Nothing game changing im sure. (plooters are going to be disappointed) but im sure there will still be lots of bug fixes and maybe even some more QoL.

i wouldn’t hold my breath for things like balance changes or ploot though. A vague mention in an interview does not imply its ever going to happen, more empty promises and corporate-speak. They just haven’t explicitly said no. obviously they want to keep people like the plooters on the hook as long as possible with thinking they would consider changes that will never happen.

funny enough i support more stash space but i don’t support rune/gem stacking. Inventory tetris is D2, this is the way.

actually VERY against this. You should know exactly what another player is wearing when you see them. This is a huge bonus for the game immersion. You see someone with IK set and you know they are wearing it. it would be super lame if anyone could just switch to that regardless of gear.

No, this takes away from the immersion of online play. you can’t artifically boost your games difficulty without real players.

2 Likes

How strong is your argument if it can be destroyed with 3 words?

“Transmog:On/Off”

you want them to add a feature for transmog that only people who turn it on can see? thats some next level delusional entitlement. No game has this nor would they add it. lol. Im all for good suggestions that don’t change the game, but this… this isn’t one of them.

3 Likes

It doesn’t need to be turned on

It’s created to be turned off by people like you crying that they want to see what other people are wearing just by item models

Argument which doesn’t make sense because… how can you tell the difference between an Ap Nigma, an Ap fortitude, and Ap COh or a flail Hoto, a flail CTa, a Flail HOj?

3: Gamble refresh + item no longer disappears… This is going to save so much time gambling. Awesome change.

5: Cow King lock-out removed… All I can say is MooooOoOoO! :smiley:

13: “huge list”… I sure hope that the pet disappearing issue is fixed, more specifically I want to run around with an Iron Golem and not have to worry about him vanishing and losing the item I made him with!

3 Likes

Although it is not a huge thing, I am still sad about the e bug removal. I hope they are going to implement something like it as a feature later on. Maybe something less random, maybe the same thing. It is the only change so far, which flattens the game mechanics (a tiny bit) in PvM.

these are big improvements to the gambling process. having to unclick and reclick dozens of times just to get the item you want and then having to do it AGAIN once you bought one honestly really turned me off to gambling in general. I didn’t gamble much before, but ill definitely do it a lot now.

to me this is such an epic change for both the ability to relax during cow runs as well as being able to actually (and quickly) farm the cow-king set. It has a stupidly high drop rate from the king himself.

-Hooves are 1:99 and Hide is 1:50 drop chance in Norm cows. Although his Horns are only dropped in NM-Hell cows at a probability of 1:606. This means with 200 MF it becomes 1:21 and 1:42 drop chance in normal and 1:255 for the Horns in NM-H.

My fav builds are summon necro and druid, so this is the most obnoxious bug in the game for me. (that and the Fury/fend missing bug) and i pray they fixed them both.

I personally think its a good change because you felt obligated to always use the Ebug for any toon or merc you could because its such a HUGE bonus to defense.

3 Likes

Or just make transmog a local only visual. People get to look like what they want and others see the actual gear mic drop

I like all of the changes aside from the TCP/IP removal and I’m not sure how I feel about the WSG bugs etc. being removed yet. Need to see how PvP feels.

2 Likes

First of all Its the BETA. This is literally what the Beta tests are meant for, server stability. The number one thing they are working on right now is fixing the latency issues. Secondly, i didnt personally i didn’t experience any issues or lag. I only D/C’d once and i had low ping the entire time. The launch will have significantly less latency, guaranteed.

i greatly support this. i messed around with the controller support on my PC and didn’t know what i was missing until i had it lol.

i also really hope they buff a lot of the dead skills. D2 has such a cool skill system, its just sad that literally 70% of them are useless for mid to end game. lol

1 Like

Honestly, I’m happy with it. I don’t want private loot, but ultimately I don’t care. It’s a darn game and I’ve got waaaaaay too much other stuff going on to give this an ounce of emotional property.

They nuked the pvp scene by removing WSG. I’ll be refunding come the beginning of September if I don’t here some kind of vouch from the company that they’ll be putting it back in.